Ch. 4: Just A Warning

Ch. 4: Just A Warning

A Chapter by Tina Bee

"Hey, you need to cover up," Mike scolded.

 

"I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt," I said.

 

"Too much leg and the shirt's too small," Mike said.

 

"Well no ones here except for the morons Sonny just brought over. Who were very rude to Greg," I added.

 

Mike sat down on the couch and I bounced up. He was a very big guy. His hair was braided and it looked like someone had done it recently.

 

"Who did your hair?" I asked.

 

"LaTanya," Mike said.

 

LaTanya was this girl who had the biggest crush on Mike. She was an African-American girl and on the heavier side. She was extremely nice and Mike had brought her around once to meet mom. Mike had met her at baseball practice. She was on the softball team and could hit a ball farther than the eye could see.

 

"So is she your girlfriend?" I asked.

 

"No," Mike said.

 

"Well she should be," I whispered.

 

I wasn't sure if my brothers were sexually active. One girl at school swore on the bible that she had slept with Sonny and had pictures. This infuriated me and she was dealt with accordingly.

 

Kevin was more on the preppy side. Almost all his friends like the same kind of pasty blue eyed blond haired white girls that filled their high school.

 

One time Kevin brought one home and I guess she didn't know about me. She made some off the wall comment about his maid's daughter being allowed to eat at his kitchen table and I never saw her again.

 

It was sad that prejudices still ran this world. Our mom had grown up in a home where other races were tolerated, but not accepted.

 

When mom became pregnant with Kevin at age sixteen his father wanted to marry her, but mom refused. She became the scandal of the town. She couldn't get anymore modeling work once she started showing and she put herself on home studies. During that time she met Mike's dad who had been passing through town on a construction job and one thing led to another and they were married.

 

My mom's mother (I could never call her Grandmother) was furious and kicked mom out before mom could tell her she was leaving. Mike's dad had an apartment all set up for them in the city. His family accepted mom with open arms and when Kevin was born there was a huge celebration. Shortly after mom was pregnant with Mike, but their happy ending would never come to be.

 

"I need to work off that food," I said aloud as I switched to the music video channel.

 

My favorite kind of music was rap, hip hop and R&B. Sometimes when I danced I would get so lost in the music.

 

One time I was dancing while Greg was here. I had been wearing shorts and a spaghetti strapped shirt that day. I was so into it that I hadn't noticed Mike walk in. Let's just say things ended on a low note. Mike started cussing in his native tongue and Greg ran out so fast I almost had whip flash. This all happened after my figure had come in and Mike sat me down and explained sex to me.

 

He told me that Greg was foaming at the mouth while I was dancing and that Greg only wanted one thing from me. None of it made any sense since Greg was just my friend and I never saw him any other way before.

 

"Do it in your room," Mike said.

 

I got up and went upstairs where my Plasma TV was hung up on the wall. Mom bought it for me last month as a birthday gift. Despite my troubles she believed in me.

 

I turned it on and was dancing away. I barely heard my phone ring. When I looked at it I saw Daisy was calling.

 

"Hello?" I said.

 

"Hey what's up?" Daisy asked.

 

"Nothing, you?" I asked.

 

"Are you still with Rick?" Daisy asked.

 

"No, why?" I asked.

 

"Ok well I don't know how to say this, but he already has a girlfriend," Daisy said.

 

"What?" I asked sitting down.

 

"Yea he's dating Laura Ashburn," Daisy said to me and knew she was taking pleasure out of breaking this news to me.

 

Laura Ashburn. She's going to be a junior next year. Apparently they're very serious about each other. Linda Ashburn is in our grade, she's Laura's sister, she's telling everyone you're trying to steal Rick from her sister by sleeping with him" Daisy said.

 

Linda Ashburn was one of the ugliest girls in junior high. She didn't care about her appearance and made it known to everyone once that she didn't wear deodorant.

 

"That's not true," I said.

 

"I know and I told her to her face after you left that she better shut up, but she said Rick's been telling everyone he and you have been having sex since last year," Daisy said.

 

"What a slime ball!" I exclaimed.

 

"Yea well you won't see Rick again right?" Daisy asked.

 

"Well he asked me out to the drive in already. I don't want to not go," I said.

 

"Don't you see why he asked? He wants you to two to do it," Daisy said.

 

"It won't happen," I said.

 

"That's why guys ask girls to the Drive In Myra. They go out there and do it," Daisy said.

 

I was well aware of that. Many of the pregnant teens in the area could be traced back to the Drive In. This was the first time a guy had asked me out. I didn't want it spoiled.

 

"I know, but I really want to see that new Axel Graham movie," I complained.

 

"So you're going to go?" Daisy asked infuriated.

 

"Yea," I said.

 

"Look Myra I stood by you when you turned into the Queen Bee and I even stood by you when people were calling you a s**t, but I can't do it anymore," Daisy said.

 

"Do what?" I asked.

 

"Be your friend," Daisy said.

 

"Like you were doing something so great," I spat.

 

"Excuse me?" Daisy said.

 

"You're acting like you owe me some favor. Go on and do what you do. Call me when you start making sense," I said and hung up.

 

I am not the school s**t. I'm a virgin. I want to have fun and enjoy myself. Damn Daisy and all those jealous girls! They think that because they're stuck at home being mommy and daddy's good little girls they're better than me!

 

Just as I was fuming Kimmi called me.

 

"Hello?" I said.

 

"It's Kimmi," she said.

 

"Hey," I said.

 

"So you're with Rick now?" Kimmi asked.

 

"No," I said.

 

"That's not what I heard," Kimmi said.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Well Rick is an old family friend and I heard him talking to my uncle last night. Looks like you're all he thinks about these days," Kimmi said.

 

"Oh really?" I said.

 

"Yea. Look I'm just calling to warn you that Rick is trouble. He's been to juvenile hall and has a record and stuff," Kimmi said.

 

"So do you and I," I spat.

 

"Just a warning," Kimmi said and hung up.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the background story it gave the charcters more depth and gave me more of an understanding of who they are. I think Myra is in trouble with Rick but girls at a young age folow their hearts and not their minds. Wonder what is going to come of it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Really excellent chapter. I like how things are getting complicated with Myra and her relationships.
It builds interest and a desire to want to know more about her, about her past, which you've given
alot) and what's going to happen to her later on in the story.


Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

550 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2009
Last Updated on August 12, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..