Cornered

Cornered

A Chapter by Shley De

 

      Alexiana fell to the ground of the cave, hitting hard against the pavement as Aurellius tossed her. Her knees scraped on impact, but she ignored the pain. Instead she stared up at this demon who had taken her from her home. His yellow eyes were looking down at her intently. Guilt, she thought. His eyes were filled with guilt.

      “Stand,” he commanded, his voice echoing in the cave.

      Alexiana did so, wincing as she put pressure on her injured knees. Blood was trailing down her leg as she held herself against the walls of the cave. Aurellius advanced her, his arm reaching out for her. Alexiana hesitated before taking it, and he led her deeper into the cave.

      “You don't want to hurt me, do you?” she asked him, her voice sounded louder than it was.

      He looked at her, “What are you talking about, kid?”

      She smiled, tightening her grip on his hand, “You remind me of someone I loved...”

      He paused, looking into her blue eyes. She was staring at him with admiration. Footsteps echoed around them as a figure came closer.

      “You better hurry. Master isn't the patient type,” Linix cooed.

      Alexiana stared as the blind-eyed beauty smiled at her. Fear coursed through her body.

      “What happened to my family...?” she squeaked.

      Linix took her other hand and led them down the cavern. She smiled ahead, laughing to herself as if she heard a joke.

      “Your family is fine, they've still got company.” she sighed magically.

      Alexiana sighed, her heart sinking. Why won't they leave my family alone...? The cave became darker as they receded farther and farther into it. Alexiana grew worried as the two demons led her somewhere unknown to her. Linix's grasp on her hand made Alexiana nervous. He leaned to Aurellius, feeling a little safer. This demon had a familiarity about him that made her feel as if she could trust him. Finally, after much strained walking, they made it to an opening to the tunnel. A flame illuminated the opening. Within the depths of the cave was a shrine. A black box with multiple chains sat upon it, surrounded by millions of candles.

 

      “Well, kid,” Aurellius let go of her hand and gulped, “Good luck here...”

      Linix giggled, letting go of her hand as well, and walking off with him, “Hope to see you around, kid.”

      The two Sinners disappeared, leaving Alexiana alone. Feeling lost, she walked around the space. The black box caught her attention. She walked towards it, wondering what was hidden inside. The candles warmed her hand, as she reached out for the lock.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you,” a voice warned her.

      Startled she pulled her hand back and turned around. A tall man in a trench coat and hat stood before her, his dark brown eyes staring intently at her. When the man with the hat returns...run. The words from her dream swam through her mind and she began to panic. Her blue eyes trailed the cave, but the only exit was behind this man.

      “Alexiana,” the man walked over removing his hat.

      He had sleek, black hair and her heart froze. She realized his eyes weren't a dark brown, but were black. He took off the trench coat, reveling a muscular chest and arms. His skin was pale against his black jeans.

      “Vlad...” her voice choked.

      She tried to run but he blocked her way; there was no escape. Vladimir advanced her and she backed up, not wanting him anywhere near her.

      “Dear child, why do you shy away?” he smiled, “I'm not going to harm you...quite the opposite, actually.”

      Alexiana shook her head, “You lie. Leave me alone.”

      Vladimir laughed at her, a glint of amusement in his black eyes. Nothing about him was inviting and she found herself on the verge of tears.

      “So, tell me,” he cornered her against a wall, “Did you like your sister's...transformation?”

      She glared at him as he continued, “You can't escape me, Alexiana. You belong to me as much as your sister does...it is your fate.”



© 2010 Shley De


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on July 25, 2010
Last Updated on July 25, 2010


Author

Shley De
Shley De

Hope Valley, RI



About
Universal Love! Treat everyone with dignity and respect. Care for others and make a difference in the world. Everyone deserves kindness. Be true to yourself and live life to the fullest. more..

Writing
Stitches Stitches

A Poem by Shley De