CHAPTER 15: DOWNFALL

CHAPTER 15: DOWNFALL

A Chapter by Nicholaa Spencer
"

As Cullan searches for Alynna, he finally comes face-to-face with the man who started all of Alynna's hardships in life. Will Cullan prevail over Marcus?

"
Chapter 15: Downfall

 

Marcus sat on Cullan’s office in New York, sipping coffee. Cullan called him days before to discuss something important, and the young man sounded very happy. Had he had new acquisitions? Marcus asked himself bitterly.


He’d better be, Marcus thought, because he will be asking for Cullan’s financial help. He will borrow a large sum of money supposedly for Hall Enterprise. It was very unfortunate that her dumb daughter left Cullan Rothschild. If she had been more cooperative, it would have been easier to push his plans through, especially since Bella cannot even ensnare the young business tycoon.


The door opened and Cullan entered. The men greeted each other a good morning and then Cullan sat on the chair behind his desk. Marcus pulled on his necktie, as if preparing.


“I am very busy today Mr. Hall, so I want us to get to the point. Please have these documents reviewed.” Cullan said as he handed the older man a folder. Marcus started to read.


It did not take 10 seconds for Marcus’ eyes to bulge in disbelief, and then anger. Cullan remained passive.


“You…you cannot do this!” Marcus exclaimed, standing up so abruptly he toppled the chair he was sitting on.


“Contrary to your belief, I certainly can, Mr. Hall. We have more than sufficient evidence that you are exploiting Hall Enterprise’s funds to fund your elusive new company. As we have merged companies, not informing me and the Board of Directors of what you are doing with the funds is unlawful. You should know better. You would not have hidden this if you know you are not guilty. We also found evidences of you spying for DeWitt Group.” Cullan said calmly but with a decisive voice. Marcus’ hands shook.


“What will you do, huh, Rothschild? Throw me to jail?” Marcus asked, laughter and fear combined in his shaky voice. Cullan shook his head.


“I am itching to do just that, but I know that it will not be what my wife wants to happen.”


“Oh, you mean my runaway daughter? Did you find her then?”


“Yes, and in fact, I have a scheduled flight today going to her. I will have her back and I will never let anyone, even her family, use her for their evil schemes ever again. And if I find out anyone who hurt even a strand of her hair, I will kill that goddamn a*****e. Do you understand, Mr. Hall?” Cullan said, his eyes boring to the older man’s twisted face. Marcus Hall, Cullan realized, must have drown in his ambitions and love for greater wealth, that he had successfully ruined himself and his family.


“Also,” Cullan said, “Rothschild International Corporation releases Hall Enterprise from the merging. All acquisitions of Hall Enterprise from the day we merged will remain with you. Just consider that this kindness is not for you, but for your daughter. You will never have any business with any Rothschild-owned company again. You will never contact our company and my wife in any form. Your wife and other daughter will not be allowed to talk to Alynna. If these conditions are broken, I will sue you for every criminal liability that you have in our company, and that is plenty. Are these clear enough?”


“Damn you! You cannot do this to me!”


“As what I said earlier, I can. You will receive all the documents needed to break the merging in the next days. I will make sure this will be processed at the soonest time possible.” Cullan said, finality obvious in his voice. Marcus Hall clenched his fist before he left without a word.


When the old man left, Cullan called Secretary Wood for them to leave for the airport.


*

 

“She changed her name to Selene Agnelli to throw off anyone her father might hire to look for her. Selene is from her mother’s name Selena, and Agnelli is Sister Marian’s surname. She is now living in Palermo in Sicily.” Secretary Wood said as their private plane traveled across the skies. Cullan looked out from the window. He will see her again, at last. He will ask her to be with him again. He will assure her that her family will now stop ruining their marriage.


He will tell her how much he loves her.


“…but she is not alone every time. The congregation where Sisters Theresa and Marian are included has a small convent in Palermo and during the weekends, she is participating in their charity works. On weekdays, she works as a book editor for low-profile writers.” Secretary Wood said. Cullan realized he lost track of their conversation.


“Secretary Wood, you asked me before why I didn’t sign the divorce papers.” Cullan said. Secretary Wood nodded.


“Yes sir, I did.”


“I didn’t sign the divorce papers…because I don’t want to accept the fact that I lost her. If I signed, it would mean I gave up on us.” Cullan said, not even looking at Secretary Wood. The secretary smiled.


“She means the world to you, sir.”


“Indeed.”


The secretary closed his eyes and took a nap while Cullan continued staring outside, imagining his wife. Would she be pleased to see him? How should he begin talking to her?


Cullan laughed when he realized just how screwed he was when he married a wannabe nun, yet he realized that life is so much more meaningful when there is someone who will make it worth living for.

He is willing to be screwed repeatedly, if it means having Alynna by his side. He will do his best to convince Alynna to come back to him. He would even beg on bended knees if that is what will soften her heart.



© 2015 Nicholaa Spencer


Author's Note

Nicholaa Spencer

Thank you for reviewing Marrying A Wannabe Nun! All reviews, feedback, and suggestions are welcome, although I am requesting that your review be published after finishing my book. Marrying A Wannabe Nun is on Goodreads too, if you want to drop by and post your review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: romance, love story, heartwarming, passion, love, family, pain, tragic, arranged marriage, businessman, romeo and juliet, romantic, sweet, nicholaa spencer


Author

Nicholaa Spencer
Nicholaa Spencer

About
Nicholaa Spencer is the author of the romance novel, "Marrying A Wannabe Nun". She studied Information Technology in one of the premiere technological colleges in the Philippines and then took creativ.. more..

Writing