1: Cat that loves cookies

1: Cat that loves cookies

A Chapter by Mikhaela M.

Seen this one, seen that one.

I hate this, I've read every stories that I could in this application that I downloaded from the app store. Spooky Tales was the application's name but the stories were not even scary or spooky or even creepy. It all ended with the main character dying, killed by the possessed doll, the clown, the scarecrow or whatever scary things or people portraying the main villain in every other horror movies. Oh please, can't there be any other ending? Those were just so cliché.

Standing up from the couch in our living room where I spent my day most of the time, my eyes caught the small clock on the coffee table in front of me. It was 9:45 in the evening and my parents were still not home. It was my graduation day, I will soon turn to a college student. And... my parents didn't even show up in my graduation. No, I mean, they did show up but they didn't even stay until the end of the event.

Ouch. Yeah, that hurt me.

It was my graduation but they didn't stay. Well, but I knew there was a reason behind it except the fact that I did not get any honor rewards. I'm not that smart, I'm just an average teenager.

As I was saying, there was a reason behind it. Robin, my step father, texted me later on after the graduation that my stupid hell of a stepbrother got on a car accident. Maybe he was too drunk with his friends that they got on an accident, again. Oh wait, that was actually the real reason, he rode his friend's car while the driver, one of his drunk friends drove the car.

This was his third time. I don't know-- or we don't know why because after his real mother disappeared he just went to bars, clubs or his friends' house to drink theirselves to sleep.

Actually my parents got married two years ago, and I was just raised by one parent which is my mom because my father abandoned us two when he knew that my mom was carrying me inside her tummy. Then when I was given birth she raised me all by herself until she met Robin at a mall--that's what she told me--and dated for months, got to know each other and boom. One day I just got home from school, saw boxes in our garage and two pairs of shoes laying on our porch. Got in and was surprised by my mom giving some guy I don't even know a peck on the lips. The two were surprised by my grand entrance with a flustering light as my background since it was sunset, my mom became so red because she knew that it was my first time seeing her kiss somebody right on the lips. And it was just so awkward. Robin then introduced himself to me and reached his right hand out at me, offering a hand shake but I didn't accept it. Of course, I didn't know him that time. He then cleared his throat as if giving my mom a sign to do something, mom then introduced him to me even though he already did then... then she said it. She said that they will get married in two days.

As a daughter, of course I was too shocked that I even swore in front them. I was even sure that while I was saying those words there was also spit coming out from my mouth. And right at that moment, Russel walked in the scene, seeing me speak and spit at the same time. For sure he saw the spit coming out.

I was glad they didn't react at it even though some obviously landed on the wooden floor.

I swear the world stopped for a minute until I heard our entrance door being shut by Russel, the obviously grumpy Russel, he just walked out without any respect for us.

Then the rest is history, my mom just told the entire ''Russel's real mom's death'' issue to me when we had a girly date that year.

That's how the four of us met, I know I shouldn't tell you this sort of things but it was just a funny memory.

Bringing me back in reality, my phone rang inside the pocket of my shorts. I pulled it out and pressed the answer key button.

"Hey mom." I greeted lazily. I won't just greet her cheerfully after what she had done to me. Like: hey mom! Thank God you called! I was so worried about you since Robin last texted me saying that my step bro got on an accident again. I love you mom! 
Lol. I won't ever do that.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She asked with concern.

"I'm fine. Just," I paused, rolling my eyes while heading to the kitchen, "home alone."

"Yeah. I'm really sorry, Mori. It was urgent so Robin and I really had to go to check on your brother--" I cut her off.

"He's not my brother, mom."

"Yes he is, and he got so many scars all around his body it's not the same like those times he got on an accident.

"Thank God there were only two scars on his face." No, I really did wish there were more on his face.

"I don't care. It was his fault for hanging out with his drunkard friends." I stated.

"Yes it was his but they are already at their legal age to drink so let them be, it was for fun." Wow, now she's defending her step child?

"Yes, they're 20 years old but it does not mean that they can just be drunk, ride a car, get on an accident, and repeat the cycle again and again 'till Death collects their souls." I insisted.

"Okay, whatever you say Morisette. I just called to tell you that... we won't be home for tonight. It's so late and we have to stay at a hotel near St. Jude's."

"What? Why? So that means I would be the only one in this house the whole night?" But I just graduated, I wanted to add.

"Just for tonight baby. I'm sorry that we won't be able to celebrate your graduation today but I promise tomorrow we will order your favorite dishes and we'll invite some of our relatives and your friends, okay?"

"I don't have friends, mom." I muttered, sighing annoyingly and scratched the back of my messy hair, making it look more like Lorde's. "Ugghh, okay fine. I'll be waiting for you."

"Goodbye baby Mori, I love you." She said. I sighed again in defeat. She's my mother so of course I love her too very much. "I love you too. Bye, goodnight."

"Keep in touch alright? Always message me, do not hesitate." She said, emphasizing the 'not' word.

"Okay fine."

"Love you and I'm sorry again. Bye baby."

With that she already ended the call. Now I'm going to make some midnight snack before going upstairs.

Yawning, I started walking towards the kitchen. It was not that even far from our living room so it didn't take long to get in our kitchen. Once I stepped my foot inside--it didn't have a door-- I tried to feel the light switch first with my right hand. I turned the light switch on when I already found it.

From being a pitch black room, in a blink of an eye it became bright lit by an LED bulb.

My eyes widened when I saw a black figure sitting on our dining table. My mouth was a bit opened in shock. What the heck just happened again?

"Chase!" I sped towards our now dirty dining table because of the cookies scattered on and around it. I started picking the cookies two by two and putting them in the box where they were stored. I was irritated by it, confirmed by my now furrowed brows.

"Meow~"

With that single noise, I paused. I paused and forced myself to don't furrow my eye brows and tada, I dropped the last pieces of cookies on the table in the box and closed it. There were still more scattered on the floor but I will just clean them up later, same with the table.

I turned my face to the side and saw a pair of purple eyes staring straight at me. Its black fur complimented his eyes even more, making them stand out because of their colors. Uhm, are there even people or animals that exist with purple eyes?

I don't know. I'm not a genius and I am not a Ms-know-it-all. But I don't care.

All I cared about right now is the cat that loves cookies in front me with a sorry face.

It tilted its head to the side and it just made me chuckle out of nowhere. "Meow~"

I grinned. I really love this cat. This black furred cat even if they told me that a black cat causes bad luck. "Come here, Chase." I ordered, with that he went closer to me just enough that he rubbed his face to my fore arm.

"Meow.." I laughed a bit. This cat is just so cute. I took the tone of his meow-meow like he's asking for forgiveness. He always does this whenever he's saying sorry, rubbing his head to any part of my body and then say 'meow'.

And I guess I will just sleep after cleaning the mess up in here. My pet cat just really loved to mess up with our kitchen.

"You little jerk, I forgive you now so stop being so cute."



© 2016 Mikhaela M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016


Author

Mikhaela M.
Mikhaela M.

Philippines



About
I'm an average teenager who prefers to live in another world through her books. more..

Writing
Mistaken Mistaken

A Story by Mikhaela M.