CHAPTER 10: MAN AND WIFE

CHAPTER 10: MAN AND WIFE

A Chapter by Nicholaa Spencer
"

Alynna realizes just how Cullan means to her, and she is determined to bring every memory of him with her when she leaves his life for good...if Cullan can fulfill his promise of divorce.

"
Chapter 10: Man And Wife

 

Alynna went down for breakfast and noticed that Cullan was not around. She did not bother to look for him; he could have left for work an hour ago. Alynna purposely woke up late to avoid seeing him before he leaves.


She savored her coffee and buttered rolls as she scanned the morning newspaper. There was nothing much on the news for today, so she rolled it up and left it on the kitchen counter. She planned on riding her bike the whole morning to ease her stress, and a good start to condition her body is a nice, refreshing breathe of the morning air.


Alynna grabbed her coffee and went outside. This would have been another perfectly fine day, if only last night did not happen-


Why is the Bugatti still here? Alynna suddenly thought when she saw Cullan’s car still parked outside. If he went to work, this outrageously expensive car should be nowhere of her sight.


Alynna started to worry. It is not of Cullan to skip his work.


Alynna went back inside the house and entered the guest room. Cullan was there, sleeping soundly under the bed covers. She sighed. His misadventures last night surely had sapped out all his energy. Alynna decided to leave him alone, but she stopped at the doorway.


There was something not quite right about him.


Alynna walked beside the bed and gently tugged the covers away. Cullan never sleep with even a thin blanket covering his face, and the way she saw him today, drowning in sheets, bothered her.


Alynna gasped when she saw how bad Cullan’s shape was.


He had a bruise under his eye, small wounds on his face, and his lower lip was cut, although it was not too bad. His arms had been scraped and showed signs of minor swelling, there was a frown in his face, and he was perspiring too heavily.


“Oh dear. Why didn’t I see this last night?” Alynna murmured as she touched Cullan’s forehead. He was burning with fever.


“I’m so sorry!” Alynna fervently whispered as she rushed to the kitchen to look for medicine and supplies needed to get Cullan’s fever down. She felt very guilty. Alynna jealously thought that Bella already took care of Cullan’s injuries, and her unreasonable thinking made her overlook the mess her husband was in. They even talked for a few moments last night, and she never noticed his bruises and wounds or rather, her anger made her care not at all for her to see that he needed help.


Alynna gathered a basin of cool water, face towels, hydrogen peroxide, and cotton balls to be used in cleaning and covering his wounds. She also took fresh shirt and boxers from Cullan’s closet for him to change into. Lastly, she grabbed some toasts and milk for his breakfast, and then a bottle of cool water and Tylenol for his fever and body pains.


Alynna brought all of the stuff to the guest room and moved a stool beside the bed. When she started giving Cullan a sponge bath, Cullan woke up.


“Damn…not there…” Cullan murmured when Alynna patted his wound on his face with a wet towel.


“Cullan, it’s me, Alynna.” Alynna said in a soothing voice. Cullan focused his eyes on her.


“Oh. Alynna.”


“Hush now. Close your eyes. I will take care of you.”


“I’m…sorry.” Cullan whispered, wincing in pain as Alynna dabbed the wet towel under his eye.


“It’s alright. You can explain later. Just rest for now. You’re with me.” Alynna said soothingly. Cullan murmured incoherent words before closing his eyes. He would moan in pain occasionally especially when Alynna put the hydrogen peroxide on his wounds, but Alynna soothed him with nonsense words. When he was cleaned and his wounds were tended to, Alynna handed Cullan his fresh shirt, underwear, and boxers.


“Change into these; it will make you feel more comfortable. Call me when you’re done.” Alynna said and then walked to the door. Cullan grumbled.


“The wounds on my arms are still fresh and painful. You change my clothes.” Cullan said, his voice a little softened, like a child requesting for something an adult cannot possibly resist. Though his wounds were painful and his body felt gooey, he can change his clothes if he wanted to, but right now, he enjoys talking to his wife this way. Just seeing her makes him rejuvenated; her presence is much stronger than any medicine he can take.


“How should I do that without seeing your…your nudity?” Alynna asked uncomfortably. Cullan fell back to the bed.


“We’re married now. Do we really have to pretend you haven’t yet seen my-”


“I haven’t, and you know it!” Alynna interjected, not wanting him to say the word for that body part. She felt shy to talk about anything related to that area of marriage, let alone see the actual thing.


“Then I will not change my clothes; it will hurt my wounds. I know you’re angry with me and I understand if you don’t want to help me…”


“That’s not true, Cullan. I was only-”


“Sweetheart, if you really want me to feel better, please do this one for me.” Cullan insisted. He could see his wife’s resistance breaking. Why not? Other women will melt in his stares, and will swoon in delight upon his request.


“Alright! But I need you to close your eyes and…don’t open them unless I tell you so.” Alynna said, finally agreeing. Cullan smiled and was happy to feel that his lower lip does not hurt much now. He watched her move beside his bed and prepare the blanket she will use to cover his lower extremities.


“Close your eyes.”


*

 

Alynna's hands were shaking as she slowly pulled Cullan’s shirt over his head. She carefully stretched the shirt sideways, so as not to touch Cullan’s arms. She was angry with him, yes, but it did not change the fact that Cullan makes her feel emotions that she never imagined she could feel, and the way her heart beats faster and her skin becoming a thousand times more sensitive with just her hands touching him is an undeniable proof of their uncalled-for but sizzling attraction to each other.


“Sweetheart, your hands are shaking.”


Alynna almost lost her grip on his shirt when Cullan said that, but she managed to pull the shirt over his head. She put it above the stool.


“I’m sorry, Cullan. I cannot do this-”


“Can you just leave me without a shirt? It’s a burden having it when my arms are like this.” Cullan said, cutting off whatever Alynna was going to say. Cullan stretched his arms and back, and the way his muscles �" and abs �" flexed made Alynna more uneasy.


Cullan watched happily as different emotions played in his wife’s face. She was nervous, shy, and afraid all at the same time, but the mysterious look on her eyes told him a different story.


He will definitely remember that look for the rest of his life.


“Cullan, I can’t-”


“The boxers, sweetheart. I’m closing my eyes now.” Cullan whispered and lay back to the bed.


“Your legs are fine. You can change your underwear and boxers by yourself.” Alynna insisted. Cullan opened his eyes.


“I can’t stretch my arms. They’re a little swollen.” Cullan answered, though it was an exaggeration. He knew he can do the task himself. The reason why he was playing the role of a sick and battered patient is to at least be able to talk to Alynna. Added to that, he wanted to get close to her. For him, it felt like years since he slept with Alynna. Pity how a quarrel can make one of the couple miss the other, like they were not seeing each other at all.


“Are your eyes closed?”


“Yeah.”


Alynna slowly pulled the covers off. Her hands were clammy, and her breath hitched a knot. She can almost hear her heart beating very fast.

She closed her eyes as she pulled the boxers off, not even looking at his-


“Sweetheart.”


She did not dare open her eyes.


Alynna felt Cullan’s hands as he held her in her hips, and slowly turned her around. She’s now facing the window opposite the bed.

“Don’t turn around. I’m changing.” Cullan said. Alynna can hear the rustling of clothes and covers, and after a few minutes, Cullan held her hips again as he guided her to sit beside him. She opened her eyes and was surprised to see that Cullan was already sitting upright, leaning on the headboard. They were only an arm apart. He did not let go of his hold on her.


“Thank you. I just can’t do that-”


“Hey, stop that. I was just teasing you a while ago. I can’t let you do it all the way, or…”


“Or what?” Alynna asked. She felt Cullan’s hands tighten their hold on her hips before he answered.


“I might lose control and pull you to this bed with me.”


Alynna blushed a bright red. How can he talk about that right now?


“Can I ask you to please listen to me? Give me a chance to explain.” Cullan pleaded, looking straight into her eyes. Alynna considered his request. Honestly, she would rather not hear anything about what happened last night, but she remembered what her Uncle Fabian always told her: Give chance to others, as how God gives everyone a chance.


“Yes.” Alynna answered. Cullan was relieved.


“Bella and I…we never had any relationship. Back in Malibu, when we kissed at the yacht, that was the first time I enjoyed kissed a woman that much. You are my greatest temptation, Alynna, and you set me on fire. But when you told me you still want to be a nun, I had to stop, because if I didn’t, I would have taken you to the bedroom where we would have…”


Cullan stopped and stroked Alynna’s hips with his warm hands. He leaned in closer, and his forehead rested on hers. Their lips were very close to touching, and Cullan’s warm hand held her hips in place while the other caressed her back, from the base of her spine upwards, then down again. Alynna was weakened by his touch, her thoughts drifting away.


“When Bella showed up and practically threw herself on me, I kissed her. Passionately. I am very sorry, Alynna. I have no defense for that. But I want to let you know that when I kissed her, it was you who was on my mind. If you had never wanted to be a nun, I would have kissed you like that. I would have laid you on the table and touched you the way I wanted to. The way you wanted to. You would have lost yourself with desire, confident that I will be there to bring you to heaven and back. You can get angry all you want; you can hate me. But promise me that you will think of forgiving me afterwards. Just…think of it. Consider it. That will be good enough for me.”


Alynna listened to him fervently. Does he have any idea how his words affected her while his hands roamed on her back? It was almost as bad as watching pornographic materials, and she never watched one. His words and touch clouded her judgment, and she cannot think of anything rational when that happens.


“Alynna.” Cullan whispered as he completely pulled her to him in a tight embrace. Alynna caught her breath when she felt Cullan’s warm body touching hers. Alynna put her hands against the headboard to support herself, and her head rested on Cullan’s shoulders.


“Your mother lied to me. She invited us on a masquerade ball organized to surprise your father on their ‘anniversary’, and I told her we would not be coming. I told her I don’t want you to feel awkward meeting Bella this early when you know that she was supposed to be the one I married. I understood how important our presence was, but I said I do not care if gossips spread because of our absence, so she assured me that your sister will not be attending because she was with her husband. I know that what happened at the ball could have been avoided if I told you earlier that the woman with me in the library that day was Bella. I am so sorry, sweetheart. I know I could never keep it a secret forever, but I just can’t risk losing you.”


Cullan’s voice was full of emotions that Alynna could not keep her tears from falling. She misjudged Cullan; she should have never assumed that this man purposely brought her to the ball to make her look stupid. Now that she thought of that, Cullan never hurt her intentionally. He was the one protecting her always, and her lack of trust on him showed how ungrateful she was.


“Cullan…”


Cullan pulled back from Alynna and stared at her tear-stained face. He carefully wiped the tears off with his hands.


“You should have never kissed her.”


“I know Alynna, and that’s why I am so sorry-”


“You should have kissed me.”


Cullan stared at her, surprised. Did he hear her correctly?


“Sweetheart, I don’t think you understood-”


“When we divorce, you will be back to your old life: busy work schedule, ultimate freedom, beautiful women all over you…while I will go back to Italy, forget that I was once married, and start anew as I enter the convent. I will never be the same again after that. I will be a bride of the church, and I will give myself to the Lord until I die. I will never do anything just for myself again, but only for God and His works. When I enter the convent, I will leave my past outside the door. There is no turning back.” Alynna said decisively. Cullan held her face in his hands.


“Why then? Why would you want that? You will have nothing left.” Cullan asked in a hard tone. Alynna smiled, almost sadly, as she shook her head.


