Chapter 20: Double Vision

Chapter 20: Double Vision

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

"...Cassandra?" my mother asked, in a soft voice.
I nodded, feeling ashamed. This was it. I was caught.
"Cassandra... Cassandra?!" my mother shouted, in a sudden change of mood.
I didn't know how I felt. One moment she was sweet, soft, subtle. The next moment her voice became cold and hard. Was she angry that I killed precious Ashley? Did she hate me for killing her perfect daughter?
"M-mom! I can explain! It was just that-"
"Cassandra. You can explain all of this back in the police station, where you'll be taken now." Officer Wilson sternly said.
I felt myself shake, as two pairs of strong hands gripped under my armpits, and carry me. The lightly slammed me against the side of the police car door, and cuff both of my wrists.
I blinked several times, as tears were coming out, and not stopping.
"I'm sorry, Cassandra. I had to do it." the voice said.
I grunted, and shouted. "This is all your fault!"
"Cassandra, please remain quiet while we take you back to the station." another officer said, throwing me in the back of the police car.
I bit my lip, and knew I would be in deep sh*t. I've never gotten in such big trouble before.
---
"So, you admit that you did it?" Officer Reynolds' asked me.
I hesitated, but I slowly nodded. I was trapped in a dark room, with one light flashed on my face.
"Why? Cassandra, why?" he asked, slamming his fists on the old, wooden table.
"Ashley. Ashley was perfect. I wanted everything she had. I was always known as the shadow of her. What did she have that I didn't?! We both looked alike..." I muttered, with mixed emotions running across my mind.
Officer Reynolds' sighed heavily, as a scent of coffee filled my nostrils.
"It was a stupid mistake, Cassandra. We're going to talk to the other officers, and we're going to have to put you up for court. And from then on, they'll be the ones to decide your punishment. As if for now, you're going to be put in juvenile detention until your court date. We've recommended a therapist for you to your mother... but it'll be her decision." Officer Reynolds' said, shaking his head.
There wasn't anything else I could do except to nod my head.
"Before we put you in your cell, there's someone who wants to see you." Officer Reynolds' sighed, opening the door.
My heart was beating as the shadow casted through the door. Who was it?



© 2011 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee