Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson

“Are the restraints really necessary? She is really a good girl.” Faith protested.

          “I’m sorry, but until she gives any reason to trust her we must restrain her.” The bottle headed nurse said.

          “Like what Alpha 20-12-4?” Faith asked.

          “Good intell.” Alpha 20-12-4 replied.

          “You are being lied to!” Hope screamed. The room fell silent.

          “Computer is she telling the truth?” Alpha 20-12-4 asked out loud.

          “Yes.” The computer relied.

          “How dare you mistrust my daughter, clone!” Faith exclaimed.

          “She works for Gemini!” Alpha defended.

          “Who is deceiving us?” Faith asked Hope.

          “Father.” Hope said simply.

          “Truth.” The computer stated.

          “What?” Faith said.

          “He is not here.” Hope said, closing her eyes. “It’s an imposter.”

          “No! Hope you must be telling a lie.” Faith screamed in agony.

          “No, Faith, Hope is telling the truth.” The nurse said.

          “Why do you doubt me mother?” Hope asked, smiling maliciously.

          “I... I...” Faith stuttered in response.

          “Have I given you cause to doubt me?”

          “Yes, Hope, you have.” Faith replied, tears rolling down her cheeks. “You left. Not only that, you became a member of the opposition. So I’m sorry if I don’t believe you, so if I can’t believe you, because of your past. And you know what kills me most?” Hope shuck her head, unable to give a verbal response. “You could not tell me why? Probably still won’t tell me why?” Faith fell to her knees, hands over her eyes, crying in defeat, anger, betrayal and sadness.

          “Your brother is not dead.” Hope said after a while of listening to her mother’s sobs. She looked up. The room was silent.

          “What?” Faith whispered.

          “My Uncle, your brother, still lives.” Hope said with a sigh. “I found out and thought, hoped, that I could save him, and reunite you with him. It was foolish, I know now that he can’t be saved, and that I instead, cost Libra many setbacks. Mother, I am truly sorry and can understand if you lose all faith in me.” Faith stood up, staring at her daughter, stunned, hurt and disbelieving. She turned and walked from the room.

          “Tell me if anything changes, Alpha.” Faith called back, her hair flowing behind her.

          “Mother, please,” Hope pleaded, straining against the restraints, to sit up. Tears began to roll down her face. “forgive me.”

          Alpha set about healing Hope’s wounds.

 

          “I mean, Sam, she does seem sincere, but all machines can be fooled.” Faith said, pacing up and down Sam’s quarters, which were very sparsely decorated.

          “She’s our daughter.” Sam, reasoned, placing a hand on each of Faith’s shoulders. They gazed into each other’s eyes.

          “I know.” Faith said, bowing her head.

          “Faith you know there is something different.” A strange, disembodied voice whispered. “You know there is something wrong. Could Hope be right?” Faith looked up into Sam’s face.

          “What’s wrong? You look doubtful.” Sam said, smiling kindly.

          “I just have a huge, nagging sensation that something is wrong.” Faith said. “That Hope might be telling the truth.” Faith finished in time with the disembodied voice. Her eyes also flashed firstly green the red. Sam dropped his hands as there was a knock at the door.

          “Enter.” Sam called backing away from Faith. Alpha ran in. She was panicked. Her bold head was creased in worry.

          “Alpha?” Faith said.

          “She’s thrashing and crying out in agony.” Alpha said, addressing only Faith. “I have never seen anything like it.”

          “Go, I’ll be right behind you.” Faith said, voice braking with concern.

          Alpha, Faith and Sam raced out into the hallway. They ran down one long corridor after another. Darmarcus had begun to follow after them when he had seen them rushing past him in their hurry.

          Alpha ran into the isolation room and to Hope’s side. Faith stopped in the doorway. Sam slammed into Faith and yelled on pain as Darmacus flowed through him. Faith gave no reaction as the Wraith passed through her.

          Faith’s eyes were locked with horror on her child, screaming in pain.



© 2016 Chloe Hickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Chloe Hickson
Chloe Hickson

Bexhill-On-Sea, East sussex, United Kingdom



About
Also on Wattpad as chloe hickson5 will publish original works on both sites. Student who writes to relax and wants to share ideas more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chloe Hickson