Chapter 10: Double Vision

Chapter 10: Double Vision

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

             I went downstairs and looked around. No one was down there. There was a note on the table.
"Left to get eggs and milk for cake. Be back soon. Love, mom."
I ripped up the note and threw it in the trash.
'Cassandra' was missing. Well at least in their eyes, she was. But this is how they treat it? Make a cake like some sort of party? Okay, so I knew I wasn't as loved as Ashley was. But I didn't know I was that unloved.
I ran up to my room and looked around once again at the destruction. I didn't feel like cleaning it all up. Maybe I could lie. I could tell my parents that I was upset about Cassandra and messed up my room. Maybe they'd clean it up for me.
I shook my head at the idea. It would keep my mind occupied.
I found a broom and started sweeping up the glass. I heard a voice.
"You're doing the wrong thing!" It was almost like a scream.
"Who are you? Where are you?" I shouted to the voice.
"Come clean. You don't deserve to live, Cassandra. And if you don't come clean, I'll do it for you."

I ran out the door and down the street. Maybe a walk would be good for me. I might not hear the voice.
"You thought you could get away from me." The voice said so quietly that it was almost a whisper. They chuckled to themselves.
I whirled around. No one was there.
I kept up my walk. I heard a loud breath like someone would do on a prank call.
That walk eventually turned into a run. I ran across the street, not caring if someone would run me over. Maybe it would be good for me. No one would have to worry about me. I wouldn't be questioned. I wouldn't hear these voices.
I shook my head at the idea and kept running. I eventually came to a forest. No voices.
"I'm still here." I heard. Okay, so I guess there were voices.
I turned around and looked.
"Hello!?" I called out into the abandoned forest. "Hello?" I repeated.
"It's just you and me." I tried to recognize the voice.
Did it sound like my neighbor, Angela. I thought about Angela. She was always home. She was a young lady, maybe in her early forties or something. I didn't remember ever hearing of any family members. Not even a husband. She just stayed in the house.
A sickening thought entered my mind.
Did she see what I did?



© 2011 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee