Traitor

Traitor

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            A long week had passed and Hack couldn’t understand why he had been delaying his hack into his laptop. He was capable of doing it anytime he wanted, that was true, but even under the weary eyes of Dagger, no one could push him to get the files. Not until it was time. Until he was commanded to do so. But, by who? Dagger knew something was off about Hack but she couldn’t put her finger on it and if Base 1 trusted him, then she had to as well but, he had changed so much.

            Then, with the command finally given, Hack got his computer back up. It was time to get those files. There was no need in bothering anyone else anymore or biding his time. He didn't want to but he had no other choice, it was not by his own will. Everything on those files was deadly and they weren't meant for them. He had seen what was on those files before and he had been told what would happen if he opened them but, he guessed, it was time to see if this was just how it was supposed to be, but not by his own choice. 

Dagger was sitting behind him with several glances at his computer. Was she trying to make sure he was on track or was she afraid of something? Did she know something? Her eyebrows were knitted closely together as if she was confused or thinking hard about something in her mind without realizing her emotions were being painted on her face. Hack focused on his computer, Dagger was not his worry nor was she a threat. Currently. He was almost there; gliding across the cables and alternating the coding. In the back of his mind, he registered that Ducky walked into the room, glared at him, and logged onto his own computer. It was just one more click.

            It opened.

            All of the files stared back at him with a faded glow, unharmed and unaltered. Hack was scanning the titles when Dagger walked over, ready to read the files. She pointed to some files and he selected them without objection. Each appeared to be innocent but when Dagger snuck her computer glasses on, they noticed that they were anything but innocent and she of all people recognized the code. There were red, chewed codes lining the brims of every word in the documents. Dagger pointed at file with an interesting heat signature and numerous codes surrounding it but Hack refused to open it. He pointed at others that they could look at with his mouse that he argued could be equally important. Then Ducky, hearing them argue, came over and looked at the screen himself.

            "Why can't you open that one?" Ducky asked him.

            "I didn't say I couldn't, just not yet. We need to look through the files before it first because we don't know whether or not these files are in order." Hack pointed his mouse on another file.

            "Well, maybe he's right," Dagger began to wonder.

            "No, click on this file." Ducky grabbed the mouse from him and clicked the file that they had been arguing over.

            The screen went black and red codes slowly rolled down the screen with and without the glasses. Certain lengths of the codes began flashing to form a clock that was counting down.

            "Wait... What is it counting down for?" Dagger looked at Ducky but her eyes settled more violently on Hack.

            "I don't know, why don't you ask Hack?" Ducky glared at both of them.

            "Excuse me? How would I know?" Hack snapped at Ducky, “This is the first time I’ve managed to see the files.”

            "See that name right there? It says 'H@SHK.' That's you, Hack, I know it is. So, what is it counting down for?"

            Hack got out of the computer chair and moved back a couple steps before he was forced to stop; Ducky held a gun at Dagger's throat. There was forty seconds left on the clock until it exploded.

            "You're too late." Hack grinned while avoiding Dagger's eyes.

 



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Last chapter for book 1. Still editing everything

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't know if i prefer it but i think the change has made it more compelling for me and other readers as we've followed Hack throughout , through his eyes if you will and i've so focused on wanting to learn more and more about Dagger and Ducky when really the thing that needed uncovering may have been in my eyes all along
. i just hope that this change doesn't make the story fall as it's rised so perfectly but you said something big is coming and i'm happy because i know you can execute and bring it like i know you can .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WHAT??!!KEEP WRITING NOW!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This had my heart up in my throat!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't know if i prefer it but i think the change has made it more compelling for me and other readers as we've followed Hack throughout , through his eyes if you will and i've so focused on wanting to learn more and more about Dagger and Ducky when really the thing that needed uncovering may have been in my eyes all along
. i just hope that this change doesn't make the story fall as it's rised so perfectly but you said something big is coming and i'm happy because i know you can execute and bring it like i know you can .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW . i think it's gotten intense already , when reading this i swear to god , i was screaming inside but i wanted to scream outside than inside but i couldn't because mostly everyone is asleep , it's given me so much chills . such a good end to a good book . can't wait for the second . you blow me away

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.