First Encounter

First Encounter

A Chapter by Shley De
"

Again...enjoy?

"
 

      Alexiana stood baffled amidst the cemetery. The night air was warm around her and a light fog hovered over the dull grass. Moonlight set a white beam across the headstones in rows around her. Before her a boy stood, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he looked down upon a grave. His small fist were clenched tightly at his side. Alexiana reached for him but her hands merely passed through him.

 

     “Mother...” he whispered silently.

      The sky grew dark as the scene around her melted away into an abyss. The boy stood in front of her, the only thing in the darkness. His smile was forced as her looked Alexiana in the eyes. Her blue eyes clung to his hazel ones as he advanced.

      “The fire was so bright,” he spoke.

       A fire started around them, flames licking at her peach sundress. The heat was unbearable as she listened to the boy.

     “I ran through the house, but I couldn't see through the smoke...”

 

      A burning building appeared and Alexiana found her self standing in it, smoke blinding her. She could here the small shouts of a boy searching for his mother. As Alexiana stood there, a smaller version of the boy ran passed. He was covered in soot and his hazel eyes were frantic.

     “Mom!” he shouted between coughs.

     A older man came into the room and picked up the boy who began to kick and scream.

    “Mom! Mom!” he screamed, tears falling from his eyes.

 

      The scene melted away, leaving Alexiana in the darkness again with the boy. He looked away, tears falling from his eyes.

     “My mother never came out of that house...” he whispered.

     Alexiana held back tears. This strangers pain struck her hard. She couldn't imagine how he could tell the story so casually.

     “What is your name...?” she asked, slowly walking towards the boy.

     “My name is Nikolae.” he stared at her as if he didn't notice her before.

 

     She reached out at him again, only to have her hand pass through him like smoke. His eyes glazed over as the cemetery returned. They were in front of a new grave, a small stone building. Nikolae opened the doors and walked down a stair case. With slight hesitation, Alexiana followed. Their footsteps echoed around them as they reached the end. Nikolae touched the coffin and more tears began to fill his eyes. Alexiana watched as this scene, too, disappeared and brought her back to the darkness. The boy began to speak again.

 

     “My father was too weak...”

      A tall figure appeared between the children. His eyes are a crimson red, the rest of him a silhouette. She stared at the shadow, fear running through her veins.

      Nikolae continued, “He couldn't take them...”

      More silhouettes appeared in the distance. They all shared they same crimson eyes.

     “Vaccus,” one of the shadows called out, “Dear brother, you thought you could escape us.”

     Vaccus turned to the gang of figures, “I am not afraid of you, Vlad.”

     Laughter emitted from all around and Vlad advanced, “There is no need to be afraid. We have come to ask you to come back with us.”

     Vaccus shook his head, “I refuse. I want no part of what you are after.”

    “Just kill him, now,” a woman's voice called.

    “Calm yourself, Linix,” Vlad said, “Now, brother, you must remember who you are as well.”

    “You're one of us!” another woman called.

    “Someraella is right,” Vlad smirked, “Join us once more.”

 

    Alexiana stood watching Vaccus's hesitation. She didn't like this vision at all. The sight of all these shadows frightened her. Vlad, the name echoed in her mind. She glared towards the evil man, wishing she could run, but finding she was unable. Her body was frozen in place.

     “No,” Vaccus's voice boomed.

     “Very well then...Cypris, Severen- go and set his house aflame, please,” Vlad ordered.

     Two of the shadows disappeared and Vaccus tried to run. One shadow blocked his way.

     “Out of my way, Aurellius,” Vaccus spat.

 

     The shadow didn't move. Instead it attacked Vaccus. Soon all of the silhouettes were fighting, and Alexiana couldn't peel her blue eyes away. She watched in horror as Vlad and the others killed Vaccus. Then the shadows melted away, bringing Alexiana's focus back on Nikolae..

     “I am an orphan now...” he whispered, looking at the ground.

      The cemetery faded back into view as she let tears run down her cheeks. She cried for Nikolae, cried for his mother, and cried for the death of Vaccus.

      “Little sister, don't cry for me or my past. Instead smile for your present and your future.”

      Alexiana looked up at him. Little sister, she thought to herself and smiled. Everything went black

 

     Alexiana opened her eyes. The brightness of the sun shining through her window blinded her as she sat up.

    “Just a dream...” she whispered, removing her blanket.

     Walking to the window she looked outside and saw the distant cemetery. Her dream swam around her conscience mind as she stood there.

    “Nikolae...” the name escaped from her lips, “Who was that boy?”



© 2010 Shley De


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Shley De
Shley De

Hope Valley, RI



About
Universal Love! Treat everyone with dignity and respect. Care for others and make a difference in the world. Everyone deserves kindness. Be true to yourself and live life to the fullest. more..

Writing
Stitches Stitches

A Poem by Shley De