15: The whole new world

15: The whole new world

A Chapter by Mikhaela M.

I just woke up, didn't I?

I pulled myself up from lying on the cold ground and I immediately snapped my neck from side to side to see where I am. I gulped as I shifted back with my hands and legs until something cold and hard hit my back.

My eyes were all wide when I observed the place I was currently at. My brows were furrowed as my eyes roamed around the place. The ceiling had a huge hole and it gave entrance for the moonlight to give dim lighting around this place. The place was a complete wreck when my eyes already adjusted to the dark. Broken down cement that must have been from the ceiling and dust were dirtying the ground that now had cracks... the walls also had cracks that it gave me the feeling that in just a simple push the walls might already breakdown. I suppose there were also people who came here before because of the marks on the floor. The wallpapers that were already peeling off the wall, even worsened the sight, even with all those dirt and paints on the dirtied white walls of the place.

I can't tell if this place was once a house, even if it really looked like it, but because of the lockers I see at the very corner of the place... It did not feel like one. There were also shoe rackets with a lot of cobwebs surrounding them beside the lockers. And then at the other side of the room, there were boxes, colorful boxes and toys scattered around them. There were also wooden cabinets almost covered with dust and cobwebs.

My lips parted a little when I noticed little shoes lying on the tiled floor of the room and some dolls, toy cars and bears... though they all looked awful.

I arched an eyebrow as I twisted my body to look at the wall behind me. I looked up, then I saw papers and a board--bulletin board-- hanging against the wall. Seeing them all with my curious eyes, I slowly tried standing with the help of my hands grabbing at the edge of an old wooden table just right beside me, and I almost fell down back on my knees because my legs just really feel wobbly. And... I was wondering why? I just don't remember a thing... about what... happened--ughh... My head just throbbed in pain whenever I tried to remember something. I caressed my forehead, hoping to cease the throbbing away because it kinda makes me feel dizzy.

I was already up and I leaned on the table for support as I ran my fingers on the bulletin board. Honestly, the board had been already a mess because of all the ruined and dirtied designs of it.

"Handprints..." I mumbled to myself when I saw those small handprints on the papers with names on them. Lily, Marie, Therese, John, Jared and more names written on those papers pinned to the ruined bulletin board.

Then something hit me, making me turn back around in an instant and travel my eyes around again. Damn right I am. This place was a kindergarten. Everything that I have seen already explains it.

Well, I do think it was alread obvious, but I just did not really realize sooner.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a small noise suddenly emerged from a darker part of the kindergarten, making me look at its direction fast and gulp at the same time. I narrowed my eyes, are there more people in this place with me? "Hello?" I tried calling out and my voice echoed through the almost empty space.

"Is someone there?" I called out again, but I just got nothing but an eerie silence which almost made me shiver. It gave me the creeps. Since my knees don't feel wobbly anymore, I pushed myself away from leaning on the wall and made a move towards the darker point of the place, passing by the awfully destroyed toys scattered on the cracked floor. I tried my best to walk without making any sound until I reached the dark part. It was actually like a way towards another open room when I got closer to it. On my left was a restroom where the sink and toilet were already in fragments, and on my right was another locked door. But straight ahead was what I think was a kitchen when I saw all the cabinets attached to the ceiling, some rusty kitchen wares, and bottles for babies.

I slowly went closer to open all the cabinets and all I have seen were empty boxes, sachets, dirty bowls and spoons, and nothing else. Well, there were also some cabinets I didn't open because I was sure I won't even be able to see a thing because it was way too dark. I looked around again to examine the area, just like what I had seen back from where I was, it was also a wreck. It was very dirty that no one would even have a doubt that this kindergarten wasn't cleaned for years.

Another noise sounded from behind me, my body reacted in an instant and turned back around to see what was causing the noises I'd been hearing.

But I just saw nothing. My brows narrowed in confusion as I put back the things I got in my hands from the cabinet back. I really think there are other people in here. The noise I just heard was like a person banging a door, and not any simple insects or pests can do that.

Out of my stupid curiosity I took a step toward the doorway. I was going there slowly because who knows what might just suddenly show up. A door came to my sight when I got closer. I thought there weren't any door over there, maybe I just didn't notice it since it was dark. God, what am I doing? I shouldn't be here in the first place. I don't even remember a single thing that I went to this kindergarten.

I saw that the knob of the door was broken when I was just about to open it, but the door was slightly ajar so I was still able to push it open. The door creaked as it slowly moved. My body was very tensed up and I realized that I was actually holding my breath for quite a long time. Who wouldn't be at a moment like this? This place just really gives me the creeps that I couldn't even explain.

Something was totally different. And that something was this world. Ever since I woke up in here, I keep on sensing things. I honestly find it really weird because I never felt that way before.

I was pulled out of my trance when the door hit something and it made a noise. My eyes slightly widened in awe when I saw it. This place was a kindergarten. Kindergartens were supposed to take care of the children for the whole day then they can go home after.

But, why were there a couple of beds inside this room? Oh, and they were really not beds that were meant for adults, they were beds that were definitely meant for kids because of their sizes. Well, was this place an orphanage or something? An orphanage for small kids?

I was sure my face totally yelled out confusion as I walked deeper into the room. So, this was where the noises came from, huh?

I gulped before trying to call out for somebody who might be just inside this room with me, "Is anyone out there?" I wasn't really shouting, but my voice sounded really loud. No one answered, then. All was silent until I breathed out in disappointment. I decided that I should just turn around and get the hell out when something squeaked under me. I screamed and my body reacted quickly and jumped away from it. My breathing automatically turned to a rushed one, I really was shocked back right there that my heart almost leapt out my chest!

Well, I just stepped on head of a baby that makes squeaking sounds when you squish it, I guess it was that kind of toy. Gross, I really despise dolls.

Another noise came from the farther section of the room, I faced where the noise came from and what was making those. For a moment it was silent again, but another noise broke in and then again and again until noises were already coming one after another. I flinched at every noise. Panic began rising up inside me and fear came unto me once again. This feeling, I think I just felt this before. I mean recently, like it had just been a while since I felt this emotion. I don't know, what the hell is happening inside my head and why the hell do I keep having that feeling that I'm missing a very important part of my memory?

When panic already came up, I felt my adrenaline flowing through my veins and and sending them all to my senses. My head snapped to the deeper part of the room, it was like it was looking for something. Things were being dropped on the floor and so. I averted my stare from there then I looked for the exit that was just a few meters away from me.

I ran towards the doorway but stopped when I suddenly heard a cry. A baby's cry, that was. I froze for a moment until the cry became the sound of a baby laughing... then crying again, and laughing.

I gulped, and I swear I couldn't breathe. I slowly turned around to see what was behind, how sure I am that the sound actually came from behind me.

My eyes went wide again, totally wide and my mouth was already hanging open when I saw it.

The doll. The head.

It grew to something bigger, and it was still growing. I was totally in shock. I couldn't move. I couldn''t breathe. I couldn't blink. I couldn't do anything. All I could do was stare at it and tremble in fear. Black bubbles were popping out from all of the parts of the head as it grew bigger. The noises it was making made it even worse, it kept on switching from crying to laughing like a baby's. But as it grew bigger and bigger, it's voice came out getting deeper and deeper. Something was also spurting out under the head, they were legs. Not just any legs but the legs of a spider. One after another spurted out under the head, black fluids came along too.

I was completely frozen in shock as I just looked at the monster that was just about 6 inches tall before, but now a couple of feet higher than me now. It was a combination of a head of baby, and the legs of a spider. Black fluid kept on coming out of the baby's eyes, mostly from its left eye, black bubbles were also popping out.

It already stopped making those noises and I saw that smile on the baby's face, those sickening eyes too, the way he looked at me was like it wanted to devour me.

I gulped, and I felt like I can move again. I didn't waste any time after, I turned as quickly as I can and ran towards the doorway as fast as I can.

When I moved, I swear my eardrums almost bled because of the loathesome deep growl of the monster. It was so loud, it was like a cry of a dinosaur.

I passed the doorway already and thankfully I wasn't that slow when running, I was able to get away from the monster fast.

But that was, when it wasn't chasing after me yet.

I went to the hallway and ran straight toward the spot where I woke up. I still remember the lesson I learned from movies before that you should never look back when someone or something wa chasing you, but when I heard the monster kept on letting cries out as loud as a dinosaur's, I looked back over my shoulder to see that because of the size of the monster, it didn't fit into the doorway. It was too strong because of its size that when it started chasing me, the walls broke down when it crawled past them.

It was an advantage for me though, it bought me some time to get away fast.

And so I ran as I heard the monster screaming every time something hits it, especially the walls that were easily broken down by it.

When I reached that area where I wanted to go, damn it I can't see a way out!

I looked back to the monster, the broken down walls kept on falling on it and I was thankful because of that. My breathing was really rushed and I can feel the droplets of sweat sliding down my face and neck. My chest was really rising up and down so hard because of the panic and adrenaline.

I closed my eyes for a second, thinking of what to do as I looked around me.

The lockers. Shoe rackets and cabinets.

Trying my best get rid of that disgusting creature, I ran towards every single thing that I can use for defense, I grabbed the sides of the shoe rackets and pulled them down so they can prevent the monster from going nearer. I did the same to other shoe rackets and so. I still hear the monster screaming and cement dropping to floor, means I still have time. I grabbed everything and pulled them down more forceful to be faster. The furnitures I got were actually huge, and the way was a little small. I noticed the cabinet I last pulled down cracked, and a piece of it dropped to floor.

It was long, thin and sharp at its edge. This could be of use to me right now.

With a trembling body I quickly grabbed the wood and distanced myself from the piled up furnitures.

The monster finally stopped letting out all his cries. A moment of silence again.

I tightened my grip on the wood and I felt my sweat falling down on my hands and arms. Focus, focus.

I waited for the monster to come out, hoping that I could kill it with the plan I had on my mind.

With a loud and terrifying cry, the monster's sharp and thick legs came to my sight, they pierced through the furnitures I used and pushed it aside, making it crash to the walls and break down to pieces because of too much force.

In a blink of an eye, what came next to my sight was the monster.

It growled so loud when it saw me.

At the exact same time, with all the strenght that I got in my arms, I threw the wood to its direction just like a spear.

Yes, the wood did hit the baby's head. But hell did I know that wood wouldn't pierce through its skin.

I just trembled in fear as I just froze on my spot because I don't know what to do anymore.

The monster let out another ear piercing scream as it jumped toward me.

And me? I cowardly squished my eyes closed, preparing for how much pain it might bring to me.

For a moment, I was just there frozen, eyes closed, trembling in fear, not breathing and all tensed up... as I waited for the monster to come and slaughter me up to pieces.

But nothing came.

Instead, I heard a manly voice.

My eyes snapped open and I saw a man in all black holding a dagger that was stabbed on the head of the baby. The man then pulled the dagger down with his hands, as if trying to split the head of the baby into two.

With each pull, he groaned and said a word. But... All I could do was freeze in complete terror.

"Just. Right. In. Time." He then pulled the dagger out of the monster, and wiped the black fluid staining the blade with his pants. After that, he finally faced my direction. "Well... Am I?"



© 2016 Mikhaela M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016


Author

Mikhaela M.
Mikhaela M.

Philippines



About
I'm an average teenager who prefers to live in another world through her books. more..

Writing
Mistaken Mistaken

A Story by Mikhaela M.