Ch. 10: Facing Reality

Ch. 10: Facing Reality

A Chapter by Tina Bee

"Sometimes he comes around with Kevin" I said to mom as she drove me to her spa appointment.

 

"Who is he again?" Mom asked.

 

"Ricky Santos, you know the running back" I said.

 

"Oh" Mom said flatly.

 

"I like him" I told her.

 

"Yea well you can go as long as you promise to keep your cell phone on and to be home before two a.m." Mom said.

 

Tonight Ricky was going to pick me up from around the corner and we would head out to the drive it. When I had awoken this morning I felt completely sick to my stomach. My robe was stuck to my body since I slept in it and my eyes were puffy.

 

"Ok I promise" I said.

 

"Do you need new clothes?" Mom asked.

 

"Yea I was just going to say that" I said.

 

"Well let me drop you off at the mall and I'll pick you up after my appointment" Mom said.

 

The mall was just before Mom's spa place. I knew I was taking a risk by coming here since everyone from school would be here now that it was summer break. I decided to put on my big sun shades to hide a large portion of my face.

 

"I'll need like $80" I said.

 

"Here's $200 and go crazy. It's your first date and all" Mom said and handed me two one hundred dollar bills.

 

I smiled and hopped out the car with my big black purse and black sun shades. Today I wore a pair of dark blue shorts and a tank top with some flip flops. As I entered the mall no one seemed to be paying me any attention.

 

I got halfway through the mall and was passing the food court when I heard, "MYRA!!!!" being called. I turned to see Katy Leros with Trixie McHenry and Destiny Richards sitting down eating. I decided that it was safe to go mingle with them. They were all going to be freshman's with me in the fall. Katy was someone who I trusted, mostly because she lived on the next street over and we hung out together last summer.

 

"Hey" I said getting to the table and sitting down at the empty spot.

 

"So what was all the commotion last night?" Katy asked.

 

"Last night?" I asked.

 

"You know with that Gregory kid. I heard he went mental" Katy said.

 

"Yea he did" I said.

 

"I got texts saying it was over you is that true?" Katy asked talking a mile a minute as usual.

 

"Well yea, but it wasn't anything big" I added.

 

"We hear you're going with Ricky Santos, is that true?" Destiny asked setting her deep brown eyes on me.

 

"No I'm not" I said.

 

"Daisy's telling everyone he picked you up from school yesterday" Katy said.

 

"He did" I confirmed.

 

"Well then he likes you" Katy said smiling.

 

"Maybe" I said.

 

"What about Laura Ashburn?" Destiny asked.

 

"What about her?" I snapped back.

 

"You do know he has a girlfriend, right?" Destiny said not backing down.

 

"Nope" I said sitting back smirking.

 

"Maybe they broke up" Trixie jumped in.

 

"Most likely because I don't think Rick Santos would do something that obvious to hurt Laura" Katy agreed.

 

"Well girls this has been fun, but I was just heading to Chick And Hot" I said getting up.

 

"We're going back to Trixie's house. I'll text you later" Katy said.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting interlude with her friends. It just shows
how word gets around fast with anything you do!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 28, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee