Confrontations

Confrontations

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

So many things for Amy to think about, too bad she can't really think at all!

"

"Kevin, are you okay?" I asked, my head spinning.

 

"Of course I am," after a long pause.

 

"You dumped me.  You don't l-"

 

"No, no.  I mean yes.  I mean, Amy, please.  I already told you why I dumped you.  I was being stupid, I was being a guy.  You knew this, so why?  Why'd you do that?"

 

"I was forced," I mumbled half-heartedly.  It was true.

 

"So you were forced into kissing him?" Kevin asked incredulously.

 

"I didn't really kiss him, unlike you," I growled.

 

"Wait, what?" Kevin replied, face as blank as my History test sheet.

 

"Nevermind," I muttered as the bell for third hour rang.  "Look, I gotta go," I continued as I tried to make my way around him.  He cupped my cheeks and made me look him in the eyes.

 

"I love you, Amy, and I want you back.  Don't forget that," he said forcefully.  I nodded my head slightly, his hands making it hard to move.  If he kept this up, I'd be late.  Thankfully, he let me go and I rushed back to the table where Stacey was, her eyes begging for an update.  I shook my head as I grabbed my books and fled the scene of the crime.

 

No gossip for her... yet.

 

***

 

"He what?" I heard her say for the millionth (okay, maybe not millionth) time this week.

 

"He kissed me," I muttered, my eyes glued to the crawling experiment on my lunch tray.

 

"No way," Stacey gapped.

 

"Yes way," I retorted with a sigh.  How long was she going to keep this up?

 

"No."

 

"Yes."

 

"No."

 

"Oh, for crying out loud!  Would you two zip the lips?" Sam interjected before I could tell Stacey to shut up.

 

"Sorry, yeesh.  What's up your pants?"  Stacey snapped.  "No, wait.  I can guess what isn't up your pants today."

 

"Hey, dumb-butt, it's  'up your butt' not 'pants'.  Idiot," Sam growled.

 

"Whatever.  Anyway, I'm guessing dreads guy is a no-show in your Levi jeans," Stacey mocked.

 

"Stacey, go f-... do something," Sam grumbled, her abstinence when it came to curses faltering.  Stacey giggled behind her textbook.  I sighed.

 

"Why all the down faces?  Well, with the exception of Stacey," David said, popping up behind me once again.

 

"Jesus, don't do that," I exclaimed after jumping yet again.  David chuckled as he pulled out the seat next to mine and sat down.  Stacey gave me her caterpillar eyebrow wiggle.  Oh jeez...

 

I was strongly aware of that electric current between David and I as I pretended to take an interest in my food.  Why, oh, why did he have to sit next to me?

 

"Are you seriously going to eat that nasty stuff?" David asked doubtfully.  Uh... no.

 

"Um.  I'm not that hungry," I mumbled.

 

"After looking at that guck for so long, I can see why.  Here, try this," David said, holding a forkful of some green colored spagetti that he'd brought in a container.

 

"Uh... Why's it green?" I asked, creeped out a bit.

 

"It's basil and cilantro.  Trust me, it's good," David assured me.  I slowly took a bite from his fork, feeling as self-concience as ever.

 

"Mm!  It tastes awesome," I commented as I swallowed.

 

"Why, thank you," David said with a grin as he dug in.

 

"You made that?"

 

"Yeah.  I learned from my mom," David admitted.  I couldn't cook for the life of me.

 

"Envy," was all I said back with a shake of the head.  David chuckled in reply.

 

When I took a glance at Sam and Stacey, my stomach went into knots.  If looks could yank out your brain and eat your thoughts, these would have.

 

"Whatever you're tryin to do, stop it," a vicious voice commanded.  I glanced over Sam and Stacey's heads and there was Blondie, in all her glaring glory.

 

"Stop what?" I asked, blanking for a moment.

 

"Stop being such a w***e," Blondie growled as she held up that cursed neon pink paper.

 

"Look here, Bimbo," Stacey and Sam growled, so ready to leap at her and tear her throat out.

 

"Kimberly, I think you need to leave," David calmly stated, though he was glaring daggers at her.  He knew her?

 

"Whatever, David.  I can't believe you're going out with this," Kimberly snarled before strutting off.  She knew him?

 

"You know that witch?" Sam asked David.  He shrugged, avoiding all of our eyes as he intently studied his spagetti.

 

"She's in some of my classes is all,"  he mumbled as he went back to his lunch.

 

I bit my lip, feeling oddly uneasy but at the same time, why would he lie?  I shrugged it off and played with my mush some more.



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow...it's getting juicy, lolz...but still amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 18, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing