Provocation

Provocation

A Chapter by ❀Subaru_Nyaa!❀

The Infinity Clockworks ~Lunar Fantasia~

Arc 4: The Moon Labyrinth

「The name is Kurogane Kaname」Kaname stood still on top the rubble as he talked to the man who was sent flying towards the wall.
「I'm Mazuma」Mazuma stood upand brushed off the debris on his shoulders.
「Looks like you got a lot of power in you... Show me what you got」Mazuma raised his fists up and prepared himself to attack Kaname. However, Kaname didn't move a muscle.
「You see, I didn't come here to fight. I came here to negotiate.」Kanamesat down on a giant piece of rubble and made himself comfortable.
「Negotiate?」Mazuma laughed through his nose.
「Yes, I'll destroy the moon for you in exhange of-」
「I don't want the moon to be destroyed, I want the Moon Goddess to atone for her sins!」Mazuma exclaimed.
「You seem to be misunderstanding something」Kaname calmly responded to Mazuma.
「Misunderstand what!? Because of the Moon Goddess, half of my race are gone! I want her to atone for her sins!」Mazuma lost his cool and yelled at Kaname who was comfortably sitting on the rubble with his legs crossed and his hands leaning on his right knee.

「Everybody seems to be misunderstanding something. I only came here a few months ago but I know more things than you. Your Race is bound to be extinct unless you guys leave and go to a place where that moon can't reach you」
「Nonsense!」Mazuma exclaimed once again.
「This world has 15 Moons. Not all of them are doing the same thing.」Kaname started explaining something to Mazuma.
「What?」
「Every moon shines a portion of this world and the people in that portion are for that specific moon. The 15th Moon's main purpose is to balance the Mana flow of the people it was assigned. The Mana of the 15th Moon are Condensed and Normal Mana...」Kaname paused.
「What does that have to do with my Race!?」Mazuma was still angry at Kaname.

「That moon is the reason why these people are happy. However, that moon is only assigned to these people and not to different people but if you look at it, the Moon is trying to adjust to it. Your Race probably decided to harvest Mana from the moon and took the wrong type of Mana. Probably Condensed Mana since Condensed Mana is hard to control and takes a heavy toll on the user-」
「Are you telling me...」Mazuma calmed down a bit and clenched his teeth.
「You guys are in the wrong」Kaname finished what he wanted to say.

「You're lying... My ancestors won't do something like that!」Mazuma yelled at Kaname.
「You guys are in the wrong. Your Ancestors broke a rule that was made by Akashic Record and you just broke another.」Kaname tried provocating Mazuma more.
「・・・・」Mazuma was speechless. He looked down at the ground for a moment and looked back at Kaname. For a moment, through Mazuma's eyes, Kaname was replaced by a lady wearing a black tuxido and sitting on the same spot as Kaname. Her amber eyes glowed as she looked down at Mazuma and her translucent white hair was blown by a calm wind. "Who was that?" Mazuma questioned himself but before he could find an answer, Kaname was back on the same spot and the lady was gone.

「You guys are hypocrites. Shall I show why? 」Kaname laughed through his nose and mocked Mazuma.
「(I guess the bargain is not going to happen at this point)」Kaname sighed as he realized that he had lost his goal.
「SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!!」Mazuma clenched his fists and Condensed Mana ignited like a flame.
「Look, isn't that a proof in your hands. See, Condensed Mana are hard to control therefore casting a spell is impossible but you casted a spell with this scale. That is a proof that you guys tried to harvest some Mana from the Moon. I don't know you guys' reason but if you tried to kill The Moon Goddess, it will be the same as killing off the Races that heavily depends on tye Moons around this world. I don't know about that Moon Goddess but blaming her without a proof is wrong.」Kaname mocked at Mazuma once more.

「SHUT UP!!!!!」Mazuma charged at Kaname with all he got. Kaname stood up and activated his Condensensed Mana and waited for Mazuma to get closeto him. At the right time, Kaname attempted to grab Mazuma's head but Mazuma was faster than expected causing Kaname to miss.
「(A miscalculation!?)」Just when Kaname was about to move away, his condensed Mana changed color and suddenly his right hand had grabbed Mazuma's head. Upon getting the chance, Kaname smashed Mazuma's head on the ground.

The ground cracked and a puddle of blood was made below Mazuma's head.
「I was used to doing this but getting nothing is a bit of a disappointment... (What happened back there... the color changed to solid white)」Kaname stared at his hands and pondered on what happened with his Condensed Mana.

「I'll think about it later. For now, I have to deal with that Moon.」Kaname stared at the Moon that was getting larger and larger.
「If I remeber correctly... that spells was Wind Sprout」Kaname casted a Spell and a sigil appeared below him. However, it didn't the way he wanted it to go and it sent him flying up at to the moon at an incredible speed.
「How to turn this off!?」Kaname was unable to turn off the spell and he was about to plummet at the Moon when a black portal appeared in front of him. Due to him not able to control the spell, he entered the portal.

「(I can't see anything... this place is pitch black but someone is here)」Kaname tried to look for something that emits light but failed.
「I apologize for the lack of lights」The sound of hands clap echoed throughout the room and the floor lit up.
「Welcome to Limbo!」A lady clad in white blazer uniform was sitting on a fancy glass chair that was a few meters away from Kaname. Her magenta colored eyes glowed for moment when he saw Kaname and her long pure white hair stayed still just like her body.
「I prefer to call it the Cheery Blossom Labyrinth!」


© 2015 ❀Subaru_Nyaa!❀


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

❀Subaru_Nyaa!❀
h

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015


Author

❀Subaru_Nyaa!❀
❀Subaru_Nyaa!❀

神奈川のどこかにいるのデース~~~!!!, ™ーム業界



Writing