Anger

Anger

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

Well, at least home is safe... right?

"

The door to my house might as well have a neon sign that says, "Pray All Yee Enter Here- But Mostly You", hanging on the doorknob because I know I'm toast.  My parents are supportive, very supportive, and loving but when grades start going down the toilet, there is hell to pay.  Thanks, Fantastic F and Disasterous Detention, you're my heros.

 

"Mom, Dad, I'm home," I say as I walk into the hallway.  It's quiet inside, why is it quiet?  Where's the almost automatic, "Welcome back, hon-cake!" or whatever other horrific nickname they have in store for me?  Where's the rustling of paperwork or the clanging of pans?  Why am I so panicky?  Why all the questions?

 

"Mom? Dad?" I say again as I wander towards the living room.  There I finally see the homey, naustalgically gross image of my mom and dad sitting side by side, hands held.  But something about it seems off, like Kevin's smile... like the whole day.

 

"Hi, honey," my mom says with a quick smile as she waves me towards the loveseat opposite them.  I slowly sit myself down in it, my eyes glued to my parents.  Did my school already call?  Would they call about my getting an F?

 

"Let me just say this now, before you guys can go off on me.  I studied, I studied really hard-" I began but my mom just shook her head, cutting me off.

 

"It's not about your grades, Amy, though that is something to be discussed," my dad finally said, his face stern and his eyes serious behind his glasses for once.

 

"W-what is it?" I asked.  I glanced from my mom to my dad and I sensed their unease.  My mom shifted uncomfortably and then, shockingly, let go of my dad's hand.

 

"Honey, your father and I have decided to get a divorce," my mom stated, the words echoing through my head.  I shook my head slightly, dazed. 

 

"What?" was my witty reply yet again.

 

"Your mother and I have decided that it's best to seperate," my dad clarified.  I scrunched my forehead in concentration as I tried to look back at the years and find any reason for the seperation.

 

"Why?"

 

"Your father has been... infidel," my mom struggled to say and I blanked.  What the hell did I do to deserve all this crap piled on top of me?  I sprang up from the seat, forcing myself not to cry and ran upstairs without another word to my parents.

 

***

 

911HOTCHICKA says: They'r WAT?

 

I sighed as I threw yet another tissue into my basket, ignoring the 'hushed' voices of my parents arguing in the nearby room.

 

NEEDATISSUE? says:  They're divorcing.  Apparently, there r no guys that I kno who dont go playing 'tongue hide-and-seek' when taken.

 

911HOTCHICKA says: Damn, that sux.  How could he?  I mean, wtf??  And ur mom held his HAND? Lyke it was nothing?

 

NEEDATISSUE? says: Do I have 2 give u a play by play? YES, she did.  Ur point?

 

911HOTCHICKA says: rnt u mad?

 

NEEDATISSUE? says: Um, duh?  I'm pissed off about a lot of things. 

 

There was a knock on the door and I turned towards it, glaring. 

 

"What?" I growled.  A sigh came through my door.

 

"Honey, can we talk?"  My mother asked. 

 

NEEDATISSUE? says: ... gtg.  Parental wants 2 talk.

 

911HOTCHICKA says: Oh s**t.  Good luck.

 

I'd need it.  I logged off my messenger and let the screensaver erase all evidence of my moody episode.



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

stupid break ups.....

Posted 14 Years Ago


hey yea although infidel means unfaithful it is usually used when speaking about unfaithful religious people ie an unbeliever

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG, poor girl. This is the worst day ever! She gets an F, detention, her boyfriend cheats and breaks up with her, to only come home thinking she'd be in trouble about her grades and her parents drop a bomb on her: they're getting divorced. This sucks!
The writing is good, though. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Same...same!!!! This is the kind of story I like to read!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Denial Denial

A Chapter by BodilessSoul