Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

Extract from the Journal of Aries

Everyone has heard about this " this " group. It is commonly known as the ruling power in the galaxy. But I think it’s more than that. I think its been more than that for a very, very long time.

          When I was brought here, I was lead through several passages in dark, dank, musty caves, with no clue as to where I was. I was then thrown into what appears to be a dungeon or detention cell.

          This is the place where I saw it, the non-official symbol. It struck fear into my heart. I have heard the stories; but I never thought them to be true. This is Gemini. A galaxy wide cult.

 

 

Aries was a quite girl, doing what was good for the mass population of the galaxy, hoping that she would one day get her reward after a life time of commitment to justice. She was pale skinned, and her hair was a shoulder length crop of ash blonde, with a fringe that had been brushed to the side. Usually. However, she had been captured by a man that made most murders look like they could be considered among the most civilized of people. But then again, this man was the worst killer the universe had ever seen. Because of the actions of this one man, her neat appearance was now a mess. She was now covered in dirt, her neatly cropped hair had become a mass of frizz and her skin was even paler.

          She had been locked away in a damp, musty cell in a rocky fortress, using what she could to remain sane and document the torment, so she didn’t have to relive it. But her recounts of everyday had become very similar. The time ebbed away slowly, like a turning tide. She was living a nightmare.

          Aries had become accustomed to the cold, wet conditions and now only shivered because of the overwhelming fear she was gripped by. She gathered up the scrapes of paper she had managed to keep hold of and hid them under a fallen rock.

          Aries was lonely. She had been locked away in an empty cell. All her thoughts seemed like they were bouncing off the walls. It was intrusive. Maddening. Aries was starting to feel claustrophobic. The size of the cell seemed to be getting smaller and smaller. This made her question all the good she had done throughout her life. Wondering if she was right at all?

          A rock door began to slowly, noisily open, making the ground beneath Aries shudder. A small slither of orange light penetrated the semi-darkness. As it grew, Aries had to squint, because her eyes had adjusted to constant darkness. The light was a glare to Aries and all she could make out was the silhouette of a thin, well dressed young man from Quartz Minor.

          “Hello again, Aries.” Said the man in a quiet but strong and commanding voice. His outline had become a little clearer. “How are you feeling today?” He took a step into the cell. Aries did not answer. She stared at him. Fear glistening in her eyes. The man laughed. “Why do you refuse to answer me?” he asked. “Facing your fear is the best way to conquer it.”

          “I don’t fear you.” Aries said at last, her voice hoarse. “Why should I fear you?”

          “My reputation as the worst tyrant the universe has ever witnessed. Who isn’t afraid of a person such as me?” the man asked, an evil glimmer in his clear green eyes.

          “Me.” Aries replied, her voice shaking.

          “Your eyes and voice tell a different tale.” He said. “You fear me. You fear Zardac, the commander of all evil!”

          “You are not sane!” Aries yelled, losing control. “You are the worst kind of monster. Even the darkness is cautious around you!”

          “Now the truth is out.” Zardac said, laughing menacingly. “But there was no need to shout.”

          “You will be stopped.” Aries said. “People like you always are.”

          “But your journey will have finally be completed.” Zardac said. “But it has only just begun.”

          “My journey to what?” Aries asked. Zardac walked toward her. His outline was now finally clear, as her eyes had adjusted to the new light level.

          Zardac was a thin, weak looking man. But Zardac was a lot stronger then he looked. His skin was pale blue. He was dressed in a black suit, with a red tie. His face looked evil with its menacing pleasure. His dark hair was neatly cut, making him look attractive. The only off putting aspects were the fact that he ran an infamous cult and he was a murderous, raving, lunatic.

          “Your journey to the right path.” Zardac said.

          “No!” Aries yelled. “No! I’ll never ... you must be mistaken!”

          “Our true leader is out there and they need to be reminded of where they belong.”

          “Who?” Aries asked.

          “Someone who is close to you.” Zardac said, seeing the fearful glint in Aries’ eyes become concern. “But the person we are looking for is my sibling.”

          “Who?” Aries asked.

          “Faith, is all you need to find the answer you desire.” Zardac said, running a long fingered hand through Aries’ frizzy, ash blonde hair. “Please stop hiding things under that stone, I find it rude.”

          Aries began to think, her head aching from the effort as she concentrated. But then she realized, which flashed in her eyes.

          “No!” Aries yelled. “No you can’t they have power enough to destroy everything! Besides they would never join you!” She spat on the floor.

          Zardac started to leave the cavern. “I will be seeing you again soon, Aries, you can count on that.” He said as he left.

          The door slid shut once more. Aries was alone again. Aries curled up on the dirty floor and began to shake. The fear taking control again. But it was not a fear of Zardac. She had gotten over that. It was the fear of being alone.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 7, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson