Grief

Grief

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

Finally, it hits Amy that, "hey, Kevin just. dumped. you."

"

"Knew it.  I knew it," Stacey exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

 

"Knew what, oh wise one?  Please, inform us for we have no clue of what you speak of," Sam said in exasperation.  She held her head in her hand, slouched forward onto the countertop at our oasis, Starbucks.

 

"Well, I knew that Kevin was a total d****e the minute I saw him and I warned you all that he was a player," Stacey stated with a snobby nod of the head.  Sam rolled her eyes and snorted.

 

"Oh please, all you could warn us about was how hot he was and to... what was the phrase you used? Oh right, 'WARNING: Approach with caution.'" Sam retorted as she slid the guy behind the counter a 'tip' with a wink.  She only gave 'tips' to guys she thought were to die for.  Though, dreadlocks over here was not my taste, then again... so wasn't her ritual Chi Tea concoction.

 

"Exactly my point! Approach with caution, because he's a player," Stacey continued as she picked up her latte.  I dragged myself forward to the register to order. Woe was me.

 

"Grande sized Java Chip with whip cream, please," I droned to the cashier as the other two argued their way to our table.  He nodded, his attention zoomed in on Sam the entire time he took my order.  I waited there, tuning out their babble as I stared at the random lines in the granite counter top.  I only looked up when I heard the familiar 'tap' of my Java Chip's plastic cup hitting the counter and then I just stared.

 

"Um, I ordered a Grande sized, not Venti," I said as I looked up to the guy who'd just handed me my drink.  He was pretty darn cute with dark curls and blue eyes but then my heart remembered that Kevin had blue eyes too.  The cloud that hung over me poured down 'pity me' raindrops.

 

"Yeah, but you look pretty down today so I thought I'd up the dosiage of chocolatey goodness- my treat," he said with a wink.  I smiled lightly. 

 

"Thanks," I replied as I took the cup, our fingers touching for a moment before he withdrew.  He smiled back and shrugged.

 

"No biggy," he said before walking back to the machines, ready to take on the other orders.

 

All eyes were on me as I sat down at our table and I tried, unsuccessfully, to ignore the heavy silence that hung over it.  I took a sip of my drink and bore my eyes into the smiley face sticker that someone had thought to stick on our table.  How thoughtful.

 

"So... Care to fill us in on the Sugar Daddy over there?" Stacey finally said.  I sighed and looked up to meet their questioning looks with the couragousness of a lamb.

 

"Um, okay for one, he's not a Sugar Daddy.  He saw that I wasn't feeling so well so he made my order bigger, free of charge," I said with a shrug.  Stacey's studded eyebrow raised.

 

"Hmph," was all she said.  Sam shrugged, letting it go, and stole a glance at her future loverboy, Mr. Dreads.  I kicked her leg underneath the table and she flinched.

 

"What?" She said, defensive.  I shook my head.

 

"You all are calling Kevin a player but here is the true offender: Sam," I declared with a flick of my straw.  She pulled out her own and thwacked mine with hers. 

 

"Hey, no Straw Wars," Stacey warned as she took a sip from her latte.  Sam and I withdrew our straws from battle.

 

"Lookey here, Amy.  I am not in the same league as Kevin.  I, for one, do not go playing tongue hide-and-seek with other guys when I'm taken.  He, on the other hand, does," Sam stated as she drank her gunk.

 

My shoulders sank.

 

"Oh, s**t.  Come on, Amy.  He's an a*s hole, so stop feeling all mopey.  I mean, really.  Look... you've already got Prince Charming over there hooking you up with Java Chips.  Kevin's missing out on an awesome woman, not the other way around," Stacey said.  I shrugged, my heart wasn't in the conversation anymore.

 

"But I love Kevin and..."

 

"And?" they both asked.

 

"And... he doesn't love me," I finally realized with a gasp.  I could feel the tears gathering and I couldn't help them from falling. "Oh, what the hell! He doesn't love me!" I wailed.

 

"Oh, Holly Guacamole, Stacey! Look what you did!" Sam accused as she tried to comfort me.

 

"What the hell did I do?!" Stacey screeched as she rushed over, accidentally tipping over both her latte and Sam's Chi. 

 

"MY CHI!"

 

"MY LATTE!!"

 

"MY GOD!" I screamed as I ran out of the cafe, leaving my Java Chip cup half empty.



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

chai-latte anyone?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awww, you can't help but feel sorry for Amy as she comes to that realization, but from what I can ascertain, there are prospects on the horizon. She's got some good friends in Sam and Stacey. It's just up to her to accept what she knows is true and move on. Good read, I'm enjoying myself!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm still reading it aren't I? Because...it's AMAZING!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Anger Anger

A Chapter by BodilessSoul