Stand Your Ground... Or Not.

Stand Your Ground... Or Not.

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

Say "Good-bye" to progress

"

David sprayed whipped cream all over the counter, even managing to land some in my hair. I slowly pulled the lock of hair in front of my face, wiping at the junk.

 

"Um, did I say something wrong?"

 

"What did you NOT say wrong?" He retorted as he wiped up the spill from the counter. He shook his head and sighed.

 

"Amy, I don't think you get it. You and Kevin broke up. More precisely, he broke up with you. Not only is it going to be nearly impossible to get him to kiss you but also... you just shouldn't. I mean, have some dignity," David said. I bit my lip.

 

"What if I said I'd like him to kiss me? That I'd like to get back with him and maybe this could help?" I asked, already hearing despair in my voice... along with a tinge of desperation.

 

"What if I said that's stupid, selfish, and not to mention, wrong?" He shot back. I sighed, dropping my head onto the counter. I'd come here just to tell him this, ask his advice, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and this is what he had to say to me.

 

I felt a  hand on my head and lifted myself up a bit to see him smiling down on me.  I pouted and he ruffled my hair with a chuckle.

 

"Giving me the 'puppy look' is not going to change my opinion on this, Amy.  It's stupid.  Anyway, Kevin doesn't deserve to kiss you.  He doesn't deserve the priviledge of having you kiss him,"  He said with a shrug, putting together an order.  I laughed.

 

"Right.  Because it's a god-sent blessing to be kissed by me," I said and rolled my eyes.  He grimaced.

 

"Hey, you never know.  It might be to someone.  And that someone is not Kevin," David continued, eyeing me.  I rolled my eyes.

 

"Fine,"  I muttered, "I'll find a way to persuade Sam and Stacey against the whole thing. Okay?"  David sighed dramatically.

 

"Fine," he said, acting exasperated.  I laughed and gave his hair a ruffle before leaving.

 

***

 

Walking home is hell now.  Mom hops around the house like nothing is wrong, trying to push away the fact that now she's only making dinner for two.  How can she act so oblivious?

 

"Welcome home, honey," Mom calls from the living room as I walk in.  I grumble a hello in return.

 

"You had a call," she continues.  Must be Sam or Stacey.  "From Kevin.  He wants you to call him back."

 

...Well that was new.  I walked to the kitchen and grabbed the phone, twirling the cord around my fingers as I dialed and then waited.  One ring... Two-

 

"Hello?  Amy?"  Kevin's voice answered.  It usually took him 'til the fourth ring to pick up.

 

"Hey, Kev.  What's up?  You called?"  I asked.  My heart was dropping at a dangerous rate.

 

"Yeah! Hey, I've missed you."

 

"Kev, it's been about four days.  Not long enough for you to miss me,"  I muttered.  I heard a sigh.

 

"Amy, look, I'd like to talk to you in person.  Can I come to your house?"

 

"No," I quickly answered.  No way.

 

"Why not?" His disappointed voice replied.

 

"Um, I'll explain later.  How about the park?"  I asked.  There was an immediate response.

 

"Sure!"

 

What was I doing? 



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!

i smell heartbreak!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think I've run out of compliments!!! but, it's still great!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


instead of saying desperate try desperation

Posted 14 Years Ago


and the plot thickens!!! yay! what a good chapter! keep it up missy! chapter number 8, aren't you feelin great?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Anger Anger

A Chapter by BodilessSoul


Grief Grief

A Chapter by BodilessSoul