Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

“Look Darmacus, you could not have hoped for a better reception,” Faith said consolingly. “I believe you as do the elders, they are just scared of you.”

          “Yeah, just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry in this galaxy.” Darmacus agreed, savagely.

          “Don’t be like that,” Faith said, “they do not know you or understand your kind, and they fear you because of that. Do not let that make you appear to hate them because then they would begin to fear you more. Give them no reason to fear you and they will soon, trust you as I do.”

          “But Faith, your grandfather has told me that you fear nothing, and trust very quickly. That is something that could get you killed.” Darmacus said. “I think they are right to not trust quickly.”

          “So now I’m weak am I?” Faith yelled. “Get out!”

          “Faith I did not mean it like that.” Darmacus said in desperation.

          “Get out Darmacus!” Faith yelled.

          “Please Faith...”

          “Now!” Darmacus left for his living quarters. Faith was alone. She looked around her quarters. They were exactly the same way that they were before she had left. Her desk was by a large window, that had the four  suns last rays shedding light upon the desk. On her desk were pens and paper and her data-sheet. This was updated weekly with news. Her walls were covered with shelves that held mostly books, but one wall was taken by tributes to 11 of the 12 gods she worshipped, the most prominent was the one she served. Libra.

          In the centre of the room was her bed. It was white and nothing special.

          Faith walked over to her bed and sat on it. She growled in frustration, and laid down, her feet on the floor.

          “Faith Moonstone,” an echo of a voice said, “we are coming for you.”

          “What?” Faith whispered, startled, sitting up straight and looking round her room in alarm. “Who are you? Where are you? Reveal yourself, I command you.”

          There was a knock on Faith’s door. She quickly turned her head to stare at it. “Who’s there?” she called.

          “Faith, it’s me, Sam. Please open up. Sam’s reply came through the door.

          “Sam please go away,” Faith said, “I need to be on my own right now.”

          “Please Faith, I must talk with you.” Sam insisted. “I won’t leave until you consent.”

          “Fine, but make it fast.” Faith said getting to her feet, walking to her door and opening it.

          “Thank you.” Sam said, a grin spreading across his face.

          “What?”

          “Faith,” he said, taking a deep breath, “while you were gone something happened to me, that I feel you must know.

          “The elders gave me a mission; I can’t tell where, why or when, that is classified. But while I was there I discovered an airborne agent. When I started to show symptoms I came straight back here.

          “The doctors ran test after test, attempting to find a cure, while I writhed and screamed in pain. Three weeks past and the doctors found out what the cotangent was. It was a retrovirus designed to change anything into, well we don’t know yet.

          “But you know what, since the pain stopped I have never felt better. It has enhanced all the good stuff about me.

          “Faith what I am trying to say is, I felt great relief to see you alive and well. I love you, Faith.” he stepped closer to her. Faith backed away.

          “Well there goes three minutes of my life I won’t get back.” Faith said. “Maybe if you had said that 19 years ago our daughter would still be here and we might still be together. But instead you cheated on me, with a crustacean from Kyanite. Get out! You are not getting a second chance!”



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson