Chapter 7:Double Vision

Chapter 7:Double Vision

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

"Where are you going?" I heard Danny's voice from behind me as I was hurrying through dancing, drunk teenagers. I turned around and he came closer and started kissing me. He tugged on my wrist, motioning for me to go upstairs again.
"Danny, I have to go. Please. It's important." I lied. This wasn't all that important; I already know the whole story.
"Don't go yet. We have some unfinished business, little missy." He snarled with an evil-looking smile
"Get off of me. Now." I commanded him. "Please."
He got closer to me. Close enough that I could smell the beer that went down his throat 5 minutes ago. "Listen, b*tch." He snapped. "Do you want the money or not?"
"No. I don't." I said and raised my knee for the second time that night. It went right in the area that it was meant to go.
"Son of a b*tch!" He groaned and fell to the floor.
I ran off to my - errh, Ashley's - car. I sat down, started the car and drove away as fast as I could. I looked back once and laughed at what I saw.
Danny was running across the lawn limping while holding his crotch.


"Oh, honey. I'm so relieved to have you here." My mom said and brought me into a quick hug.
I tried to remember her ever hugging me. Well, Cassandra, anyway.
"Oh, mommy." I tried to sound like my dead sister. "Where did Cassandra go?" I faked being worried. "I'm so scared." I willed myself to cry. I just thought of earlier when Danny held my wrists. I imagined his long fingers clamped around my wrists. It worked.
She hugged me again. She wasn't crying. Was I invisible to my parents, too?
"Come here." She pulled me by my hand into the living room, where 2 policemen were sitting on the couch with a tense looks on their faces.
sh*t. She really did call the police.
I sat down on the couch across from them, still making the tears fall over my bottom eyelids. They kind of just came out without will now. I really was nervous, but not for the reasons I was supposed to be.
She was my sister. I killed my sister. She's dead.
What if I get caught? I'll be sent off to jail for my whole life. I murdered my own sister. My own bloodline.
But the question was: was that the right thing to do? For me at least?
I was snapped out of my thoughts by the police clearing his throat.
His name tag read "J Wilson."
"Do you have any knowledge as to where your sister is?"
'She's dead.' I thought it, but didn't dare to say it.
"Uhh." I sat there like a dummy, just staring in his eyes. The tears rolled down my cheeks silently. Oh right. Answer, Cassandra. Answer. "No." I choked out, surprised at the tone of voice I used. It sounded raspy.
"Where did you see her last?" He went on with his eyes pleading for an answer.
'Lying on the floor with blood pouring out of her back.' I thought to myself.
"At school." I lied with the same raspy voice.
"Are you sure? You didn't see her after school or anything?" He questioned. I felt like I was being questioned for murder. Oh wait. I was.
I felt a coating of sweat form above my upper lip. I couldn't pick up my hand to wipe it off. I turned my head down to look at it. It was just sitting there, limp on my lap.
"Y-yes, I'm sure." I finally was able to wipe the sweat off.
Did they notice the sweat pouring out of my forehead? Soaking the roots of my hair? If they did, did they think anything of it?
His eyes narrowed slightly. "You're sure." He went on.
"Positive." I watched as his over-bushy eyebrows came together in suspicion.
'He really needs a eyebrow wax.' I thought to myself. My fingers flew up to my eyebrows. Did I? Did they look close enough to Ashley's? Hers were always perfect, of course. Were mine? My hand fell back on my lap.
"Okay." His hands folded together on his own lap. I looked at the other officer. He was scribbling down notes down on his notebook. I wondered silently if any of those said 'looks suspicious.' I prayed to God that there wasn't a note anywhere close to those lines.
Officer Wilson stood up. So did the other officer.
"We will be back with more information as soon as we get more." He stated. He looked bored, but also concerned. I noticed how he watched me closely. I looked down at the floor.
My mom walked them to the door and I heard muffled voices. Concerned voices.
Quickly, I ran up to my -correction, Ashley's- room without breathing. I closed the door silently behind me and let the breath escape my clamped lips.
There was a feeling inside of me. Was it regret? Was it happiness? Relief maybe? Nervousness? Possibly. I considered my choices and came up with one conclusion.
All of the above.


© 2011 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee