Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

Libra command centre �" Quartz Minor.

          The command centre rang with the ancient war cry o Libra, and flashed with red lights, giving the white interior a bloody tinge of red. Jeremirer Moonstone smiled at the data screens. The death rate was in the high 60% and rapidly approaching 70%. “Hope, you are not taking Faith without a fight.” He whispered to himself. “I will find her. You can’t stop me.”

          Jeremirer crossed his arms over his chest, a triumphant smile stretching across his lined and aging face. He watched the organised chaos within the war room. He enjoyed watching the continuous relay as information is passed from console to console. All this, Jeremirer thought to himself, all this I do, Faith I do it for you.

          “Emerald, Touchstone Major and Earth have been reclaimed Grand Leader Moonstone.” The tactical officer called over. “We still have not found Commander Moonstone.”

          “Continue the collective assault,” Jeremirer ordered, angry now, “we must find her. Darkness must not fall.”

          “Yes, sir.”

 

          Hope walked into the holding cells. Hope sensed the room was calm. For how much longer? She wondered. Faith was still in her cell. She was floating about an inch off of the metal bed within. Hope knew from her cross legged position and murmurs that her mother was deep into her meditation. Hope did not want to disturb her mother.

          “It is too late for that, my child.” Faith said clearly. Hope’s became wide with shock.

          “How did you know I was...”

          “In the doorway?” Faith interceded. “When I meditate my spirit spreads throughout my immediate surroundings. Humans call this ‘astral projection’. When I do this I become as one with my surroundings and can feel everything that is going on around me. That is how I knew.”

          “Wow.”

          “I assume you have come with news.” Faith stated opening her green eyes.

          “Yes.”

          “Good or bad?”

          “Depends on your point of view.” Hope said, “But from my point of view it is bad news.”

          “Hope, please...” Faith turned her head to look at her daughter and gasped in shock and horror.

          “What?” Hope asked worried by the way her mother was looking at her.

          “Your eyes, they...they’re glassy.” Faith stammered. “They were not like that Quartz.”

          “Our planet supports us and we it. It healed m sight until we left.” Hope explained.

          “How long have you been blind?” Faith inquired holding the bars she had moved up to.

          “Ten years ago, Libra blew up a building that was under attack. I was running toward that building before it blew.” Hope explained. “I was with a battalion. 50 men and women, my friends,” a tear rolled down Hope’s left cheek as the blue trees flashed in her memory. “The building blew up, I took some flaming debris in the eyes. The last thing I saw the colour red before everything went black.

          “I woke up 5 weeks later, Uncle Zardac holding my hand whispering soothing words in my ear. I remember the panic and the fear, followed by determination to not be held back.” Hope finished.

          “But you act like you can see.” Faith stated. “How?”

          “My ability to sense and emit electronic currents.” Hope replied. “It’s like electronic sonar.” Faith reached through the bars toward Hope. “But mother, we have gotten side tracked. We have been diverted to base 6 because Gemini is under attack.” Faith’s eyes widened, fear and shock evidenced upon her face.

 

          “Zardac we have to go! Now!” Loki yelled over the sound of falling rocks.

          “Is everyone out?” Zardac asked, concern in his eyes for the first time in years.

          “Yes, we are the only people left.” Loki replied, desperate and anxious to leave.

          “Then we can go.” Zardac stated hitting ‘enter’ on a console.

          “Auto-destruct initiated. 10 minutes to auto-destruct.” A computerised voice announced as every corridor and chamber with the base flashed red. “We might want to run.” Zardac suggested. Loki did not need to be told twice, so both sprinted out of the communications centre toward the hanger bay. Within the hanger bay only one ship remained. Zardac’s ship.

          Zardac stopped ten paces from his ship and stared at it. His medium sized d-type Bazine. The chrome hulled ship he had fixed using scrap. His ship. His baby.

          He boarded after Loki, and followed him to the cockpit. They took their seats, Zardac taking up the pilot’s seat. He booted up all of his ships systems and took off.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on December 7, 2016
Last Updated on December 7, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson