The Persistence of Loss 2

The Persistence of Loss 2

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

continuation of the last chapter. not really sure if it should be a new chapter...i have so freakin many!

"
�..

�Hallie?� Abby whispered even though her intent was to wake her up. � I made you some chamomile tea.�

�Huh,� she muttered from underneath her Egyptian cotton bed set.

�You�ve been sleeping for like a day and a half.�

Hallie looked over at the clock, it was the middle of the afternoon. She sat up feeling much more refreshed yet somehow still tired. When she took a sip of the warm liquid her stomach began rumbling with hunger. In the glimpse of her mirror her long honey colored hair looked like jungle woman, and the pajama�s she�d been wearing for three days straight were all wrinkled from crying, almost committing suicide, and sleeping in them. How embarrassing.

�I�m going to go shower,� Hallie said slowly getting up.

�That�s a good idea,� Abby agreed. God she must have smelled and Abby was too nice to say so. �Can I trust you to be in the bathroom with out taking a bunch of Tylenol�s?�

�Yes, and I promise, I�ll explain everything to you afterwards,� Hallie assured. After Hallie finally showered and was in her favorite fluffy white bathrobe, she joined Abby at the kitchen table and ate one of Abby�s microwaveable macaroni and cheese�s. She never used the microwave to make her meals, in fact she was against it, but the girl was starving. She wondered how all the models at La Perla could go for days without eating, because right now she felt like she was about to keel over from starvation.

Hallie explained everything that happened over Christmas, the arguments with her parents, the castle Christian had decorated, the nights they spent together, how Christian allowed Hallie�s father to beat him to a pulp, the watch.

�Why did you let him go Hallie? You love him, was it because of you�re parents?�

�I�m not sure, I�m just hurting right now�

�No offense, but how do you think he�s feeling?� Abby pointed out

�He must be feeling awful, my father really hurt him, and so did I,� she stated.

�It�s been a few days since everything right?�

�Right.�

�Why don�t you call him, just see how he�s doing? I�m sure he�s had time to cool off,� Abby suggested.

�I don�t know, he hates me and I don�t blame him one bit.�

�Don�t you care to see that he�s doing okay after what your dad did to him?�

Hallie looked down at her pink pedicure toes. Of course she wanted to, but she didn�t want to hurt him anymore than she already had, but maybe Abby was right. Maybe it would just show she cared, that she was sorry for everything. She suddenly needed to know that he was okay, that he wasn�t too hurt, and that would be the last time she ever contacted him.

�Alright, but don�t let me call him after this no matter what,� Hallie said resolutely. She found her cell phone that Abby had considerately placed on the charger, and dialed Christian�s house number. Her heart pounded in anticipation, prepared to get screamed at or hung up on, but none of that happened because the phone number had been disconnected. Hallie hung up confused. Damn he really had moved out, or maybe he just got his number changed. She tried what she used to try before she had his number and dialed Derek�s house phone.

�Hello?�, an unfamiliar guys voice answered.

�Hi, I�m trying to reach Derek or Christian.�

�They are both at Christian�s place, well his old place. They might have already left actually, both of them are moving to New York.�

Hallie�s heart sunk then fluttered anxiously knowing Christian may not have left yet.

�Thank you,� Hallie abruptly hung up the phone, unwrapped the towel out of her hair and ran upstairs to find anything she could to wear.

�Where are you going?� Abby called from downstairs.

�He�s leaving, I have to talk to him before he goes!� Hallie yelled back. She ran back down with in moments wearing white Juicy Couture sweatpants with a flowing plum-colored Diane Von Furstenberg blouse, looking totally ridiculous, that or making a new, mismatching fashion statement.

�Are you sure about this?� Abby tried to yell as Hallie bolted out the door, but she didn�t hear her and jumped in her white BMW. The freeway was congested as ever, due to after Christmas-sale shopping, and Hallie honked aggressively trying to get around the traffic. She had more urgent things to do than shop, if there ever was such a thing, and ignored all the L.A. ladies giving her the middle finger all the way until her exit.

Even when she arrived in normally quiet Folsom the thin roads were also crowded so much that Hallie was sitting still in traffic for minutes. It wasn�t so crowded leaving Folsom, which meant Christian might have already been gone. Then again he might be just about to leave. She tapped impatiently on the steering wheel for people to go, feeling like this was her last chance. Chance at what, she wasn�t sure. To tell him she�d been stupid, that she really wanted to be with him? Or just to simply tell him sorry? She wasn�t much of a planner, when it came to him she would go with her gut feeling, if traffic would only subside.

