Ch. 20: What You Deserve

Ch. 20: What You Deserve

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Half an hour later we finished up and my blog was posted. I then went to work on updating my details. I had a lot of friends requests and I accepted all of them. According to Greg the more people who viewed my blog the better. I then went on to upload some new pictures of me to my page that I hadn't had time to add to my Facebook page. Greg said to use a picture with only me in it so that people recognized me immediately.

 

"My name is the title of my page" I said.

 

"Yea, but people might think you're trying to be too goody goody with a picture of you and your mom. Trust me it's better this way" Greg answered.

 

"Alright so I guess we're done. Let me just update my status and then I'm off of here" I said.

 

"On here it says you're single" Greg said.

 

"I am" I told him.

 

"Even better" Greg said.

 

With everything done I felt so much better.

 

"Thanks so much Greg!" I said giving him a hug.

 

He didn't cling on to me like he usually did.

 

"Yea I better get going. Mom and dad have called me six times since I've been here" Greg said.

 

"They don't want you here anymore" I asked.

 

"No it's not that they just want to keep an eye on me" Greg said.

 

"Oh" I said and sat back.

 

"Don't worry you'll be fine. Just ignore that Rick dude. You'll find someone better anyways" Greg said.

 

"Thanks and Greggy one day you're going to find a woman so special that she'll knock you off your feet, but watch out if she f***s you over I'll whoop her a*s" I said as Greg reached the door.

 

"Maybe" Greg said.

 

"No maybes. It's going to happen sooner than you think" I said.

 

Greg closed my door and suddenly I felt so alone. I went to my window which overlooked Mrs. Greene's backyard and the street which Ricky had picked me up from last night. I kept wondering how someone so good and wholesome could've turned so ugly so fast. I didn't have much time to wonder because my phone was buzzing with text messages again.

 

"Just read your blog and I want you to know that people are just haters. You'll be alright. Hope you're having a fun summer!" it was from Katy.

 

More positive messages followed and I began to perk up. Then a call from Ricky came in. I wanted to ignore it, but I knew I couldn't.

 

"Hey" I said.

 

"Yo your brother is going crazy" Ricky said and I heard yelling in the background.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Yea he's got a knife and he's trying to stab me. My dad called the cops and they're on their way" Ricky said.

 

It sounded like the phone dropped. I heard scuffling and what sounded like Mike's voice. I felt frozen in time. I clicked end of the phone and called Sonny. When he didn't answer I went to his room and opened the door without knocking.

 

There was a girl standing naked over a shirtless Sonny.

 

"GET THE F**K OUT!" Sonny screamed.

 

"Mike's trying to kill Ricky!" I screamed over him.

 

"What?" Sonny said getting up.

 

"Ricky called me and said Mike's going crazy with a knife" I said.

 

"F**k!" Sonny said.

 

"We have to get there and pick him up before the cops show up" I said.

 

"Hey I'm not finished" the girl said turning toward me revealing her naked breasts.

 

"Shut the f**k up. We got to go. You know where the door is" Sonny said pulling on a t-shirt.

 

"Yea this was such a fun time. Your brother sure knows how to suck all the pleasure out of sex" the girl said.

 

I backed out the room as Sonny started arguing with the girl. I heard him slap her and went to the bottom of the staircase. I hadn't time to grab my purse, but I had my phone on me.

 

The girl started down the stairs and practically fell. Sonny was right behind her pushing her down. She only had a skirt on with no panties and no shirt or shoes. She carried her purse in her hands.

 

"Next time keep your mouth shut you dirty b***h!" Sonny said.

 

The girl was crying. She had beautiful thick brown hair and even without make-up she was striking.

 

"Sonny please" I said.

 

"Keep walking b***h" Sonny said once the girl reached the bottom and fell.

 

"Does she have a ride?" I asked.

 

"I have my car it's out front" she sobbed.

 

"Let her put her clothes on" I said.

 

"No. She disrespects me so she can walk outside naked and show the world was a w***e she really is" Sonny said.

 

The girl got up and ran to the door. She flung it open and ran as fast as she could to her car, but not without falling on the grass several times. She was crying and digging in her purse as she looked for her keys. I thought she must've misplaced the, but when she opened the door I was relieved. She started her car up and flew away from the house. She almost hit a car that was coming in the opposite direction.

 

"That's so cruel" I said.

 

"B*****s always get what they deserve" Sonny said and walked out the door to his new blue car parked in the driveway.

 

I followed and could see most of the neighbors outside were baffled by what they saw. Many were standing there with their mouths wide open while others were shaking their heads.

 

"Let's go. Maybe Ricky's dad didn't call the cops yet" I said.

 

"Maybe you could've listened and never gone out with the punk b***h in the first place. Now look what's happening. F*****g women I swear" Sonny said.

 

I got into the passenger side and closed my door. I put on my seatbelt and Sonny backed out with music blaring and sped away to Rick Santos' place just a hop, skip, and jump away from ours.

 

 

The drive to Rick's place took twenty minutes because of all the red stoplights we hit. Sonny cursed under his breath the whole way and I didn't bother turning the music on. I just stared out the window looking at the passing cars and houses wishing I was apart of those families and here in the present.

 

My phone started ringing loudly and jolted me from my daydreaming. It was Rick calling.

 

"Give that to me," Sonny said snatching, "hello?"

 

"What's happening?" I asked as Sonny slowed.

 

"No you go to the cops and I'll shove my nine so far up your a*s you'll be shitting bullets" Sonny threatened.

 

"Oh God" I said and put my head between my legs.

 

"Put him on the phone, now!" Sonny said.

 

"Breathe in and out" I said with my legs closed.

 

"Yea we're coming to get you" Sonny said and put the car back in drive.

 

He handed me my phone and said nothing.

 

"What's going on" I asked.

 

"You're more trouble than you're worth" Sonny said.

 

Suddenly the tears filled the corners of my eyes and tried to wipe them away, but my blinking was too quick and the steady stream of tears flowed. I cried all the way to Ricky's place. When we pulled up Mike was sitting in Rick's driveway and an older gentleman was standing over him with a shovel in his hand. Sonny got out the car and I did too, but I stayed with my back pressed against the passenger side door.

 

"Look son I don't want no trouble. You take your friend and get, you hear?" the man said.

 

Ricky's father was his same height and build with graying hair and a different shaped mouth. He held the shovel in front of him ready to swing at anyone who tried to pull a fast one on him. At the doorway stood a very short dark haired woman who's eyes seemed to be bulging out of her head. I didn't see Ricky anywhere.

 

"We're leaving" Mike said getting up.

 

"Put the shovel down old man" Sonny warned.

 

Ricky's dad narrowed his eyes and then lowered the shovel so slowly it was like time was on slow motion.

 

"I don't know what my boy done, but it's best to keep off my property and handle this like men with fists not knives and guns" Ricky's dad said.

 

"Let's go. I don't have time for old men and b***h boys" Sonny said as Mike walked toward him still eying the shovel.

 

"Rick knows what he did" Mike said turning around once he was within arms length of Sonny.

 

"And what's that?" the woman by the door asked.

 

"He's...spreading lies about our sister" Mike said.

 

"You come all the way out here threatening my life for a bunch of rumors?" Ricky's dad asked smirking.

 

"Our reputation is our credibility. Your son won't be affected by another notch in his belt, but our sister will be" Mike explained.

 

Ricky's mom was nodding her head with understanding.

 

"It's about honor Larry. These boys are protecting honor" Ricky's mom said.

 

"Is that your sister in the car?" Ricky's dad asked looking my way.

 

"Yea" Sonny answered.

 

"She must be Myra. Ricky has spoken only wonderful things about her. I don't know where you hear rumors from, but I can assure you Ricky isn't to blame. Now please go before my husband becomes angry" Ricky's mom said.

 

"We're going" Sonny said and he and Mike turned toward the car.

 

I moved to the passenger side to let Sonny and Mike ride up front. The less they saw of me the better. Just as I sat down I got a text message.

 

"I'm sorry Myra" Ricky said.

 

"You didn't do anything" I replied.

 

"I'm a coward and I didn't stand up to her and now your brothers hate me" Ricky said.

 

"Well they hate me more" I replied and then stuffed my phone in my pocket just as Sonny reached his door.

 

"Nice looking out, Mike" I said nervously as Sonny started the engine.

Neither of them spoke and Sonny turned the radio to full blast.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

All sorts of troubles for Myra now. People can
be so mean. I really feel for her. Your story is very
very good!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I just love a character like Greg. No matter how big the mess up is, he's there to help you through it! I think its so cute, and I love their little mixed up relationship confusion goes. It reminds me of being 14 again, with the cute little guy next door, that is just a friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 28, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..