20: Come find me

20: Come find me

A Chapter by Mikhaela M.

Everything had been so though to me and all I wanted to do was forget about everything and go back home. I did know that this was what I wished for. Was it the night before yesterday? I know I asked myself why life was so boring. That I felt something was missing.

But I never knew that life was better being boring the way itself.

"I'm done now, right?" I asked Chaos. After treating the wound I had on my chest, Chaos finally took me out of the room and said his thank you to Theresa, of course, I also thanked her. And now, we were walking down the hallway. We were going back to my room so I could take a bath. Which, as a matter of fact, I badly needed. A part of me was being a little shy about the fact that I was still dirty.

Especially now that everything around me was now bright and clear from the sunlight coming from the huge windows along the hallway. Everything was so elegant up close. The stone walls were really suited for a manor like this.

The mansion was like a castle. But compared to the entrance of the mansion yesterday, this part of it was way more like of the Gothic ones. The floor, the walls, arches and so. They were all made of stone, hence, it somehow gave out the dark aura.

"Yeah." He answered back. My eyes lingered down his appearance. He was walking a few steps ahead of me and all I could see was his back. His outfit was just the same as what he wore yesterday. Maybe he also didn't take a bath yet. But he looked so neat and clean no one would even doubt about his schedule of bathing. Unlike me.

After that, I just kept silent until we were already at some part that was familiar to me. We're near to that room. But before we could even reach it, an important question suddenly popped up inside my head.

"After this, can you now take me back to the city?" I spoke up, then he stopped from walking. I, too, stopped as I waited for an answer. But I noticed, it was taking him a few moments and I was just about to repeat my question.

His answer surprised me a bit. A cold "No." was what he said. Then, he began walking again.

I was left dumbfounded and I was just able to go out of that state when he was already at the turning point of the hallway. I went after him, running.

"But-- but why can't I?" I asked again. I was sure the need for an answer was obvious on my face.

He wasn't answering me again, all he gave me was a glance. "What will I even do here? I already got my wound treated. I want to go back home, it's... safer."

Then, he stopped again, letting out a sigh. He turned around to face me. His cold piercing eyes was affecting me again, but I tried my best to act casually. I stared back as I bit my lip. Well, I was really trying hard to stare back longer.

He took a step toward me, and then again and again until the distance between us was already short. Somehow I could hear the beating of my heart again, well he was making me nervous!

I gulped again when he even inched his face down to mine. He was staring into my eyes. So intense I could almost melt. Those purple eyes just seemed so powerful. What the hell is wrong with him? I thought.

"How sure are you that it's safe there?" And I didn't answer him, I only remained silent. Truly, how sure am I sure that it was safe there after all? I didn't know. "Besides, is there anyone even waiting for you at home?" He asked in a low voice I could almost take it as a whisper.

"My... family. M-maybe by now they already got Russel out... the hospital." I answered back. Why was it that whenever I talk about my family... I just really feel different? He stared straight into my eyes a little bit longer before he clicked his tongue, shaking his head, as he stepped away from me.

That was when I realized my whole body was actually tensed up until then.

"Damn. You're mind is totally messed up and I can't figure out why."

And... I didn't quite catch that.

"Stay here until that wound of yours is completely healed. But since it's a scar, it would really take time to heal. A few... days, I guess."

And I did totally catch that, but my lips parted a bit at the few days that I had to spend here until my wound was completely healed.

He let out a sigh again as he started walking away from me. When I took a step toward him again, attempting to follow him until we finally reach my room, he told me, "That's already your room, woman." That made me freeze, of course, and turn my head to see that familiar door of dark chestnut color. AhYeah, didn't notice that.

I licked my lips and puffed my cheeks, already making my way toward the door. Before I could whisper my password to it, my hand clutching the knob of the door, I whispered something that I wasn't even able to tell all this time.

"Well... thank you, Chaos."

Then, I finally whispered my password to the door and click! It was unlocked, I twisted the doorknob and pushed it open. But before I could even go in, I heard something echo from the empty hallway that was now before me.

"NP, woman."

No problem.

Instead of appreciating the fact that he appreciated my thanks, I only staggered back into my room and shut the door closed. The hallway was empty, and I heard him so clearly.

-v-

Well, I actually think a shower would be a great idea. But I forgot that I actually have a wound here and I just can't bear the sting of having my wound wet. But in the end, of course I was still able to wash myself. Though it took me a couple of minutes to finally get out of the bathroom.

But I was surprised to have seen somebody seating on the bed, feet alternately going up and down, with a silly grin plastered on her face.

"Hi, my new toy!"

It was the little girl I met yesterday.

I blinked, not being able to come up with something to say. I gulped as I clutched my worn clothes, I narrowed my eyes at her. How did she even get in? But I remembered. I forgot to lock the door. I mentally groaned, I wanted to slap myself for forgetting to lock it. It was a good thing I already wore my new clothes before I even got out the bathroom.

The little girl stood up and walked over to the side of the room where there were velvet curtains blocking the light coming from outside. She pushed them all to the side and my face scrunched up. The sunlight was too bright. After that, the little girl headed straight toward the old large wooden cabinet. It was like she didn't even care if I was watching her and didn't know what to do.

You can't blame me. I was never real good with children. I always panicked whenever I was left alone with them. It was either I would only smile at them the whole time or ignore them and awkwardly use my phone. But I wasn't really rude or something who really hated kids. I just find it hard to get along with them.

"Okay," I finally started off. "What do you need... uhm?" The girl whom I still didn't know rummaged through the clothes in the cabinet and pulled out something black. It was a dress. She then began humming something with a cheeky smile on her face and walked back over to the bed.

She threw a wide--and quite creepy--smile, all I could do was stare at her. Not knowing what to do. Why the hell do I keep on acting like an idiot all the time?

"Well, toy, you should wear this dress for today and not that old pajamas your wearing now." She ordered as if I was the kid here and not her. An eyebrow of mine automatically raised because of two things. One, she called me toy. Two, the dress she wanted me to wear.

"What's wrong if I wear this pair of blue pajamas?" I told her as I looked down at the baggy blue blouse patterned with light curvy lines. The design was just the same with its pair. "They're comfy, and besides I'll only stay inside here for the whole day. No need for me to wear something so..." I gestured at the dress lying down the bed, I could think of any to describe that dress. It was just a simple one, I guess.

The little girl shook her head and pouted. "No, you're not just going to stay here. Remember, you agreed to be my toy while you're still staying here." She whined. That got me to panic a bit, when a child starts whining it means they'll probably cry afterwards, right? And I didn't like that.

I wasn't saying anything else yet, I didn't know what to say. I didn't even remember a thing that I actually agreed to that. Or maybe I actually agreed to her? Well, if I actually did, I truly regret it.

This girl was just about to cry, I could see that her eyes were already glistening up. Why do kids even cry so easily?

My eyes widened as soon as I saw that one tear that was already flowing down her cheek. I rushed to her and kneeled down, cupping her face with my hands. Worry and panic was all over me. "Okay okay okay," I quickly started. "Fine. I will wear this dress, so please don't cry. Oh God, I wouldn't know to do." I stammered as I saw another tear falling.

I wiped it away with my thumb. "P-promise?"

"Yes. I promise.... uhh," Great, I didn't even know her name.

"I-it's Leonora." She replied back with a tone as if she was shy about it. She began rubbing her eyes with both hands. And because of that my eyes widened, I forgot that this girl could actually read people's mind while she's touching them. The thought of pulling my hands off her face came to mind, but this girl was crying. I couldn't just act like I was disgusted by her.

I sighed in defeat. Geez, what was I even supposed to do? "Fine. Just stop crying, I'll give you company whenever you want. Okay? I don't have any plans to do while I'm staying here anyway." I said, biting my lip. I wonder if telling her this was a good idea?

She finally looked at me with a smile already forming on her lips. "Really?"

I nodded as an answer.

A moment of silence was between us then. Me, staring at her with eyes filled with concern. She, staring at me as if I was an ugly kid whom she wanted to laugh at since moments ago but just couldn't hold back anymore.

Then, she finally burst out laughing, leaving me thinking of all the possibilities why. And the most common thing I had come up with was: she tricked me.

Her childish laughter echoed throughout the room.

I pressed my lips in a tight line as I threw her a suspicious look. But she just kept on laughing her head off, and I couldn't fight off the small smile that wanted to make its way to my lips. Well, she looked adorable.

I just huffed and stood up, shaking my head. I just ignored her and picked up my clothes that I purposely threw on the floor when she began crying. As soon as there was no childish laughter I could hear anymore, I turned back to her, looking at her flatly.

"Well, I still got 'ya! You promised you'll keep me company, you can't just take it back!" She grinned at me again before she let out a giggle.

I pursed my lips, "Fine, you got me." I shook my head again as I made my toward the bed, heaving a sigh. She shot me a look of excitement when I grabbed the collar of the dress to bring it with me inside the bathroom and get changed. But that plan was just ruined when Leonora suddenly jumped up and giggled again before running toward the door. My brows met, "Hey! Where are you going?" I asked before she could even get out of the room. She paused to turn her head and face me.

"Out," she winked at me and I only raised an eyebrow at that. "I'll be waiting for you, Toy!" Rolling my eyes, I just ignored the fact that actually she called me her toy for the second time this morning. Third, perhaps?

"I should probably tell her my name sooner or later." I whispered to myself as I brought the dress in the bathroom to get myself changed already. I just didn't know the sense of wearing a dress when I just find it okay to be in pajamas with her all the time.

It wasn't so long until I was already done changing. On the corner of the bed were the dirty clothes of mine and the new pajamas I just wore awhile ago, I folded them all quickly and placed each on top of each other. I wasn't always the neat type of person since I was a teenager, but I find it really impolite to the owner of the mansion--or this room--to leave this room with my clothes laying all around the room. That would be so embarrassing for me.

Just so when I decided to finally go out of the room, I passed by a mirror which I just noticed by then. It was at the far corner of the room and it was kinda dark there, you wouldn't really notice it easily. it wouldn't hurt if I checked myself out for a minute, right?

Not wasting another second, I walked over in front of the mirror and saw a woman with a pair of black eyes, straight and tiny nose, and pale lips. Actually, my whole face looked pale. No wonder why, everything was just too lot to take in. I noticed that my long hair was also so messy that it made me look like that I just got out from bed, I quickly finger-combed it. It was a good thing I just took a bath and my hair was still damp, I could fix my hair easily.

After fixing it, my eyes finally landed on the simple black dress she wanted me to wear. It was a fine looking one. As I said it was very simple. It reached down just above my knees. Unlike any other dress it didn't show too much of my collar bone, which was actually a good thing again because if so, my wound would be visible.

I heaved a sigh before shaking my head as I decided to just ignore what I look like and go out of the room. It didn't really matter anyway. I wasn't even going to a dinner or something like that, if so I should have worn the heels I saw beside the cabinet and not my boots that reached my ankle again. But it suits the dress anyway.

I finally went toward the door, I was sure the girl didn't lock it so I already swung it open. But as soon as my head looked up from the floor, I was surprised to see no one.

I stepped out of the room, my hand not leaving knob of the door. My turned to both directions, there was no one anywhere. The little gi-- Leonora was nowhere to be seen.

And I thought she would be waiting out here.

No wait, she just said 'out' right?

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. Just when I thought me changing my clothes was a waste of time and told myself that I was tricked by a kid again, something caught my attention.

The piece of paper laying down on the floor right in front of the door.

I narrowed my eyes and snapped my head to both sides. There really was no one.

Not minding about that girl anymore, I just bent down and picked the piece of paper. There were big and clumsy hand writings. Obviously a penmanship of a kid.

a unique door with a sign board

I furrowed my brows at that. What does that even mean? I flipped the paper to see the other side, and the same penmanship of a kid was there.

Toy! lets play a game. come find me!

ill be waiting be for u :)

This was from Leonora for sure. So, this was what she planned to do in the first place, huh? And this was also what she meant by what she said before she exited the room! I let out a grunt. I didn't even know where to find her, and I barely know anything about her that can give some clues of where she was! The thought of ignoring everything and just make up a stupid excuse like I slipped and my head hit the toilet and I passed out so I was sleeping in the bathroom the whole day already crossed my mind, but I saw another message at the bottom of the paper.

Don't ignore this :'( i will never leave the place where you're supposed to see me if i dont see u. dont worry ill give you clues. the 7 yellow papers will give you direction including this one ;)

My lips parted as I just stared at the yellow piece of paper. "I can't believe this kid!" I breathed out in disbelief. She was so.... ugh, damn it. I had no choice but to find her, I wasn't that heartless to just let this girl wait for no one at that God-knows-what place she was staying. I tried to calm myself down.

She's just a kid. A child. An innocent child, Mori. Calm down.

Innocent? Really? It wasn't obvious.

She just wants to play.

But she was not playing with me. She was playing me.

I let a big sigh once a again. A frustrated, exasperated, annoyed, irritated, almost-fed-up, or whatever-you-might-call-it sigh.

A unique door with a sign board, huh?

I slapped my hand to my forehead. As it turned out, telling her that was never a good idea. And I really regret it.



© 2016 Mikhaela M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016


Author

Mikhaela M.
Mikhaela M.

Philippines



About
I'm an average teenager who prefers to live in another world through her books. more..

Writing
Mistaken Mistaken

A Story by Mikhaela M.