�Forget it,� Hallie remarked to herself. She parked illegally on the side of the road and got out of her car, freezing her a*s off without a jacket, but he was only seven blocks away, and if she didn�t hurry she wouldn�t catch him in time.

Thank god she�d worn closed shoes, but they were Ugg boots and weren�t exactly running shoes, but she ran as best she could to Christian�s house ignoring the honking horns of angry drivers pissed at her for practically leaving her car in the middle of the road.

When she got to the fifth block she thought she heard the roar of a motorcycle and ran as hard as she could, trying to brush her still wet hair out of her face. Surely enough from a distance she could see it was unmistakably Christian. He had started the bike up, but was just sitting, looking up at the apartment building. Just as Hallie thought she�d have a chance to catch up to him in time, he flicked the cigarette he was smoking down on the ground and rode off.

�Christian!� she called out.

She tried running even faster than she was already going and tripped over the snowy curb nearly twisting her ankle. Ignoring the pain she got right back up, quickly limping after the bike, calling his name over and over. It was no use, he was already so far ahead and soon wouldn�t be able to be seen anymore. She stopped in place, watching the image of him disappear, in complete shock that she had just missed him. She stood in the middle of the road horrified that she let him leave like this, that she would never have the chance to take back what happened.

Maybe it was just the right thing that she didn�t get to say goodbye. Maybe he was better off, and if she wasn�t then she figured she�d just have to deal with it, her time being selfish with him was over, whether she liked it or not.

Devastated she slowly walked back to her car, not even caring if it was getting towed. The abandoned insane asylum glared at her in the distance, tempting her to go inside, and stay there till she rot away like all the other patients did. She wish someone would burn down the place so she didn�t have to remember their first kiss there after so many years.

It turned out Hallie�s car didn�t get towed, and she drove home not even noticing the heavy amount of traffic she was in. Her mind was a complete blank, she got so stuck in the haze of stopping and going that she nearly passed the street to her house. Once she got inside she let her keys drop to the floor and sauntered upstairs.

�What happened?� Abby asked, coming out from the kitchen standing at the foot of the stairs.

Hallie responded with a look that said she�d cry about it if she could, but she was exhausted and out of tears. �I just really want to sleep, thank you for being such a sweetheart, but please don�t wake me up okay?�

�Okay,� Abby agreed, restraining herself from asking about the matter any further, it was clear that things didn�t exactly go well.

Hallie changed out of her bizarre outfit back into her pajama�s and back into bed, where she was planning to stay for a very, very long time. Maybe she should have gone to that insane asylum, because before she closed her eyes she thought she felt Christian laying next to her. Unfortunately she was sane enough to know she wouldn�t come close to ever being that happy again.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
rough rough draft, not super well written, more of a plot layout as usual. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

life can give us a chance ,maybe two at most ,its never generous,she was lucky ,too many chances ,did not know where her good luck and happiness , i think she was childish a lot ,breaking a very dear heart ,i think she was playing with life ,or maybe thinking life was just a play ,or maybe those around her ,she considered as just a play ,i know i may be hard on her ,but she was hard on herself too,too bad ,we need to be wise and thoughtful about life or we will end up losers all the way

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would think haile is Bi-Polar at times. Run ,chase, Run, chase. She really just needs to acknowledge her heart and go with it for hell or high water.
This may have only been a short draft. But I think it helped show us more of who haile is inside. She should have gotten in her BMW though and chased Christain down on his bike.
I think she's a bit of a coward. I hope someone can knock some sense into her soon before it's to late.
I have hope for her yet!

Thanks for Sharing EVIL-A
It's always a pleasure to read!
Infinity's Shadow

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

life can give us a chance ,maybe two at most ,its never generous,she was lucky ,too many chances ,did not know where her good luck and happiness , i think she was childish a lot ,breaking a very dear heart ,i think she was playing with life ,or maybe thinking life was just a play ,or maybe those around her ,she considered as just a play ,i know i may be hard on her ,but she was hard on herself too,too bad ,we need to be wise and thoughtful about life or we will end up losers all the way

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

another solid chapter nice work.......... how long is this book??? Is it up to 100 pages yet or is it a little short of that??? Anyway i dont care im really enjoying it.......... keeeeeep it up

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rita is so right!! I'm ddddyyyiiiinnn heerrree! lol
Freakin soap opera. hahaha

awesome write as usual... very well put together, just..grrr lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now the realization of what she has done hits home leaving the reader to wonder if she will search himout and follow. Excellent!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:(

you're killing me woman. i want them to get together!

:D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

654 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..