5: Or so I thought

5: Or so I thought

A Chapter by Mikhaela M.

I closed my eyes as I tried to keep myself warm by breathing into my palms and rubbing them together, I pulled my knees to my chest. I was at the small living room on the second floor of our house, sitting on a one-sitter couch just beside the window that kept on opening again and again because of its broken lock. I kept on pulling it back. But whenever I try to close it, the wind just kept on pushing it to its previous position, and so I had enough of it. I didn't bother trying to close that window ever again.

The freezing cold wind from the window came touching every part of my body, with my face and neck repeatedly being whipped by my hair, and I tell you, it was so irritating.

It was already morning, and I woke up with the harsh crumbling noise of the thunderstorm and heavy droplets of water sounding from our roof. I couldn't even sleep for eight hours straight, and that was the reason why I had black circles visible around my eyes. It was raining so hard this morning, and no one even notified me that a typhoon will pass by our city. Oh. But, not like someone will actually do. I wanted to chuckle at the thought of myself assuming that someone will notify me about the typhoon when in reality, I don't even know somebody who will do that to me, except for my parents.

Truth to be told, my social life? Uh, absolute zero. I've got no friends.

I was resting for a bit up here. It was because I was searching for Chase all around the house since I realized that he wasn't in my room when I woke up. I thought of the first place where he could be staying at, the kitchen. I won't be so surprised if I see the dining table with crumbles of cookies scattered on it once again. But he wasn't there when I looked for him. I kept on calling out his name but it seemed like it isn't much help for me, because even I couldn't hear myself calling him because of the typhoon. Well, barely.

I then opened my eyes, but a lock of my hair whipped my left eye. That hurt. I winced and grunted at the same time as I got up on my feet and stormed back into my room, leaving that one hell of a window where the damn wind kept coming in. Every windows were closed, except for that window. Of course, it's broken.

I pushed the door closed, and turned on my heel. I walked towards my bed and sat down, I let myself bounce up and down. Where the hell did my cat just went to? I've searched for him in the living room downstairs and upstairs. Under the sofas, behind the TV, behind the doors, under the table in the kitchen, coffee tables, and more areas where Chase can wander around. Even in our yard. I've searched everywhere. But I couldn't find him.

I huffed, Chase where are you? I positioned myself again on my bed and slid under my comforter, totally covering my head with a pillow. I shut my eyes closed. Maybe later on when I wake up, Chase already came out of his hiding place. Maybe later on when I wake up, I'll be drinking a coffee while I watch a bunch of horror movies downstairs with Chase staring at me every time I take a sip from my drink. Maybe when I wake up, I'll just see Chase inside the kitchen with the box of cookies in front of him. Or maybe when I wake up I'll see Chase busy flirting with another cat at my balcony.

In a blink of an eye, I just found myself already sat straight up on my bed. Silently cursing under my breath as I glared outside of the window. The typhoon. Seriously, I just want to gain some more energy. But this typhoon just kept on blocking my way to do so. I let out an annoyed groan. The thunder struck for the hundredth time, its rumbling noise draining my patience even more. Add on the heavy drops coming from above. Ugh. Seriously, I won't be able to sleep with this kind of weather. I just want some peace. Just peace. Only that and nothing more for today.

I dropped back down my bed, and completely curled myself under the sheets of it. I tried my best to let myself be swallowed by the darkness, but I just couldn't.

Minutes. Minutes had passed and I was still in that position. Minutes had passed, I was still aggravated because of the noises I've been hearing. I let out an exasperated sigh, I give up. I won't try to sleep anymore. I massaged my temples as I sat straight up on my bed, letting the pillow I used to cover my ears fall down the floor. I really dislike typhoons. Well somehow, I do like it when it's raining, but typhoons? Horrors, no.

I jolted when I felt something vibrating on my bed. What was that? I thought. And then the ringtone of my phone astounded over me. I quickly flipped the other pillow to the side, and there laying upside down was my phone. I grabbed it.

"It's okay, it's alright--" I slid the accept icon to the side to answer the call, cutting off the song Pierrot that was translated to english. It was my mother calling.

"Hello, mom?" I knew she was already saying something on the other side of the phone, but I couldn't make it out because of the loudness of the typhoon. "M-mori!" She yelled, and it was just enough for me to hear her. Only that the signal wasn't that strong. "Mori how a-are you!?"

"Mom, I'm fine! But the typhoon's just... irritating!" I replied, blocking my left ear with my free hand so my hearing can focus only on my mother's voice. The signal's getting low, I went near the door to my balcony, thankfully the signal increased a bar. "We're a-lready on o-our wa-y! And your aunt Carrie-" the line went static for seconds, "-ther relatives I invi-ted won't m-make it!" I heard a roar of a thunder coming from the other side of the phone. And then another again, I can also hear the hard drops of water on the car.

I ignored the other thing she said. A sudden feeling crept up my spine, and that feeling was something I never felt for years. It crossed my mind like a stake that went through my head. Death. Mourning for the death of your loved ones. I gulped, eyes widening. No, no. Nothing bad is going to happen, Morisette Valentine. There is none. "M-mom. Mom, Robin's driving the car right?"I asked her. Panic rising inside of me. "W-hat? Sorry I d-idn't catch that Mori-" I cut her off, "Is Robin driving the car?!" I didn't know I actually said it out loud. There was a pause before I heard her answer back.

"Yes! He is!"

"Then tell him-" I didn't finish what I wanted to tell her. The line went static, and a notification popped up in my phone saying that the call was disconnected. My signal was completely drained up. "No... no." I tried to call her again, but my phone kept saying there's no signal. I groaned in frustration as I tried to keep myself calm. I leaned on the wall behind me, trying to convince myself all over again that I was only exaggerating, that nothing was going to happen.

Totally nothing, or so I thought.



© 2016 Mikhaela M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016


Author

Mikhaela M.
Mikhaela M.

Philippines



About
I'm an average teenager who prefers to live in another world through her books. more..

Writing
Mistaken Mistaken

A Story by Mikhaela M.