“I will have my memories of you. I will never leave that outside the door.”


*

 

Alynna did not protest when Cullan suddenly grabbed her hips and pulled her toward him, kissing her passionately. Their eyes closed, savoring every second of every moment. Cullan’s right hand fisted on her hair, while the other held her to him, every inch of their body touching. Alynna responded in equal passion, letting him know how she loves every piece of him. Cullan tilted her head to the side, deepening their kiss until Alynna was so weak with ardor that she slowly fell sideways to the bed. Cullan lay beside her, never breaking their kiss as his hand moved from her hair to her shoulders, stroking her.


“Alynna…”


Alynna’s hands went up to Cullan’s nape, teasing his slightly long hair. Cullan felt hotter and hotter as every second passed, as his wife’s hands are stroking a wildfire inside him. He grabbed her hands from his nape and put them on her sides, but Alynna found a new spot to hold on to.


She used her hands to hold on to the hips of his boxers, almost pushing it down.


“God.” Cullan swore in mixed desire and frustration. He can feel how his hard manhood throbs, and he did not want to think if he could ever stop this time.


Cullan took the blanket and covered both of them with it as he positioned himself over Alynna. His arms were a little painful as he used them for support to avoid crushing Alynna, but he did not care. Alynna pulled his head to her and kissed him heatedly. Cullan was losing control with his lovely wife’s reaction to his touch.


Alynna opened her eyes when she felt Cullan’s hand pulling the strap of her dress down, and Cullan paused, silently asking for her permission. Alynna’s eyes glowed unmistakably with unfathomable desire.


“If you don’t want to…”


Alynna turned to her stomach and put Cullan’s hand on her dress’ zipper.


“Do it for me, Cullan.”


Cullan pulled the zipper down, his heart beating fast. He wished he could slow down with Alynna, but her eyes and lips tell him otherwise. Alynna turned to her back to face him, and he watched as Alynna slid down the straps of her dress to her waist. Cullan’s throat felt dry.


Alynna was naked to her waist.


“So beautiful…” Cullan whispered. He relished the moments memorizing how beautiful his wife was. Her black curls as dark as the night clouded her face, like an innocent angel with her halo. Her cobalt blue eyes glowed darkly with desire, her damp lashes curled beautifully at the tips. Her cheeks blushed like fresh, ripe apple, and her wet lips parted temptingly, begging to be kissed again. Her bare shoulders were as white as lily, and her breasts…


They are the most beautiful breasts he had ever seen, and he had seen many. Their perfect roundness, and the pink n*****s made his mouth �" and his manhood �" ache for more.


“Sweetheart, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever been with.” Cullan murmured as he bent down to kiss Alynna fervently, his hands touching her sides, but not reaching her breasts. Alynna whimpered, her toes curling.


“Kiss me hard.” Cullan commanded and did not wait for her answer before he went back to kissing her, gently sucking and teasing her tongue. Alynna was crazed. She responded feverishly, kissing, sucking, and licking Cullan’s lips. Cullan groaned deeply; he cannot reign in his need anymore.


He fully cupped one of Alynna’s breasts with his hands, while he teased the other with his skillful tongue. Alynna moaned so loud it was lucky they are the only people living in the house. Cullan let her moan as loud as she wanted to; the sounds she was making were pushing him closer to the edge. Cullan pinched her n*****s hard, and then licked them softly as if comforting them. Her breasts felt firm, and exactly the size of his hand, as if they were made to be touched by him. Only him. Alynna went crazy with desire.


“Oh Cullan…”


“Alynna,” Cullan whispered, his voice breaking with desire, “Tell me to stop now. Just one more kiss and I cannot stop anymore, whatever you say then. So do it now.”


Alynna looked into Cullan’s eyes. This wonderful man, who cared for her so much, is here with her now, in this bed, giving him the choice. She knew they will separate soon, and they will go on with their own lives. Cullan will have many women, and she will just be one of the hundreds he cannot even remember now. Her eyes turned teary.

But she will never forget him.


For he is the only man she had ever loved.


“I want this to happen, Cullan. Let me bring back this memory to Rome with me.” Alynna said, tears running down her face. Cullan’s eyes flashed with determination.


“The hell with Rome. You are never going anywhere.” Cullan said almost angrily and he kissed Alynna, quelling all her objections. Cullan slowly removed her dress and underwear, leaving her whole body naked to him. He stood up and removed his clothes, never leaving Alynna’s eyes. The hell with Rome and anywhere else; he will never let her leave him.


Alynna was nervous and thrilled at the same time. Can she do this right? She wanted to give her all to Cullan, before she leaves his life.


She wanted to have all of him, even just this once.


Cullan moved on top of her and kissed her lips and neck, while his hand parted her thighs. Alynna held on to his shoulders.


“Sweetheart, do you trust me?” Cullan asked, his voice hoarse.


“Yes.”


Cullan looked at his wife’s face and vowed to make this easier for her. There is no need to say it aloud; he knew she is a virgin.


His first virgin.


He kissed her languidly as his hand touched the insides of her thighs, and when he hit that spot, he found her very wet and ready. Cullan teased her there, making her moan seductively. He stroked her fire in her most sensitive part, making her gyrate in his hand. Cullan groaned. He used his middle finger to enter her, and Alynna’s head thrashed against the pillows. Cullan hushed up her moans by kissing her, while he was giving her pleasure below. Cullan cannot hold on anymore. He slowly withdrew his finger and positioned himself at her womanhood.


Cullan kissed Alynna softly as he plunged inside her in one stroke, breaking the seal of her virginity. Alynna cried in pain, her fingers grazing his shoulders so deep it drew blood. Cullan felt her very tight, and she was squeezing his throbbing manhood it was too hard for him to stay still. Alynna was pushing him away, but Cullan calmed her by his kisses.


“Hush, sweetheart. The pain will not be long now. Trust me.” Cullan whispered, all the while restraining himself from moving. It was a terrible ordeal for him, when his whole body screams for more. Cullan clenched his teeth. If only his wife can read his thoughts, she might faint in fright.


After a few moments, Alynna’s breaths calmed down and she started kissing Cullan’s lips, chin, neck, collarbones, down to his shoulders and to his chest. Cullan thought she was still not ready so he just moved torturously inch by inch, the slowness making him impatient and burn for more. Whenever he moves, she squeezes him so tight he thought he was inside a very fitted glove.


Cullan lost his composure when Alynna licked his n*****s and sucked on them. Cullan groaned loudly as he pulled his manhood inside her, and drove it again. Alynna cried in pleasure. Cullan withdrew from her fully and entered her again in full stroke, driving it home. They both moaned loudly as he lost all of his remaining control and went in and out in hard, fast, and deep strokes. Alynna screamed in pleasure and held on tight to Cullan as he pushed all the way, the bed rocking with their lovemaking. Alynna was on the edge.


She was soaring high to a blissful place she never knew existed, and she was so happy it was Cullan who took her there.


“Cullan!”


Warmth flooded inside her as Alynna reached the peak, and Cullan drove inside to the hilt before exploding inside her. Alynna gripped him tight, while he released all of him to her. They were both struggling to catch their breaths, and Cullan tiredly rolled to his wife’s side after long moments. He will never forget this moment.


No, he will never forget every moment in his life with Alynna on it.


“Alynna…” Cullan murmured, but she did not answer.


He smiled when he saw that his wife was already in a deep sleep, her breasts rising and falling slowly in a steadier rhythm. Cullan pulled her hair away from her face, and kissed her softly in her forehead. He took time covering their bodies with the blanket that fell off during their heated lovemaking, and afterwards he tucked her in his arms, embracing her so lovingly.


He never did that to any woman before.


“I love you so much.” Cullan whispered before falling asleep.


*

 

Cullan expected his wife to be regretful after she gave herself to him, but she surprised him by being much more open and caring. Cullan almost believed that Alynna was already into being a real ‘wife’, but whenever he gets his hopes up, he dashes it as soon as possible. He did not want to live with a false expectation, for he feared that he might not be able to live with it.


But it does not mean he is not savoring every second of their happy, albeit temporary married life.


Alynna wakes up every morning earlier than usual to prepare a sumptuous breakfast for Cullan. She cooks authentic Italian dishes and bakes her mouth-watering Panini, and one morning, Cullan jokingly said that she wanted him to get fat. Alynna answered him with a sweet kiss that led them to the bedroom. Cullan was late for work that day.


When he gets home, Alynna is there to welcome him with wonderful, slow cooked casseroles: manicotti, crescent casserole, green bean casserole, enchilada casserole…all accompanied by her terrific garlic bread. Name it, and his wife will cook it. Cullan did not know what he wanted to taste first when he comes home from work: the exemplary dishes or the exemplary cook. Alynna once suggested that he choose both.


At night, they always stay up late doing all sorts of activities. They complete ridiculously hard jigsaw puzzles, watch “The Amazing Race” and bet on the players, share a pint of Berkey Brickle ice cream while having Harry Potter marathon, massage each other, and ‘camp’ on their room using a makeshift tent from their huge blanket. Cullan and Alynna also did not forgo of their ‘monkey interview’, and they were so used to doing that every night that they cannot go to sleep �" or make love �" without doing it first. It became a ritual, something personal that only they know about.


If only Cullan can change her mind about being a nun, he would be very glad to do so.


 

“If you could be a Disney princess for a day, who would you like to be?” Cullan asked during their ‘monkey interview’ for that night. They were lying side by side inside their makeshift tent, the bedside lamp outside casting a faint light inside the tent. Alynna thought for long minutes.


“I like to be no one.”


“Why not?”


“Why would I?” Alynna asked, turning sideways and propping her elbow up so she can look down on Cullan’s very handsome face. “I am a princess now, and happily married to the most handsome, caring, and handsome prince there ever is.”


“You said ‘handsome’ twice.” Cullan reminded her. Alynna laughed.


“Did I? Well, that cannot be helped, because one ‘handsome’ is not enough to describe how gorgeous my prince is. Let my friends Snow White and the others envy me.” Alynna answered with a brilliant smile. To hell with Helen; his wife’s smile will launch a thousand ships, Cullan said proudly to himself.


“Only two ‘handsome’ then?” Cullan asked. Alynna chuckled.


“How many do you want? Handsome, handsome, handsome, handsome, handsome, hand-”


Cullan was so pleased he grabbed his wife and kissed her sensually. Alynna responded in equal fervor.


They slept inside their tent that night.


*

 

“Your uncle is doing great, bambina. Luckily, his cancer has not reached terminal stage, and the doctors told us that he is on the road to recovery. Father Fabian is now thinner and a bit weaker because of the medicines and his chemotherapy, but you can see in his eyes that he is well. He will gain weight again once he finishes the chemo.” Sister Marian happily said on the phone, and Alynna was smiling in equal happiness. She will not lose his uncle, his real family, after all. He will recover and they will share more long years of happy lives.


“Can I…speak to Uncle, Sister?” Alynna asked. Since she left Rome, she had always stayed in touch through Sisters Marian and Theresa, but she never got the chance to speak to her uncle. Maybe now, she can have the chance.


“He’s awake now, Alynna. I will pass the phone to him.”


“Thank you, Sister.”


Alynna waited patiently on the line. How should she greet him? Happy? Sorry? She did not ask for his permission when she left. For the first time in her life, she feared speaking to her uncle.


“Alynna?” Father Fabian said on the phone.


“Uncle?”


“Yes, this is me, bambina. How are you…doing? Is your husband treating you well?”


“Yes, Uncle. Cullan is very kind to me.” Alynna answered, happiness blooming in her chest when she was reminded of her husband. She woke up with a long-stemmed white rose on her hand that morning, and a little note tied on its smooth stem that said, “You made it incredibly hard for me to leave our bed, knowing you are there”. Alynna smiled at that. Her heart also calmed down when she heard her uncle’s voice. He sounded happy to be able to talk to her, and Alynna felt relief.


“Sister Theresa told us how your husband treated you on your wedding. He seems like a good man.” Father Fabian said. Alynna gave a little laugh.


“He is, Uncle. Don’t worry. I cannot ask for more. He is very kind and accommodating to me.” Alynna assured her uncle. Somehow, she felt uncomfortable telling the priest about her ‘feelings’ for her husband. Father Fabian made agreeing sounds.


“How is your father and stepmother’s treatment of you?”


“They…they are alright, Uncle. We don’t see each other much, but when we do, we have…good times.” Alynna answered. It was the first time that she lied to her uncle, but she would rather lie and beg for God’s forgiveness later than tell the truth and have her uncle’s condition worse. As she is far away from Italy, the least she could do is not to let her uncle worry about her.


“I am hoping that we see each other soon, bambina. We feel incomplete without you.”


That’s it. Alynna cried on the phone, unable to contain her emotions any longer. She told Father Fabian how much she misses them all, and how often she thinks of them every day. Father Fabian’s voice shook as he comforted her niece. He was sorry for being a burden to her, and how his sickness led her to a life she did not envision for herself before.


Father Fabian felt guilty throwing her niece in a den of lions.

“Uncle, don’t blame yourself! I wanted to do this. Before, I was miserable just thinking of being here in the US, but Cullan made my stay here the happiest of my life. He always stood by me, and he showed me how important I am. He is-”


“You sound in love, bambina.”


Alynna was silenced. How could her uncle…?


“No need to explain, child. An old man knows much about life to know that his niece is in love. I am grateful to your husband, for keeping you safe when your sickly uncle cannot do it for you. Please let him know that, will you?” Father Fabian said in a happy tone. Alynna burst into tears.


“Uncle…about my dream of being a nun…”


“Oh, that. Well, it seems that God has other plans for you, isn’t? I suggest that you rethink of your future. Go would not want an unwilling bride of the Church. When you give yourself to the service of God, you should have your whole mind, body and soul dedicated to Him. If you are having second thoughts, or you are confused, choose the path where you will be happier and more fulfilled. God will always help you, and you can always serve Him to the best of your ability, a nun or not.”


Alynna wiped her tears away, but they kept on falling from her eyes. Her uncle always understood her.


“I am looking at your wedding pictures taken by Sister Theresa. You are perfect in a wedding dress, bambina.” Father Fabian commented. Alynna heard the laughter of Sister Theresa and Sister Marian on the background, and she laughed and cried at the same time.


“Uncle?”


“Yes, Alynna?”


“Will you marry us again, Cullan and I, when you are fully healed?”

There was silence, and Alynna’s heart skipped a beat when her uncle answered.


“Of course, child. I will be honored.”



© 2015 Nicholaa Spencer


Author's Note

Nicholaa Spencer
Thank you for reviewing Marrying A Wannabe Nun! All reviews, feedback, and suggestions are welcome, although I am requesting that your review be published after finishing my book. Marrying A Wannabe Nun is on Goodreads too, if you want to drop by and post your review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: romance, love story, heartwarming, passion, love, family, pain, tragic, arranged marriage, businessman, romeo and juliet, romantic, sweet, nicholaa spencer


Author

Nicholaa Spencer
Nicholaa Spencer

About
Nicholaa Spencer is the author of the romance novel, "Marrying A Wannabe Nun". She studied Information Technology in one of the premiere technological colleges in the Philippines and then took creativ.. more..

Writing