Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

Three hours earlier. Gemini base five.

          “Master, why don’t you just killer the prisoner?” a small, scared, mousey boy asked in a small voice. The question was posed to his tall, handsome master. Zardac turned to face his scrawny friend. His eyes blazing dangerously.

          “Because she is more useful to us alive, you moron.” Zardac replied. “And why, Loki, am I explaining myself to you?”

          “I am sorry,” Loki replied visibly shrinking. “I won’t pry again...”

          “Don’t,” Zardac interrupted, “make a promise that you cannot keep, my friend.” Loki just nodded. There was a loud scream. It made Loki flinched. Zardac laughed maliciously, entertained by Loki’s reaction. Loki  glared at the floor, too scared to look at his master.

          “You’ve always been fearful Loki,” Zardac stated grinning, “that is why you will always be my right hand man. You’re always too scared to ever over-throw me.” Loki ground his teeth together.

          “Not that you could.” Zardac continued pacing in the large, empty, circular, stone room. “You are not strong enough, let alone smart enough.” Loki kicked the dusty floor. Zardac laughed again, and was interrupt by another, louder bloodcurdling scream. Zardac cried out in rage. Sending bolts of red lightning that brought large pieces of ceiling down around him. Then he aggressively thumbed his communicator on and growled, “Hope, shut that damned prisoner up! I’m trying to work here!” into it.

           “I’m on it.” came the sinister, musical reply.

 

Present day�"Emerald.

          Even in the green, dappled light that was penetrating down through the canopy, it was clear that Faith, Darmacus and Charity had walked into a trap.

          “I mean how could they?!” Charity was raging, loudly, not looking at the others who were at her side. “I mean why would they?”

          “That’s it!” Faith yelled. “Shut up! Do you want them to hear us?”

          “That’s a bit rich coming from the one person who is yelling.” Charity bit back, still not looking at Faith or Darmacus. This did nothing to temper anyone’s anger, or impatience.

          “Please Charity,” Faith begged, “look me in the eye, don’t turn away, we need to...”

          “...to make a plan to steal our ship back.” Charity interrupted.  “Who are you kidding Faith, we are out- numbered. 5 to 1 at least. I don’t like those odds.” she still had her back turned away from Faith.

          “Why?” Faith asked. “I know we can take them.”

          “Who ever said Charity’s worried about us?” Darmacus chimed in.

          “What are you saying, Wraith?” Charity challenged aggressively. “That you don’t trust me?” she turned to face them.

          “By the gods, Charity!” Faith exclaimed in both shock and betrayal. “How long have you ... have you ...” Faith could not finish her question. The Wraith changed to a solid form and tentatively place a hand on Faith’s shoulder. Her right arm tingled. Nothing more.

          “I’ve been in Gemini all my life.” Charity replied. “Now I have a question for you my friend. In these eyes you used to see friendship, what do you see now?”

          Faith was too stunned to answer, tears streaking down her pale blue face.

          “Why?” Faith eventually croaked.

          “Because it is fun.”

          Faith had gone numb with betrayal, shock and anger, but through the haze that these emotions cast, her mind began to come to terms with this shocking series of events that changed everything. Her anger began to overwhelm her every thought. She could not control it.

          “Darmacus, step back, I have no desire to harm you, unless you have lied to me too.” Faith warned Darmacus under her breath. Darmacus stepped back and removed his hand.

          “Well, what do you see in my eyes Faith?” Charity asked again.

          Faith looked into the eyes of her former friend. “Within your eyes I see nothing but evil pleasure.” Faith replied annoyed. “Traitor!”

          The G.A.s at the ship finally took notice, and turned in the direction of Faith’s yell and ran towards it.

          “No!” Charity ordered raising a hand to stop her troops advancing. But they did not listen.

          Faith turned to flame.

          “Crap!” Charity breathed aggressively.

          “You picked to wrong day to piss me off.” Faith said.

          A semi-circular shockwave rippled, powerfully through the trees, knocking Charity and her associates out laying on the freshly scorched earth, scarred.

          “I’m sorry.” Faith said stepping over her old friend. Darmacus followed.

          Faith ran up to the ship, and up the boarding ramp, straight into the cockpit. It was a square room at the front of the ship that could hold no more than five people in it.

          Darmacus glided in. He was in the form of a very handsome human with green eyes and black hair, cropped short and neat.

          “I’m taking you to Quartz Minor,” Faith explained. “The generals will want to hear what happened. Plus any in-tell that you might have from Gemini. I will inform them on the way.”

          “How long will the journey take?”

          “12 hours at least. Longer if Gemini get our sent. Which is very likely.” Faith turned the consoles of the ship on. The cockpit shone golden. Faith sat in the pilot’s seat and sighed.

          “Faith, I’m sorry about your friend being a traitor.” Darmacus said taking the seat next to Faith.

          “It was not your fault. You have no need to apologise.” Faith replied.

 



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson