Searching

Searching

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            Hack left the computer room with questions filling his mind. Where was Dagger going? Why wouldn't she tell him anything? Why did they need the President's files so badly? These questions left him with no answers but a solution to, hopefully, get closer to one. He made his way down the hall of rooms until he arrived at the door to his own room; however, it wasn’t his room he was looking for. He turned to the door behind him. Dagger's. If she wouldn't give him information, then he would have to find the information himself.

            Slowly, Hack opened the door and peered into the homely room to make sure that Dagger wasn't inside. The room was so clean that it looked as though it had never been lived in but that couldn’t be since the night before it had been littered with papers. He stood in the center of the room. Where should he start? There was no time to think, he had to be quick. Dagger was probably expecting him to search her things since she always saw the worst in everyone so he knew he shouldn’t dawdle.

            Hack walked around the room as he searched for anything of importance. Possibly a slip of paper, a journal, or maybe even a photo. So far, she'd kept the room clean of any life, though, the papers he saw earlier were either trashed or well hidden. He was beginning to lose hope when something in her trash caught his eye which Dagger must have left it in haste that morning. Inside the trash was a white tank top that had blotches of red smothered heavily along the bottom and small dots on the chest. Hack curiously studied it closer to his face. Was it...

            "Ugh.. Dang! That's disgusting!" His nose wrinkled as he threw it back into the trash. He remembered something that Dagger had told him over telnet, 'the fifth and the last.' She must have been killing people and that was her fifth and... the last. But that would mean...

            "So, now you like going through my stuff?" Dagger was leaning against the door with her arms crossed over her chest; there was no way out.

            "Ducky... He's an..." Hacks voice trailed off.

            "Assassin? Murderer? Yeah, sure. You figured that out pretty quickly." She rolled her eyes, her voice sharp with sarcasm.

            "This place is nuts. What is this place? Who are you people?"

            "Oh, so you're not included anymore? OK, I think we can get by without you. I should have gotten rid of you to begin with anyway because one: you weren’t getting the files and two: you are sneaking around in my room for the second time!"

            "I didn't mean that and I---"

            "Didn't think you'd be caught?"

            "No! Will you shut up for a second and let me talk?!" Hack glared at her and she didn’t speak, "I just want to know what the heck this place is and who everyone is! No secrets! Nothing!"

            Dagger still didn't reply. She suddenly seemed so small and fragile, almost as if she had been beaten down to the ground. "Fine." she began, touching the back of her head and wincing like she was checking to see if it was just a bad dream.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The character development is still progressing niceley and i'm loving Dagger but i felt in last chapters , you we're sidelining Hack and giving more stuff to Dagger but obviously i don't know the climax of the story or how it's going to end but from the start , I got the impression that Hack was the main character who is our eyes for the story , so where looking what he sees throughout .
I would love to see more Hack/Dagger and Dagger/Ducky interaction and see some more of Base 1 . Ducky's a murderer , when i read it was certainley a thrill to discover that but at the same time , i didn't picture him being a murderer but everyone pictures characters differentley , but i would like to seee more of what his murderous side looks like in future chapters . so far so good , good job .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The character development is still progressing niceley and i'm loving Dagger but i felt in last chapters , you we're sidelining Hack and giving more stuff to Dagger but obviously i don't know the climax of the story or how it's going to end but from the start , I got the impression that Hack was the main character who is our eyes for the story , so where looking what he sees throughout .
I would love to see more Hack/Dagger and Dagger/Ducky interaction and see some more of Base 1 . Ducky's a murderer , when i read it was certainley a thrill to discover that but at the same time , i didn't picture him being a murderer but everyone pictures characters differentley , but i would like to seee more of what his murderous side looks like in future chapters . so far so good , good job .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.