Ch. 11: Girlfriend? Please!

Ch. 11: Girlfriend? Please!

A Chapter by Tina Bee
"

Myra prepares for her first date, but it seems like certain people want to hold her back from happiness.

"

I walked away quickly and found 'Chick And Hot' fully packed. I was bumping into girls looking for the perfect dress and shoes. I didn't recognize anyone in here so I breathe a sigh of relief. I tried on six dresses. One was a black and white striped one, the other lime green, another fuchsia, and a few others that weren't so flattering. I was just about to give up when I saw them.

 

Walking passed the store window was Laura and Linda Ashburn. I held my breath and prayed neither of them would come in here. It was just my luck that Linda stopped and cocked her head back and pointed. I wasn't too sure, but I thought she pointed toward me. I was holding the black and white stripped dress. It wasn't too bad. The back let out and the front was a scoop neck that made a little circle. It went down to my knees and had white frills at the bottom. I had picked up some white sandals and was holding them. I decided now would be a good time to check out.

 

I turned and walked as quickly as I could to the register. The transaction took forever and I could feel eyes on the back of my neck. I snatched my receipt and bolted for the door. Well not in an obvious way, but anyone who was watching me would see my haste.

 

"And just where do you think you're going?" I heard and didn't stop.

 

The foot traffic in the mall was heavy. Everything was shoulder to shoulder and I didn't exactly blend in. I decided to head for the exit. I never did look back, but I could feel them on my tail. I turned the corner toward the sweets section of the mall. Usually it was a family friendly area where people sat and enjoyed ice cream cones and over sized lollipops. This section was much quieter and traffic thinned out dramatically.

 

"Don't think you're going to get away from us," I heard Linda said.

 

Finally I turned around to face what I'd been trying to avoid.

 

"Who in the hell are you talking to?" I asked.

 

"Don't try to get all big and bad on us; we know you were trying to run," Laura said.

 

"B***h, I don't have to run from no one, but maybe you should. Looks like those cookies your sister usually scarfs down at lunch time are starting to affect your figure too," I said.

 

People were starting to look. I wanted them too. Let's get as many witnesses as we can as I beat their asses to the ground.

 

"What are you shopping for?" Laura asked me and I saw her eying my bags.

 

"None of your goddamn business," I said to her with an annoyed tone of voice which only made her yellow looking teeth clench together.

 

"I think it is my business" Laura said stepping closer to me.

 

"Why?" I asked.

 

Before she could answer I saw her eyes grow big. I didn't even have to look behind me.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Tension is building back up in this chapter. I don't blame her for trying to get away from those two girls! I would have wanted to as well!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

428 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 15, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee