Chapter 16: Double Vision

Chapter 16: Double Vision

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

 "So, tell me why you couldn't drive your car to school today? You always do." Tara asked, as I was in her yellow punch buggy, driving to school.
"Uh, my mom is borrowing mine today. And there was no way in hell I'm borrowing Cassandra's ugly, old Jeep." I said, rolling my eyes. It was a pretty good lie. I couldn't tell her that I didn't want to ride with Emma, she would start asking me questions.
"Right. When was that ugly thing made anyway? 1950's?" Tara sneered, as we pulled up in the school parking lot.
"Yeah, and it smells horrible. Just like Cassandra." I teased back.
"Alright, see you later." Tara said giving me a hug, and letting me go off to my classes.
---
After school, I tried to sneak out earlier just to ditch Emma today. I wasn't looking forward to having coffee with her, especially since I bet she knew something was up. But, just as I was about to go run off to my house, Emma suddenly appeared with a wide smile on her face.
"Ash! Hey! I was looking for you everywhere!" Emma smiled.
Her surprise made me jump, but I tried to hide my nervousness with a fake smile. "Hi Emma."
"Now, let's go get that cappuccino. My treat." she beamed, pulling my arm to her car.
I took a seat in the passenger seat, trying to control myself from shaking.
We pulled up to the corner of Starbuck's, and we went inside. We both ordered iced cappuccinos- which I thought was disgusting. I don't know how Ashley likes these things.
"So, what's new, Ashley?" Emma smiled, taking a big sip of her drink.
I stirred my cappuccino, and smiled.
"Nothing. I'm totally excited for the new Chanel bag coming out next week." I said, remembering Tara blabbing about it on the phone.
"Really? Nothing else? Not that the Chanel bag isn't great or anything, it's really cute. I saw the pictures online."
I bit my lip. What did she mean by Nothing else?. I started getting nervous, and I could feel the bits of sweat trickling down my back, and goose bumps starting to form on my arms.
"No, nothing else. And yes, it was cute." I said, shaking my leg up and down rapidly.
"That's great. You know, I haven't seen Cassandra around lately, have you?" Emma asked, with her fake smile growing wider by the second.
"O-oh. Cassandra? She's gone m-missing." I hesitated.
She raised an eyebrow. "Missing? Funny. I haven't seen it on the news yet."
"We wanted to keep it private." I said, ashamed. I knew my mother would never love me enough to put me on the news.
"Really? Oh. Well, that's sad. I actually liked Cassandra. Sucks that she made some mistakes that totally ruined her life. Whatever. She's in a better place now." Emma smirked, saying things slowly.
My heart was racing, and I could hear it thumping. She definitely knew something was up.
What was I going to do?
I couldn't kill her, too? Could I?


© 2011 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha. Seems very suspicious like Emma really knows something.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee