Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

Faith slowly entered the isolation room. She stopped every time Hope screamed. When Faith finally got to the side of her daughter’s bed and took her hand. Faith started to hum.

          Sam entered.

          “Imposter!” Hope yelled at him. “Get out! Leave! You’re dead!” Alpah rushed to push Sam out of the room.

          “What have I done?” he protested.

          “Made her stressed.” Alpha explained. “Plus she does not wish to see you, just as she screamed.”

          Sam left with no more protest.

          “Don’t worry sweetie, Mom’s here.” Faith soothed, stroking her daughter’s hair.

          “I’m not six years old mother.” Hope said with a pained smile.

          “I know.” Faith started singing in her native tongue. Hope’s screams  became fewer and fewer, with large gaps between them each time. Faith took the damp cloth from Alpha, that Alpha had been dabbing on Hope’s face, and took over.

          Alpha looked at the Wraith at a loss for what to say.

          “Faith is singing an ancient song of peace, serenity and calm,” Darmacus explained, “like all Quartz mothers do when their children are in pain. They also have a need to be the only ones that can touch their children in such a time as this. Please don’t ask me why because I don’t know why. You would have to ask that of a mother from Quartz Minor.”

          The room was silent for a time after Darmacus had finished his explanation. But Faith’s beautiful singing continued. Soon Hope had stopped screaming and writhing in pain. Faith however, kept on singing.

          Hope suddenly lurched.

          “Faith get away from the bed.” Darmacus demanded. “Now!”

          Faith turned to glare at Darmacus, furious. How could she �" why would she �" leave her daughter when Hope needed her most.

          Then everything seemed to happen at once.

          Hope’s mouth opened as if in a silent scream. Faith turned to start singing to her little girl again, but Darmacus grabbed her, forcing Faith away from the bed. Alpha exclaimed in horror as a green starfish like parasite leaped out of Hope’s open mouth. Hope went limp.

          The parasite was flying through the air towards Faith. Darmacus picked up a dark container and caught it and screwed the lid on, placing the container on the table at the end of Hope’s bed.

          Faith rushed again, for her daughter, flinging her arms around Hope’s motionless form, sobbing. Hope wasn’t dead. But she seemed lifeless. Faith wondered if her daughter would ever wake up again?

 

          Zardac yelled in furry. His connection with his Nice was gone. He knew Hope had lost her healing creature. Gemini would not be happy.

          Aries and her sister entered the throne room. They flinched when they saw their master’s expression, after he’d turned to face them.

          “My Lord, what it wrong?” Charity asked stepping forward.

          “No sister!” Aries hissed, “That is not our business. What is thy bidding our master?” Aries knelt down bowing her head. Charity followed suit.

          “You two are to track down and bring before me Faith and Hope Moonstone.” Zardac ordered.

          “Hope, my lord?” Charity inquired. “Isn’t she one of us?”

          “Not anymore!” Zardac barked, glaring at Charity. “She has strayed and must be shown the way back to us. Now be gone and complete your mission.”

          Aries and Charity left the room quickly, not wishing to see Zardac in his angered state any longer. However, Charity left with a smug smile. Could she be one step closer to the power she craved?

 



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson