Relapse

Relapse

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

"Amy and Kevin, sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g"

"

"...What?" I stammered as my heart rammed against my rib cage.  I must have been hallucinating.

 

"I said that-" He started when, suddenly, a frisbee thwacked him upside the head. 

 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!"  A very familiar and suspiciously fake voice shrieked from behind.  Kevin groaned as he rubbed the side of his head.  Stacey ran up beside him and picked up the frisbee and flashed a look towards me that was filled with meaning.  Uh-oh.

 

"Jesus, Stacey.  Since when do you play with frisbees?"  Kevin muttered, still wincing.  Stacey smirked while Sam made her appearance beside her.

 

"Since today.  Maybe that's why I hit you right in the head,"  Stacey said in an innocent tone.  I rolled my eyes.  Sam silently made her way over to me and stood beside me.  She pinched me and I almost let out a yelp.  What the hell?  I eyed her and she frowned, slightly jerking her head towards Kevin as if asking "what do you think you're doing?"  I shrugged.  I didn't want to think about it too much.

 

"Well, I guess I'll talk to you later, Amy," Kevin said as he glared at Stacey, who was watching a squirrel.  I bit my lip.  Did I want to talk to him later?  At this point, I didn't know.

 

When he was out of ear shot and looking away, Stacey and Sam yanked me towards the park's exit.

 

"What the f**k?"  Stacey growled as she dragged me to her car.  My eyes widened innocently.

 

"What do you mean?"  I asked, playing my ace, "A"bsentminded.  Stacey glared.  Sam, bless her, intervened before this all turned rated PG-13/R.  She pried Stacey's fingers off me and then calmly shoved me into the car's back-seat.  Soon, they too were in the car; Sam sitting in the passenger seat while Stacey (oh dear) was driving.

 

"Okay,"  Stacey started when she was on the road, "what the hell was that all about?  I saw your face and I so heard his last statement."

 

I sighed, unsure what to say.

 

"Well... you guys did say that I had to kiss him..."  I reasoned.  Sam sighed and Stacey banged her head on the headrest.  Oops.

 

"Are you serious?  Really?  We meant, get him to fall for you, kiss him when we're there with a camera, and then ditch him.  We did NOT mean get him to fall for you, kiss him when you think we're not around, and then live happily never after with that loser,"  Stacey argued, almost slamming into the BMW in front of her.  She honked the horn forcefully as if it was their fault for driving at a reasonable speed.

 

"In my defense, I did not kiss him yet,"  I stated, clinging onto the fabric of the seat.  I did not want to die in a car-pretzel accident.  Especially not with Stacey at the wheel.

 

"Bet you wanted to,"  muttered Sam as she stared ahead at the road, calm as ever.  She had me.  Oo and she knew it too.

 

"Fine, okay, I did.  I wanted to.  I wanted to badly," I said to a groaning response, "Oh for the love of- I can't help it, okay?  I still have feelings for Kevin.  I want him."

 

Stacey dropped her head onto the steering wheel as she suddenly breaked for a red light.  The car in back of her honked car-curse words at her.  Oh god, please don't let me die.

 

"What-" Stacey began.

 

"-are we going to do with you," both of them finished.  I shrugged. 

 

Hey, at least I found out Kevin still loves me... I think.

 

***

 

"Okay.  I got it,"  Stacey proclaimed as she plopped down on my couch.  I eyed her, weary, from the chair across from her.

 

"What?"  I groaned as Sam sat down next to Stacey.  I almost laughed; Stacey and Sam were seated across from me, crouched over with serious faces, while I was sitting in the loveseat- as if this were an intervention.

 

"Forget kissing Kevin.  I think what would really crush him would be if he saw a picture of you and that hunk, David, kissing," Stacey said.  If I had been standing, I would have fallen over.

 

"No way,"  I declared.  No way in hell.  Over my dead body.  No.

 

"Why not?  Just ask him to do you a 'favor'," Sam said with a wag of her eyebrows.  Were these two on crack or something?

 

"That's kinda personal... I mean, a kiss?  How about the illusion of a kiss?"  I suggested.  Stacey and Sam looked at each other for a moment and then shrugged. 

 

"Fine," they said bluntly.  I sighed.  I rather have to kiss Kevin...

 

Stacey snapped her fingers in front of my face and I focused back on them, my reverie of my kissing Kevin gone in a flash.

 

"Focus,"  Stacey said. 

 

"Right, right.  Get David to agree to have a fake kiss.. Right,"  I muttered.  What the hell was I- no, what the hell were they thinking?

 

 



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awe... fake?

well that ruins my plans for the evening......

Posted 14 Years Ago


only gets better O_o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grief Grief

A Chapter by BodilessSoul


Anger Anger

A Chapter by BodilessSoul