Ch. 8: Consequences

Ch. 8: Consequences

A Chapter by Tina Bee
"

What happens when you tell a man that you don't love him?

"

Mom pushed me aside and opened the door. It was our neighbor Edna Greene.

 

"Hello, Edna," Mom said.

 

"Good evening. It seems there's been a ruckus in the neighborhood with that Finster kid yelling and carrying on about your daughter. Someone needs to get out there and calm him before the cops get called," Mrs. Greene said.

 

Mom looked concern and stepped out the door. Mrs. Greene was in the lead and I followed with Buster in tow.

 

"Gregory is such a calm and well mannered young man I wonder what's gotten into him," Mom said.

 

"Most likely little Myra there," Mrs. Greene said sternly.

 

Gregory's house was just three door down across the street. His mother and father's cars were parked in their driveway. The sun was gone and the street lamps illuminated the scene that was growing in front of the Finster home.

 

"Everything was fine until he started babbling and causing a scene and then I ran home," I said frantically as we got closer.

 

"Paula, what's going on?" Mom asked.

 

"It's Greggy he's lost it. He told Myra he loved her and she rejected him," Mrs. Finster said.

 

"I didn't," I said.

 

"Please son, just get in the house!" Mr. Finster said.

 

"No I hate it here! I hate this house and this neighborhood! I'm leaving and never coming back!" Greg screamed.

 

"Cool it, kid," Donald said pinning Greg's hands behind his back.

 

Tonight Donald wore shorts and a T-shirt that had the arms cut off. His hair glistened in the lamplight and I couldn't help, but be taken back by him.

 

Donald and Greg struggled. It was flesh on flesh, but finally Donald had Greg pinned to the cement.

 

"You're hurting him!" Mrs. Finster yelled.

 

"No he's fine," Donald said.

 

"Get him in the house," Mr. Finster said.

 

"Hello, Clara," Mr. Finster said to mom.

 

"Hi," Mom said.

 

"Mrs. Greene," Mr. Finster nodded.

 

"I hope you can keep your boy quiet. He interrupted my soaps," Mrs. Greene said and turned around and walked back to her home.

 

"What's wrong with him?" Mom asked Mr. Finster quietly.

 

"Myra hurt his feelings is all. Lately he's been talking an awful lot about her, you know more than usual, and tonight he asked me how I proposed to Paula. It's puppy love at best since he and Myra spend a lot of time together Greg thought she wanted more than just a friendship which I doubted to be quite honest," Mr. Finster said in a low voice.

 

"Myra meant no harm and I'm sorry about Greg. He has a bright future ahead of him. He needs to continue to study his books and get into college. Relationships are nothing, but a hassle," Mom said.

 

"Agreed," Mr. Finster said before turning and following Donald and Greg into the house.

 

Mom and I walked home in silence. I didn't know if there were words that I could formulate to express my regret for hurting Greg. I wanted the best for him, but I knew that I could never be his girlfriend. That just wouldn't work.

 

"I didn't mean to make him flip out," I finally said.

 

"I know," Mom said.

 

"He went totally out of control and said I was teasing him by wearing the clothes I do," I said.

 

"It's hard for males to control themselves around a pretty girl especially when she's budding," Mom said.



© 2009 Tina Bee


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with the person below me.. O.o
I just started reading it and I'm in love. XDD
Man, you're awesome. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very sad chapter for Greg but a good chapter for the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 12, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee