Avaricious

Avaricious

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO

The smeared lipstick reminds Emery how quickly Ares had fallen for her charm.Abraham would surely forgive her prior mistake now.She sits down, smiling at her reflection in the vanity. She brushes her hair into a soft braid.The door swings open violently to reveal an enraged Victoria.
"Didn't I tell you to stay away from him!" The woman screams as she throws an item into the mirror causing it to shatter.
Emery remains seated uninterrupted by the intrusion.
"You know that's seven years of bad luck Victoria," she says pretentiously.
After wiping a few tiny shards from her lap, Emery stands up and closes the distance between her and the woman. 

'I don't see what Abraham loves about you so much.' she says slowly circling Victoria.

 "Constant mood swings, aggression, and dripping with jealousy.Don't get me wrong. I can totally see why you like Ares so much.He does taste amazing." Emery pauses for a reaction.

Victoria slaps Emery causing her lip to split open.Fresh blood now accompanies the faded lipstick.

Emery reaches back to return the favor. Abraham snatches her arm in mid-air.
"Well, I am glad I decided to drop in.What a shameful way for young ladies such as yourselves to behave wouldn't you agree?"  Abraham locks eyes on Victoria while his grip tightened on Emery's arm. He pulls Emery up slightly to correct her posture. 
"Now run along and get cleaned up.I really must have a word with my darling" He says pointing to the door.
Emery exits the room angrily.
"Sit," Abraham said, as he indicated to a nearby chair to Victoria.
Victoria stands motionless not acknowledging Abrahams request.
"It wasn't a request!" Abraham said raising his voice.
The chair radiates a purple glow before slamming into the back of her legs causing her to sit down.Victoria runs her hands on her crimson dress trying to smooth the wrinkles away.Abraham leans down placing a hand on each arm of the chair.
"The pages.Where are they?" He asks firmly
"What pages" Victoria replies turning her head away.
Abraham snatches her chin in his hand forcing her to look at him.
"The pages that are missing from all seven books.All of them are choosing their actions on free will!." He slams his hands hard down on the chair, causing Victoria to jump.
Abraham takes a few steps away from her chair.He clenches his fists at his sides.
"I know you have been tampering with this round. I wrote each of these seven stories down to the last detail. However, they act in unpredictable ways.
Free will, the downfall of the human world.The council is put in place to correct their behavior.Create a perfect society.Here you are trying to save these lost souls.Not just the boy but others.Your choice to keep some will kill others.The pen is mine my dear, and I am the game master.The keeper of all the books.I decide who gets a new story or whose tales should live locked away in Purgatory.Now the pages my dear. Abraham opens his hand towards Victoria.
"Trade my life for theirs" she whispers casting her eyes to the ground in defiance.
Abrahams laughs 
" My father wrote your story magnificently.Such an elegant creature.I couldn't bear when you made that unfortunate mistake.Father was just about to file your story away in purgatory.I altered a few pages, and here we are together, immortal.Funny how things work out isn't it? 
We can spend it at each other's throats or happily.Your decision.If you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to." Abraham says in a hasty manner 
He takes a few steps towards Victoria stroking her dark hair.
"If I were you I would forget about the boy.Your sacrifice was noble, but he just can't be fixed.Soon enough his story will be filed away like the rest of them.I will expect the missing pages to be present on my desk by morning.Sleep well" Abraham leans in kissing Victoria's head softly before he exits the room.
Victoria's angry tears stream onto the floor.
.




© 2016 HeyJadeXO


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Change this...The door swings open violently revealing an angry woman.

To this..........The door swings open violently to reveal an angry woman.

'I don't see what Abraham loves about you so much' - put the inverted brackets at the end.

Change this.... He slams his hands on the chairs causing Victoria to jump.

To this............He slams his hands hard down on the chairs, causing Victoria to jump.

Change this....."Sit." Abraham indicates a nearby chair to Victoria.

To this............."Sit." Abraham said, as he indicated to a nearby chair next to Victoria.

Change this......"It wasn't a request !" Abraham raises his voice.

To this............."It wasn't a request!" Abraham said, raising his voice.

I can see improvements all the time Jade. Your story still intrigues me as to where it is going to go next. You are telling a great story from one chapter to the next, I know how difficult that can be but you are doing a good job here.

Mark.



Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you Mark.I am working on your edits now for both chapters =]

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

740 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016


Author

HeyJadeXO
HeyJadeXO

West Haven, CT



Writing
Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Personified Personified

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Masquerade Masquerade

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Her Her

A Poem by Giulia King


I can... I can...

A Poem by Zephyr