Through Stained Glass

Through Stained Glass

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

A chapter just for fun, kind of a silly one really.

"
Through Stained Glass


        Hallie came back to her three story Malibu beach house to find a jungle of boxes scattered all over the entryway, which must have been Abby�s. Hallie was thankful that she still hadn�t moved out, and hoped that things could go the way they were before she moved in with David. She plopped her purse on the couch as if she had only been gone for a couple of hours, and headed upstairs. Abby�s bedroom door was partially open, but Hallie didn�t want to wake her and went to her own room.

Kind of screwed for pajamas, because of her brash decision to go back to Malibu without packing first, she slipped out of her Nicole Miller dress and got under her Egyptian cotton covers in just her La Perla underwear. It felt so good to be back in that bed, out of all the numerous residents her parents owned, this one felt most like home.

Feeling like the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders, or maybe just the weight of that clunky yellow diamond ring, Hallie drifted comfortably into sleep, trying to deny the fact that her parents would probably be absolutely pissed for calling it off with David, but at least it wasn�t because of a certain someone she borrowed her Daddy�s G-5 to go visit in New York. No, it wasn�t about him at all, it was about her.

That night she dreamed about Winnie, and her unplanned horse ride through the moist field behind her house, except this time she wasn�t in her backyard, she was riding through the city streets of New York. They rode smooth as ever, without any bumps almost as if they were floating across the sky. They arrived at an old gothic church, and Hallie stepped off the horse walking towards the church.

There was a line around the block , with scantily clothed s***s freezing their asses off waiting to be let in. For some reason Hallie thought they looked so strange, and unfamiliar, like from a different time, and when she looked down at herself she noticed she was wearing an elegant ball gown, not elegant like Marc Jacobs, elegant like an enormous flowing Victorian styled dress. It was a pale pink with several layers of white ruffled lace underneath. Atop her head she felt her hair piled into a tall up do with curly ringlets streaming all the way down to her waist. It somehow felt natural, and she picked up the bottom of her dress to walk towards the entrance of the church. Everyone in line caught a look at her, she was pretty hard to miss, and they busted into a fit of laughter.

Hallie simply ignored them, and right before she entered, she saw a face through the church�s stained glass window, which she thought was part of the artwork, until it moved. Frozen in place, she stood gazing at the flawless face through blues, purples, and reds as he laughed talking to someone. She couldn�t tell what color hair or eyes he had through the glass, but she could easily see that he was beautiful. She observed his full lips forming into different angles as he spoke, and all she wanted to do was go inside and hear what he was saying.

Passing a huge man at the door who appeared to be the bouncer, she ventured inside the church, curious to see if the man looked as good if he wasn�t being viewed through a stained glass window. Startled by loud pounding of unfamiliar music, she walked past a sea of people gazing at her curiously, and oddly dancing in a way she�d never seen before. Once she finally spotted him, she realized he looked even better, with dark gold hair falling into his gleaming blue-green eyes as he spoke. More so than lust, just being in the same room as him, she felt a strong presence within her, like a ghost or an entity had made it�s place inside of her. There was something strange about him, invitingly strange, and she wanted to find out what it was.

She approached him, and since she had been so fixated on him she just noticed that he was talking to a girl, and an extremely attractive one at that. They weren�t quite holding hands but hers was near his, flirtingly touching his wrist with the tip of her fingers. Disappointed, all Hallie wanted to do was leave. She had come to the wrong place, her church had become some strange place where people came at night to dance strangely and promiscuously fondle each other.

Before she turned to leave, she saw the man get up from where he was seated, and walk in Hallie�s direction. He immediately noticed her, and as if he forgot about the girl he was with, he looked straight at her never taking his eyes of her. He wasn�t that far away, but he seemed to be taking forever, as if he was in slow motion, walking through his world into a new one.

�What the hell are you wearing?� Hallie heard from behind her, the voice sounding a lot like Jessica, but she didn�t dare look away from him approaching her.

�Hallie you need to grow up, grow out of Christian,� she heard her mother say.

�I will kill him if he ever comes near you again,� Mr. Harris growled from behind her, but somehow it didn�t even bother her. They didn�t feel real, only this mysterious man did.

Before she knew it she was face to face with him, and all the voices from behind her had faded. In fact most noise faded, and no one seemed to be there, except for a man stepped off to the side in a priests attire, holding a book.

She hadn�t noticed, but the guy she�d been staring at had taken both of her hands holding them in his. She looked down at herself to see that her dress wasn�t a pale pink anymore, but pure white instead.

�I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,� the priest said warmly.

Then with out any explanation, Hallie became pulled into a gentle and loving kiss, which she gladly reciprocated back, smiling the entire time, with tears of joy running down her face. When she looked at him he had transformed, his hair longer and tied back, dressed in a vintage tuxedo with long coat tails. Overwhelmed with inexplicable happiness, she was unable to utter any words.

�I�ve been waiting for this day all my life. You�ve just made me the happiest man on earth. I love you Natalie,� he said.

�I love you William,� she smiled.

They walked off hand in hand out of the church, and she was right. There was no one there, not her father, not her mother, not even her ugly cousin Jessica. It was just him and her, with the rest of their lives together, and even without looking through a stained glass window, it was the most beautiful sight to be seen in an often ugly world.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Is the last line like...way too goth? haha

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think the dream fits quite well into the story apart from the happy ending. I wonder if it might be better with the dream shortened but leave it with Hallie searching for an ending, then finish the chapter with her waking up in a disoriented sort of way. Maybe bring Abby in to ask what's happened with David.

One other point, I did wonder how she got from the party where she dumped David, remembering David had driven her there, back to the Malibu beach house.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really enjoyed the dream wondrful

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the dream fits quite well into the story apart from the happy ending. I wonder if it might be better with the dream shortened but leave it with Hallie searching for an ending, then finish the chapter with her waking up in a disoriented sort of way. Maybe bring Abby in to ask what's happened with David.

One other point, I did wonder how she got from the party where she dumped David, remembering David had driven her there, back to the Malibu beach house.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i say more emo then goth but ehyyyyyy i liked it hahaha nice chapter

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some dream!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

652 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..