Ch. 14: The Garage

Ch. 14: The Garage

A Chapter by Tina Bee
"

After escaping a barrage of a bullets Myra, Sonny, and Carlos head to a garage in the middle of nowhere for repairs.

"

In the middle of all this chaos I got a text. It was from Rick.

 

"We still on for tonight?" he asked me in his text.

 

"Yes," I responded.

 

"Cool, so what are you doing?" He asked me and I thought about what to text back.

 

"Nothing, just with my brother," I replied back to him.

 

"Which one?" He asked.

 

"Sonny," I said.

 

"Oh," he said.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked, but he stopped responding.

 

Lots of Kevin's friends were afraid of Sonny because they knew exactly what he was into. