Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

“Hope, welcome home.” Hope said to herself. “Computer, extend the drag fins, and cut power to the starboard engines, make it look like we’ve been shot at.”

          “Yes ma’am.”

          Hope took the flight controls and started to fly, erratically, towards Quartz Minor. Hope pulled round the moon.

          “What’s happened to it?” Hope said aloud, shock spreading across her face.

          “Your planet is dying.”

          “I can see that.” Hope said staring at the only green spot on the surface of her home-world. “When I let it was completely green, but now its white and almost lifeless. Why?”

          “Humanity.”

          “Please, explain further.”

          “Man-kind was granted refuge on Quartz Minor. Your planet’s atmosphere can only sustain your species as our species sustains your atmosphere.” The computer explained. “The humans brought polluting agents with them, making the atmosphere decay rapidly. Soon your world will be completely dead. Un-inhabitable.”

          “How soon is ‘soon’, computer?” Hope asked.

          “25 years.”

          “Can it be saved?”

          “No ma’am, that technology has been destroyed.”

          “By who?”

          “Lord Zardac, because he feared Libra would be able to weaponise it.”

          “That’s as good a reason as any.” Hope sighed. “Activate the distress beacon.”

          “Distress beacon active.”

          Hope looked away from her dying world. A small tear rolled down her cheek.

          The console beeped. The fleet had arrived. They followed the plan and opened fire, only inflicting minor damage.

          “Incoming transmission from the planet.” The computer said.

          “On screen.”

          “Hope Moonstone, why have you come here?” Samuel asked.

          “Dad.” Hope answered, shocked. “I have come seeking refuge.”

          “Why?”

          “I will speak no further with a man who should be dead.” Hope said. “I will speak only with my mother.”

          “Fine. Three cruisers and two attack ships will be sent to see you safely to the surface.” Sam said. “Then we will see about a meeting with your mother.”

          “Thank you.” Hope said. The transmission ended.

 

          One hour later.

          “Sam you can’t stop me seeing my child!” Faith yelled. “She is my daughter, she requested to see me and I won’t stop her because it has been years since she had wanted to be in my presence.”

          “Fine, but don’t blame me if she hurts you again.” Sam said.

          Faith slapped him. “Leave me to make my own mind up. Then don’t judge me.” Faith said. “Now leave, because I wish to be alone with my only child.”

          Sam left reluctantly in a very bad mood. Faith stood alone in the hangar bay. The bay doors opened and six ships, five of the ships had a small number of blast marks, the sixth ship heavy damage all over it, landed in the bay.

          The five scratched ships entry ramps lowered smoothly. The occupants left their vessels. The sixth ship’s ramp lowered in a jittery way.

          A blue skinned Quartz female limped down the ramp. She was in a black skin tight trousers and T-shirt. There was a large rip in the trousers, through which dark blue blood could be seen, slowly dripping down her leg. She had the same skin tone as Faith, but she was very badly scared. Her purple, shoulder length hair had streaks of red in it. She also had Faith’s green eyes. They were bloodshot and her cheeks tear stained. She had been crying.

          “Hello mother.” Hope said to her mother, who now stood staring in shock at her daughter. The war was not treating her well. Not at all.

          “Oh, Hope.” Faith said, tears leaking from her eyes. “My little girl. She’s all grown up. She’s battle scared, but alive.”  Faith ran up to her only daughter and gave her a long hug that Hope returned.

          “Mother I’m so sorry.” Hope said. “Do you think you could ever forgive me?”

          “There is nothing to forgive,” Faith answered. “I know you were deceived.”

          “I’ve missed you so much, Mum.” Hope said. Faith felt warmth spreading into her body from her heart.

          “I’ve missed you too, Hope.” Faith returned with a smile. “Now, that leg, let’s get it looked at.”

          Faith put Hope’s left arm around her shoulders and led her to the medical room.

 

          “Charity you have failed e again and I am not happy.” Zardac said.

          “I know I have failed you my Lord,” Charity agreed facing the silhouette of her master, knelt in devotion at his feet. “I beg for your forgiveness my Lord.”

          Zardac sighed. “If you were anyone else,” Zardac said softly, “I would have killed you. However, my love for you will not temper my anger at your failure much longer.”

          “I understand. You are very wise. Merciful.” Charity said.

          “But for new you will help me run things here until Hope returns.”

          “My Lord, can I inquire as to why you are having Faith Moonstone tailed?”

          “Because when the time is right she shall take up her rightful place.” Zardac said, his eyes glowing red.

          “And what place might that be?”

          “The choice is hers. But she is the rightful leader of both sides as the gods choose her. But she can only lead one.”



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson