Chapter 17: Double Vision

Chapter 17: Double Vision

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

No, I couldn't kill her. Could I? No, I couldn't. What if this whole thing turned into a chain reaction? I would kill Emma, and kill someone else to cover up her death, and then kill someone else to cover up their death…
My head pounded. This was all too much to bear.
"Um, I have to go." I said, getting up and fumbling for my purse.
"Why the sudden exit… Ashley?" Emma's eyes contained pure duplicity.
"I gotta go… do some homework, 'kay, bye!" I said as I rushed out of Starbucks.
I heard high heels clacking after me and then nails digging into my shoulders. I screamed and turned around to face Emma.
"What's gotten into you?" Emma said, looking confused.
"W-what do you mean?"
"You've been awfully weird lately. And you didn't come over to Jenna's last night. You know… the thing we've been planning for weeks. It's weird for you to forget, Ashley. You don't forget these kinds of things."
"I've just got a lot of my mind. My sister's gone missing--"
"Shut the f**k up," said Emma, "You never liked her. Now spill the details."
I was pissed by this point, not scared. I gritted my teeth and slowly said, "There are no details to be spilled." I pushed her off of me and ran to my car as fast as I could.
The sight that I was greeted with when I got home nearly sent me into cardiac arrest. Breathing heavily, I slowly stepped out of the car. There were police cars everywhere and neighbors gathered around, trying to witness what was going on. There were yellow "do not cross: crime scene" tapes all around the house. I felt a rough hand on my back and turned around to see a cop. Tear spilled out of my eyes.
"What's going on?!" I yelped.
My mom came out of the house with bloodshot eyes.
"They found your sister." she said, her voice cracking.


© 2011 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I need to find out what happens! Reading on...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee