Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

Faith collapsed to the floor, shaking, tears flooding from her eyes. Darmacus knelt down next her.

          “Faith are you alright?” he asked.

          “Aries has fallen like in the great myths of my people,” she sobbed. She could remember what she must have seen. “She now follows the path of Gemini.”

          “Was Aries a friend of yours?”

          “Yes.”

          “I am sorry.”

          “Again, it is not your fault, Darmacus.” Faith said. “This was likely to happen, she’d been missing for weeks.” Faith stood up and looked at the console. “We are almost at our destination.”

          “Faith, please, sit down.” Darmacus said, “you should be in shock, in fact I would be happier if you did.”

          “Why?” Faith snapped her eyes flamed and her hair rippled, daring him to say something t insult her.

          “Because you’ve lost two friends and...” he trailed off.

          “And what?”

          “I’ve touched you. Twice. Plus there appear to be no ill effects from that upon you.”  he explained.

          Faith sat down. She was now unable to stand. She had been stunned by this news. She looked out the viewport. She shivered.

          “Faith?”

          “I don’t believe it.” she whispered. “The one we’ve been looking for is ...me.”

          “Faith, what are you talking about?” Darmacus inquired.

          “I could make our break this resistance.” she replied.

          “Faith, I still don’t understand.”

          In response Faith rolled up her sleeves to reveal her wrists. She put them out in front of herself. Darmacus looked at Faith’s wrists. His solid form then disintegrated into his natural form of darkness floating.

          “But that’s just a myth.” he hissed.

          “Apparently not.” Faith said. They were both looking at the marks on her wrists. One of the marks was the Gemini symbol of twins, one light and one dark, surrounded by a triangle. On the other, the Libra symbol, a simple point to point set of scales.

          “I...nobody...these are fresh.” Faith stuttered. “Maybe 12 hours and 20 minutes old. You must have unlocked a special gene or something.”

                   “Yeah. Maybe.” he agreed.

 

          Hope was stuck in her spacecraft, travelling at 3 times the speed of light. The journey was 50 parsecs. A 12 hour journey in her relatively slow craft. Why did Libra get the best technicians in the galaxy, she thought bitterly. Her console began peeping. She tapped a button in front of her.

          “Yes, Uncle.” she answered brightly.

          “How far out are you my sweet?” Zardac’s voice replied.

          “I’m about 10 parsecs away from Emerald.” she answered.

          “Good.” Zardac said. “Aries is one of us, and your mother knows.”

          “I still don’t understand why you did that.” Hope said.

          “I know.” Zardac said. “But I’m not going to tell you just yet.”

          “Please tell me.” Hope pleaded.

          “I can’t, if your mother were to find out the true extent of her gifts,” Zardac explained, “you and everyone else would be compromised. I am just trying to reduce the overall risk.”

          “But by showing her the conversion of her friend, you have endangered us all.” Hope countered her Uncle.

          “I do know that!” Zardac snapped at her.

          “Sorry, but you know what I’m like, I always point out the obvious.” Hope said.

          “That’s alright.” Zardac soothed. “I’ve got to go, I have to teach Loki a lesson he won’t soon forget. Contact me when you have your mother.”

          “Yes, Uncle, Hope out.” Hope tapped the console again.

         

          “Commander Fly,” a communications officer called, “Faith Moonstone is requesting permission to land.”

          “Well Lieutenant, grant it, she is one of ours.” a surly man with black eyes and white skin ordered.

          “Captain Moonstone, you have permission to land.” the lieutenant said, speaking into his head set.

          “Thank you, Lieutenant Quintessence, could you forward this data burst to the council of generals?” Faith asked.

          “Of course.” the Lieutenant answered. “What is it?”

          “Some vital intelligence, I can tell you no more than that.” Faith said.

 

          “Now, Darmacus,” Faith said, “I need you to take a solid form so you don’t get shot at.”

          “I was already thinking about that, even though their weapons cannot harm me.” Darmacus replied.

          “Oh yeah, I forgot about that.” Faith said, blushing.

          “How is this?” Darmacus asked as his form shifted into the form of a human mal with brown eyes and black hair wearing civilian clothes.

          “Perfect.” Faith answered blushing harder.

          The ship guttered as it landed. Faith and Darmacus walked to the entry ramp in silence. Faith lowered the ramp. They walked down it.

          “Faith Moonstone, you have been gone too long.” an elderly Quartz male said.

          “Grandfather, I’ve missed you so much!” she exclaimed running up to him to embrace him in a loving hug.

          “I missed you too young one. I missed you too.” he replied.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson