Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

“No, I don’t think so,” Hope Moonstone replied into an active long distance communicator. “I’m not going to tell uncle Z that you’ve failed him. Again. Charity you will have to do it.”

          “But you’re there.” Charity said. “Please, just tell him your mother got away. Again.”

          “Send him a data burst, he’s got his data tablet with him.” Hope replied.

          “Stop being a petulant child!” Charity snapped. “Pass on the message!”

          “Fine.” Hope said. “But when you get back he’ll be very, very ... disappointed in you.”

          The communicator shut off. Hope turned with grace on the spot and skipped out of the communications chamber. Hope looked almost exactly like her mother, only her hair had crimson streaks and her body was covered in scars.

          She skipped down a long, dark corridor. She passed five chambers before she spotted someone.

          “Hay you there,” she called after the figure. “where’s our Lord and Master?”

          “Cell block.” the figure replied. “He’s very angry.”

          “Thank you.” Hope said turning to go in the other direction. She started to hum.

          Ten minutes later she entered the cell block to hear a lot of shouting. Wonderful, she thought, he really is angry. Whose done what now?

          “... If you were not my friend, my most trusted...”

          “Yeah! If I was your friend, why do you treat me like crap?!”

          Hope started to walk, slowly. She pointed to the nearest guard. “You there,” she commanded in her mind, “why is Zardac so pissed off?”

          “Loki betrayed us.” came the silent reply.

          Hope walked into the cell the yelling originated from and cringed. She could sense Zardac’s thoughts, which she had never been able to do before, and most of what she saw was death.

          “You are not asking the questions!” Zardac yelled. “Why?” Hope stood silent in the shadows.

          “Why should I reply?” Loki replied.

                   “Hay!” Hope shouted, stepping forward. “You heard him! Now answer the question, scumbag!”

          “Fine.” Loki caved. “I’ve had enough of this bulling twat!” Loki regretted his statement instantly. He yelled in pain because Zardac was hitting him pure energy, and Hope had an invisible hand squeezing Loki’s hippocampus. Both smiled identical malicious smiles.

          “Please stop.” Loki gasped. They did. Hope walked up to him and punched him in the face and kneed him in the balls. Zardac laughed, and they both walked out.

          “Why did you come to me?” Zardac asked after they had turned out of the cell block.

          “Because Charity reported in Uncle.” Hope replied. “She has failed. My mother has escaped, on an unmarked ship. With a Wraith.”

          “What?” Zardac snapped breathing hard, hands balled into fists.

          “My mother has escaped from Charity in a ship with a Wraith.” Hope summarised.

          “Why can’t I ever trust anyone but you to do a job right?” Zardac asked. Hope shook her head. “Right, Hope, take over Charity’s mission, and send Charity back here to me.”

          “Yes, Uncle.” Hope said turning again to go the other way. Zardac continued on in his direction.

          Why? Zardac thought, Why Loki? Why now? Can’t anything go right for me? For my family. Sister I will free you. You will never have to live in your nightmare much longer. I promise. And Loki, I swear you will pay for your betrayal.

 

          Hope was in her quarters gathering her belongings, getting ready for her mission take over, grinning. It had been so long since had been given a mission and she was going to enjoy this one immensely. Charity you are in big trouble now. You should have told him yourself, she thought. She placed four small, ornate, stone statues into her bag, and closed it. She then slung it over her shoulder, and skipped out of her room. She was heading for the landing bay. Her hair, much like her mother’s trailing behind her, looking like purple on fire.

          “I’m sorry miss, you can’t go any further without the proper clearance.” a tall, thin guard instructed her.

          “I’m heading off-world on orders from Lord Zardac.” Hope explained.

          “I will need proof.” the guard said.

          “What?!” Hope exclaimed anger filling her, “Why you insolent excuse of a human. Do you not know who I ...”

          “Hope, he does know who you are.” Zardac said turning the corner. “But he is following orders set after Loki’s actions. By the way Tom, Hope is telling the truth, let her past.”

          Tom stepped aside. Hope glided past him. Zardac followed.

          “Trick her into following you if you must,” he began instructing his nice, placing a blue hand on her exposed, scarred shoulder. “but just get your mother here. When you do get her here, we will she her the truth together. And we will be a family. I have full faith that you can do this Hope. I know you will not fail me.” Hope swallowed.

          “I’ll do my best.” she said.

          “I know you will,” Zardac replied.

          “For Gemini.” Hope whispered. She walked over to the ship in the far left corner of the hanger bay. She ran up the ramp, suddenly nervous. Zardac was placing his big plan all on her, she knew now that failure would mean death. Libra had never taken any prisoners, that she knew of, and she was going after their number one operative. It was on her, now.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson