Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

“So what you are saying, Captain,” Hope said, furry in her voice clear, “that you, with all this technology all these experts, can’t find one person in one small ship. Moron!” Hope slapped Captain Flintoff around the face.

          “We are doing our best Admiral,” the Captain said, “it is not our fault that your mother got away clean.”

          “Your best!” Hope yelled, “I believe that if you were doing your best, you would have found her!”

          “Please ma’am we are ...”

          “Save it!” Hope snapped, “I will search myself.” Hope marched into her ship and started up the scanners, and opened her mother’s electronic record.

 

          GEMINI RECORDS

          NAME: Faith Moonstone

          HOME-WORLD: Quartz Minor

          OCCUPATION: Libra operative

          PARENTS: Odin and Hathor Moonstone (both deceased)

          OTHER: Drives a Z type 18927 Cattermoth ship.

Can control the elements, and is deadly if she loses her     control. Home-world dying.

STATUS: Must be captured alive.

 

          “Computer, start scanning for the hyper drive footprint for a Z type 18927 Cattermoth ship.” Hope said.

          “Found.” Said a heavy, male computerized voice.

          “Location? Vector?”

          “18,000 feet above atmosphere. Has a vector of 1.2936         north 3.567 east.”

          “Possible locations?”

          “Only 1. Quartz Minor.”

          “Why would she go there?”

          “Unknown.”

          “Computer, send this information to Lord Zardac, and tell him I am on my way.” Hope said.

          “Yes Admiral.” the computer said. Hope walked off the ship. She blinked as she did so as the sunlight had grown in intensity.

          “Captain!” Hope called. Captain Flintoff walked slowly up to Hope. “Yes Admiral.” the Captain said.

          “Ten minutes after I have left the surface of this planet I want you to go to your ships and take your fleet to Quartz Minor,” Hope ordered, “there you are to take me into custardy. Understood?”

          “Yes ma’am.”

          “Good, good. Go explain the plan to your men, and actually make it five minutes.” Hope said, turning to reboard her ship.

 

          “My Lord,” said Aries, “You are needed in the communications centre.”

          “Aries, why?” Zardac breathed through his chamber. He was sat on his ornate, stone throne with his eyes closed.

          “Why, sir?” Aries said, confused.

          “Why am I needed at communications?” Zardac clarified.

          “You have a message.” Aries explained. “I have tried to unlock it myself; everyone in communications has tried...”

          “Get to the point.” Zardac ordered, opening his green eyes to stare at Aries.

          “Well, sir, it has a pass-code, with a clue, and no-one has been able to solve it. I think you might be able to solve it though.”

          “Then let’s go and have a look.” Zardac said, getting to his feet. He and Aries both took the five corridor walk to the communications centre in silence.

          “No, we’ve tried that,” a com officer was saying, “it did not work. I think we should wait for Zardac to arrive, he’ll know it.”

          “That is Lord Zardac to you Richard.” Zardac said.

          “Yes, my Lord, sorry, my Lord.” Richard spat out in alarm.

          “Ha humans, still think you are superior to all,” Zardac said amused, “but you are not.” He walked up to the console display screen, which read:

 

Message to Lord Zardac

Pass-code:

Hint; They are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. What are the two sisters?

 

          “Oh, that’s good, but not good enough.” Zardac said smiling to himself.

          “My Lord?” Aries said.

          “The pass-code is night and day.” Zardac said. “Hope you are making them too easy.”

          “Please, my Lord, explain? Is this fun for you?” Aries asked as Richard typed in the pass-code.

          “Yes, Hope and I enjoying giving each other riddles to solve.” Zardac said, “Richard, has the pass-code been entered and accepted?”

          “Yes, my Lord.”

          “Then stand aside, I wish to read the message myself.” Zardac ordered stepping forward.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson