The Intrusion

The Intrusion

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            "Hey, Dagger, I got the stuff you wanted and-----" Ducky came in through the door without knocking, "What's going on?"

            "Thanks for getting these, Ducky. We were just--- Well, I came in here to find Hack looking through my stuff and he wanted me to answer some questions about last night so, I answered them. How much do I owe you?" Dagger avoided Hack's eyes.

            "Uh... It was forty bucks for the two pairs of sunglasses, ten for this glass you wanted, and ten for my labor. So, a total of sixty bucks."

            "Argh... Someday, I'll have to surface before you get me broke, I guess." Dagger handed him the money after counting it out from her nightstand.

            "Wait, you've never been beyond the warehouse?" Hack looked at her curiously.

            "Not since I was eight... Anyway, that doesn't matter right now. Ducky, could you leave Hack and I alone for a second?"

            "Oh, yeah, sure but, first, I'd like to talk to him. Just real fast. Hack, will you come with me for a second?" Ducky left the room with Hack following behind him. He stopped outside of the door but closed it before he spoke. Hack stared at him, a murderer right in front of him... Would he kill him or was this just a normal conversation? His heart pounded in his chest as Ducky leaned against the opposite wall.

            "So, what's up?" Ducky smiled, breaking his stern features.

            "Nothing much. Just talking to Dagger." Hack watched Ducky's hands.

            "Why do you seem so nervous? C'mon, dude, loosen up!"
            "I'm sorry, just a little tired."

            "Sure, whatever. I just hope you aren't trying to cause any trouble ‘round here. Dagger is Base 1's right hand... girl. If she steps out of line and it’s for something she’s never done before, I will know it was you and I will be sure to get rid of the cause. She doesn't deserve to be blamed for something someone else caused."

            "I-I understand. Don't think she'll listen to anything I say, anyway." Hack watched as Ducky stiffly walked away after flashing him his glossed over eyes. Something was odd about him... What had happened?

            When Hack reentered the room, Dagger was reluctant to continue though she knew it was time to tell him. However, with a slight shake of her head, she changed her mind, "Hack, get me those files and I promise I will tell you everything. Once we get those files everything will make sense. OK? Good. Please leave." Not offering him a chance to speak.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my god!! I just want to see where this is going!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another great one! Keep them coming!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was quite a good way to balance the revealing of Duckey being a Murderer with everything else . i liked it , it's really amazing how these are such short chapters but you manage to fit so much detail , characterization and story inside .
it's good having Ducky more in the front centre .

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.