Ch. 6: Got It Bad

Ch. 6: Got It Bad

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Pet stores weren't my thing. A nice girl in there was gracious enough to show mom where everything was. As we were walking I noticed a man following us around. He wore a name tag so I assumed he worked here.

 

"What's his deal?" I asked mom.

 

"I don't know," Mom said trying to pick out some collars.

 

"I'm going to say something if he peaks around that corner one more time," I said.

 

"What?" Mom asked.

 

He looked again and I charged over.

 

"You got a problem?" I asked loudly.

 

"No," he said and turned trying to pretend he was looking at some stacks of hamster feed.

 

"I think you do. Ever since my mom and I came in here you've been following us. Why?" I asked.

 

"I don't have to explain myself to a child," He said rudely.

 

"I'm a paying customer and you see that woman over there she's my birth mother and yes you've guessed it I'm mixed!" I said louder.

 

"What are you getting at?" He asked finally making eye contact with me.

 

"You're racially profiling me," I said.

 

"What's going on?" Mom came over worriedly.

 

"I'm sorry ma'am, but your daughter rudely assumed I was following her through the store, but I can assure you this is not the case. I was merely admiring what a beautiful woman you are. Again I'm sorry if I offended you," the man said.

 

"Oh, why thank you," Mom gushed.

 

"You're very welcomed," he replied.

 

"What a likely story," I muttered.

 

"Myra can you go find me some bowls," Mom ordered.

 

Any chance to escape was a God send. In the car I was still hot and angry.

 

"That sniveling little sonofabitch," I started.

 

"Oh just stop it. He was complimenting me," Mom said.

 

"Yea and following us," I complained.

 

Mom turned up the music. She didn't like listening to my complaints and would often drown them out. I hated that and she knew it. When we pulled into the driveway there was a group of girls coming out of it. Mom was grinning from ear to ear still and I bet she'd introduce Buster to them.

 

"Hi I'm Kevin's mom! Nice to meet you all," Mom said as Kevin and a couple of his friends came out behind the girls.

 

"Hi, I'm Denise and this is Casey and Mandy," Denise said.

 

"Oh and this is Buster," Mom said and Buster popped his little head out of the forty dollar doggy bag mom just bought.

 

"He's adorable," the darker headed one said.

 

"So cute," Denise squealed.

 

Kevin and his buddies were standing by him beside the garage door. I was going to walk straight inside when they began talking to me.

 

"I heard good Ol'' Rickster picked you up from school today," Spencer Oppenheimer said.

 

"He said you were a good ride," Langston Miles chimed.

 

"Who told you that?" I said.

 

"Oh we have our sources," Spencer said.

 

"You ain't got nothing," I said.

 

"He said you spread out easy like butter," Langston chimed.

 

"No easier than your mama," I spat.

 

"Oh you little bi-," Langston started, but mom came over quickly with Buster and he stopped.

 

"Hello boys, Kevin," Mom said.

 

"Hello Mrs. Freedmon," they chimed together.

 

"I bought a cute little doggy his name is Buster. If you boys are going to be here a lot you better get him used to your smell or else he'll attack," Mom said laughing.

 

They started petting Buster and I rolled my eyes and saw that Kevin was glaring at me with his cerulean eyes. Mike, Sonny, and I often made fun of the blueness. We said he was the whitest of us all and that if the KKK came into town looking for recruits he better not mention that he's related to us.

 

I marched right into the house. Sonny and his idiotic perverted friend Carlos were playing video games in the living room.

 

"Dungeon master has returned," Carlos said.

 

"Ugh," I grunted and started climbing the stairs.

 

"I hope Rick isn't hiding up there," Sonny said and he and Carlos broke into laughter.

 

"Screw you both," I said.

 

"You would know a lot about screwing," Carlos managed to get out before he hit the floor with laughter.

 

"Morons," I muttered and went into my room and slammed the door.

 

I was on the verge of tears. This wasn't happening. Rick told me not to tell and I hadn't. Did this mean he had?So many questions burned in my mind that when mom knocked on my door I almost screamed for her to leave.

 

"So this fight you and Daisy are having; is it over Rick Santos?" Mom asked.

 

"Yes," I sniffled.

 

"He's a lot older than you and I hope you're not being pressured into doing anything you don't want to," Mom said.

 

"No we're just friends. He picked me up from school today and we went to get food and the he brought me home. That was it...oh and he wants to take me to the movies this weekend," I blurted.

 

"He wants to take you on a date?" Mom asked.

 

"Yea," I said.

 

"Well if you really like him and you're comfortable around him I say go for it, but really don't listen to those boys they're just teasing," Mom said.

 

"Rick said not to tell anyone about him picking me up, but now everyone knows so he's going to think I said something," I said.

 

"I doubt that; word travels around fast. I'm sure one of your classmates saw Rick pick you up and they told someone who told someone and so on and so forth. Word travels fast," Mom said.

 

"Probably," I said.

 

"So cheer up and calm down. It's not the end of the world. I'm going to order Chinese, you want the usual?" Mom asked.

 

I nodded yes.

 



© 2009 Tina Bee


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt for Myra, this was an emotional chapter. She has a lot
going on with what she has to deal with, the biggest it
seems is of the male sex. Very enjoyable!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

398 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2009
Last Updated on August 12, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee