Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Tina Bee
"

Myra wraps up the summer with a bold move.

"

Time went on just as it had when Eliza was alive. The first week after Eliza was laid to rest I cried just about everyday. The sun began to leave us earlier and earlier and before I knew it the calender had flipped over to September.

 

I was sitting in my room exactly one week since the funeral when an idea struck me. It was so momentous that I called my attorney, Mr. Litfield, myself.

 

"It can be done, but we'll have to go through the proper channels to have it done correctly. I will call your mother tomorrow with my findings, but prepare yourself, Myra, it could be a definite no," Mr. Litfield said to me.

 

"I will and thank you for your hard work, sir," I told him before hanging up.

 

The next two days were filled with back and forth phone calls between mom and Mr. Litfield. Mom was a little apprehensive about my idea, but she told me she'd give it a shot. Finally on the third day Mr. Litfield called my cell phone and told me I had a meeting in the morning and to dress sharp.

 

The night before I barely slept. I tossed and turned until nearly three AM when my body, exhausted from it's own tension, gave in. When the sun rose I woke up, showered, dressed, and ate my breakfast. Mom was ready to go when I was and we pulled up in front of important business looking offices that I knew housed Mr. Litfield's legal team.

 

Mom was offered coffee at the reception desk, but declined. We both sat pensive and when Mr. Litfield called us in we were greeted by a very tall man in a brown chair. Next to him were three other important looking men.

 

"Myra, I'd like you to meet Tom Gellar, Dean Osbern, Fred Wallack, and Ruben Mittigan," Mr. Litfield said and I greeted them all with my best smile.

 

We sat down and the serious discussions began. I started by telling them what I wanted.

 

"If you would please find it in your hearts to just let me be a teen again I promise you I'd do my best to make you proud," I pleaded and for a long while they debated among themselves.

 

They all nodded and looked toward me.

 

"There are really no rules against it. There's a pending trial, but you have not been restricted to have contact with said victims who will be attending this fall. It is our decision that you, Myra Huntington, are more than welcomed to stay enrolled as you are at Lloyd L. Graham High School for the entire school year," Mr. Wallack said and a wave of relief washed over my face.

 

"I'll be your principal," the man named Tom Gellar said to me and I stood up to shake his hand.

 

The next thirty minutes were set writing up my contract that restricted me to have no contact with Kimmi Lautner or Daisy Spins. I signed, Mr. Litfield signed, and so did mom.

 

I left the office with a smile beaming over my face.

 

On the car ride home I thought about the life I'd once had and how different it who I was now. I was no longer carefree and silly. I'd seen things and things had been done to me that would forever change the way I looked at the world.

 

As I looked up at the sky I saw a white dove land on the sidewalk while we were stopped at the light. Before I knew it two doves were there pecking at whatever crumbs were on the ground. A little boy, who had to be nowhere older than three came careening into them and they flew away.

 

I held onto my stomach and imagined that I could feel the life that grew inside of me.

 

Soon I would be at peace, but there were wrongs I needed to right.



© 2009 Tina Bee


Author's Note

Tina Bee
This is the last piece of writing that I will be adding to this book. This book is done, but many chapters of this saga are in desperate need of editing and I will get to all of that as soon as possible. I hope my writing made sense to you as the reader and that most of all you enjoyed every minute of this book. It was truly a joy to write. Please stay tuned for book #2 in the Myra Huntington "Low" Series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awwwwww i love it but it made me cry and relize holy freak life is u know will its wild and it truley a gift from god
luv ya katie


Posted 14 Years Ago


What an excelletn story! I enjoyed it very very much! I'm glad there's more
about Myra. I want to know want happens in her life after all that hard stuff
she had to endure. I hope she finds someone who will be there for her,
through the good times and the bad.

Great writing!

Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMFG!!!! IT WAS BRILLIANT!!! I'll Be Waiting!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2009
Last Updated on September 12, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Tina Bee