Get A New Boyfriend (Ish)

Get A New Boyfriend (Ish)

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

A bump in? With Venti-dude? Oh my!

"

 

"Okay, so what did she talk to you about?" Stacey asked, Sam hovering behind her on the steps of the school.

 

"She basically said that she wished she could work things out with him but that my dad made the decision to get a divorce," I said with a shrug, I did not want to get into it.

 

"So... she basically was saying 'I'm a doormat and he could have walked all over me but decided not to'?" Sam said incredulously.  I shrugged again.

 

"I guess.  I mean, it takes balls for him to actually come out and tell her all this," I reasoned halfheartedly.  Stacey scowled.

 

"Took him some balls to cheat and then leave.  What an a*s-"

 

"Could you PLEASE drop it?" I screamed, temperature at boiling point.  "I have enough on my hands without you all badmouthing my f*****g parents," I continued.

 

Stacey looked taken aback by my outburst and I instantly felt bad.  I muttered an apology.  Sam sighed heavily, leaving a huff of smoke in the air.  Unconciously I wrapped my arms around myself.  It was freezing.

 

"Your detention's today?" Sam asked, trying to break the silence.  I shrugged.

 

"You want me to curse in class and grab a detention slip?" Stacey said with a halfhearted smile.  I shrugged.

 

"Look, you gotta stop being like this, Amy.  We're here for you," Sam stated, rubbing my shoulder.  I sighed and watched the smoke hover in front of me.

 

"I know.  I just need some time to be alone... to think and stuff," I mumbled, "so don't go finding yourselves ways to get into detention today, kay?"  They both shrugged, mimicking me.  I rolled my eyes and headed towards my classroom as the schoolbell rang.

 

***

 

Detention is not the most wonderful place, I realized.  Though, maybe it would just be boring and I'd get away with sleeping, but the way my life was going so far... I thought not.

 

"Miss Amy Rodgers, what a wonderful surprise," Mrs. Ginger said, sarcasm just oozing out of her pores.  Great, the stooge of the school was the moderator of detention.  I stiffled a sigh and plopped myself down in one of the many desks, hoping that nobody else would walk through the door and I'd be lucky enough to be stuck in detention alone.  No such luck.  The door burst open, banging against the wall as a large group of guys barreled in.  I sank deeper into my seat, hoping that maybe I'd disappear.

 

"Hey there, Mrs. Ginger, ain't you looking dazzling today," mohawk boy said with a cocky nod.  I groaned internally.  Please don't notice me, please don't notice me, I chanted over and over.  Two of the other boys in mohawk's group narrowed in on me, their eyes outlined with black.  Eyeliner?  On guys?  Never hot, never.  Not even cute.

 

They grinned as they looked me over.  I averted my eyes, staring at the pencil I tweedled with out of boredom and nervousness.  I heard approaching feet and gulped.  I did not need some jerk to mess with me today.  Nor did I need some guy hitting on me, if that were even possible.

 

"Speaking of dazzling, what is this fair creature doing here?" Eyeliner boy #1 asked.  I wanted so bad to get out of here.  The other boy whistled and I bit my tongue.

 

"She's serving time just like you, Thomas.  So sit,"  Mrs. Ginger growled, pointing to a desk.  Thomas glared and made the deliberate move of sitting in the seat behind me.  I held back a sigh as I heard the creak of him leaning forward in his seat.  His other friend sat in the desk in front of me, staring at me.  I twirled the pencil faster between my fingers.

 

"So, sweet thing, are you single?" Thomas asked as I felt him play with a lock of my hair.  What the hell?  I couldn't even say I wasn't.  This pissed me off... enough to say something I usually wouldn't have said.

 

"Yeah and I bet you are too," I said with a roll of the eyes.  He paused from playing with my hair.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"  he asked, offended.  I sighed and pulled my hair away from his grasp, clumping it all onto my shoulder.

 

"I mean that with those horrible lines, you probably don't get many girls," I snapped.  Um, I plead insanity.

 

The friend who sat in front glared at me.  Oh s**t, what did I just do!  Thomas huffed.  

 

"Listen here, bi-" he started but was interrupted by a very sudden action.  Some guy had just planted his butt on my desk.  I really didn't even want to look up to see who the heck was sitting on my desk.

 

"Hey, hey.  Don't use that kind of language with the ladies," the guy said cooly.  I looked up and realized with a drop of the jaw that the dude who was sitting on my desk, cross legged and all, was the guy who'd given me a Venti sized Java Chip.

 

"You- dude-" I stuttered.  He grinned down at me and waved slightly.

 

"You know each other?"  Thomas asked with a scowl.  I rolled my eyes at him.

 

"Yup, she's my girlfriend," He stated.  I almost passed out.

 

"What?  But she just said..." Thomas said, disbelief in his voice.  I couldn't even speak.

 

"Ah, that.  Well, I just said she's my girlfriend so I think it's best you just leave it alone and get gone," He said with a smile.  I just stared at him, confused out of my mind.  Thomas glared at him and then, miraculously, left to sit somewhere far away from me.  His little friend followed close behind.

 

"Um... thanks?"  I said.  He laughed and shifted off of my desk, sitting down in the seat in front of me. 

 

"Name's David," He said, realizing I didn't know his name.  I nodded. 

 

"And no prob.  Don't worry about what I just said 'cause what happens in detention, stays in detention," David assured me with a smile.  I couldn't help but grin back.

 

"Hope so.  I'd hate for a rumor about me to start up," I said lightly.

 

"I might not hate that rumor," David joked, I think.  He did joke, right?  He continued to smile down at me and before I could even ask whether he was joking or not, he sprung up conversation.

 

I never did get to get away with sleeping.



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm so thrilled that David - Venti-cup - has reappeared. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I LOVE it!!! And davids awesome!!! I can't beleive you wrote that !!!it's soooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was so AWESOME L! You not only got past magic chapter number three, but also you wrote so WELL!!!!! I feel like typing three million '!'. You've written this so expertly! If i had written this, i would have FRICKED out and do it terribly. (you know I would) It's giving me goose bumps! yay! KEEP WRITING *OR DIE*!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grief Grief

A Chapter by BodilessSoul