Get Laid... I Mean Kissed... For Real

Get Laid... I Mean Kissed... For Real

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

Someone kisses someone and that someone is a mystery~

"

Did I mention how much I want and love normality?  Yes?  Well, I'm saying it again.  I love normality, I want it.  I want to BATHE in it.

 

"Your father is coming over for dinner tomorrow, for your birthday," my mom informed me from the couch as soon as I came into the house.  Whatever happened to the plain and simple "welcome home"?  I was so tired of hearing father this, father that as if everything was normal.  Every day was just another act in this huge charade.  It was so bad sometimes that I just didn't want to come home.

 

"Are you serious?"  I did not want to see him.  At all.

 

"Well, of course, Amy.  He's bringing Trudy with him," my mom added with a plastered smile.  Can you say "fake"?

 

"Oh, so the idiot has a name?" I retorted.  My mom gapped at me.

 

"Amy!  You better keep those kinds of remarks out of the conversation tomorrow.  How rude!" She exclaimed with shock.

 

"This is rediculous, mom.  Why aren't you mad at dad?  Why are you defending his... w***e?"

 

"Amy!"

 

"Oh, shut up, mom!  This is so stupid.  You're supposed to be pissed!  You're not supposed to lie to my face like he did!" I screamed before storming out of the house.

 

I ran all the way to my sanctuary without a second thought.  I was just so sick of her fake smiles, the fake atmosphere, the fake everything.  I just wanted to explode.  Maybe I was overreacting but... I didn't care.  I just couldn't take it.

 

"Amy?" David said from behind the counter as I bulldozed through the door.  Why did he look so worried?  Did I look that bad?

 

I glanced around but neither Sam or Stacey were there.  Finally, my eyes focused in on David, who was standing right in front of me now, his hands on my shoulders.

 

"Amy, are you okay?" David asked.

 

"Huh?  Why'd you ask that?"  Wow, now I was being fake.  David frowned, pulling me in closer to him until his arm was draped over my shoulder.  "Zap!" went the current.  He didn't seem aware of my sudden rigid state and led me to the storage room, flicking on the light as he closed the door.

 

"What's wrong?  Tell me the truth," David said.  I shook my head.

 

"It's nothin.  I just forgot to ask Sam something," I shot off the top of my head.

 

"Then why are you crying?" David asked incredulously as he wiped one of my cheeks with his hand.  My breath caught.  Breathe, Amy, breathe.  Focus.

 

He showed me his hand and it was damp.  Dang, I was crying.

 

I wiped furiously at my eyes, slowly falling apart as I realized the tears wouldn't stop coming.

 

"My parents are divorcing and I just don't understand... I don't understand any of it!" I finally confessed, my hands covering my irritated eyes.  I didn't want David to see me this way, all red and stuffy nosed.

 

I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me into his chest and into a tight, warm hug.  I felt so embarrassed and sad and... happy all at the same time.

 

"You can cry, Amy.  Let it out.  I'm here for you," he murmured against my hair.

 

So I cried while David held me there, safely nestled in his arms.

 

***

 

After a while of bawling my eyes out and drowning the whole world, I sighed, having finally finished.  It was then that I realized that I had unconciously wrapped my arms around David and had the back of his shirt in a deathgrip.  He didn't seem to notice though or maybe he just didn't care.  Whichever it was, he had realized I'd stopped crying because next thing I knew, he was gripping my chin and raising it so that he could examine my [ugly] face.

 

"Sorry about your shirt," I mumbled, my rudolf nose stuffy and all that jazz.  David shrugged.

 

"I feel useless being unable to make you happy in any way other than lending you my shirt as a tissue... and yet," he trailed off, wiping a stray tear from my cheek then lingering at the edge of my lips.

 

Oh my god, oh my god.  I couldn't think.  I couldn't breathe.  I couldn't think about breathing.

 

"And yet?" I asked breathlessly, my heart going two hundred miles per hour.  He simply smiled, tracing the outline of my bottom lip.

 

"And yet, if you'd let me... I could think of a way to help you," David said smoothly.  I could to but, oh, I was so confused!

 

"Oh?" I smartly said.  Could he feel my pacing heart?  Or how tightly my hands were gripping onto his shirt?

 

"Mhmm," he murmured as he leaned in closer to my face.  His breath brushed my, probably, red cheeks.  I slowly lifted my feet until I was on my tippy toes and that's when it happened.

 

David closed the [very] tiny distance between our lips and we kissed in the secrecy of the Starbuck's storage room.  He cupped my cheeks firmly, the electric current yanking at my strings and causing me to move my arms unconciously around his neck.  His hands slid down to my shoulders and then slowly slithered down my back, causing a tingling sensation to crawl up and down my spine.  Did I ever get this feeling with Kevin?  Not that I could recall.  If I could only summerize the kiss in one word, it would have to have been...

 

Bliss.



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awww...this chapter was extremely well written, more so then ever...and it was sweet!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing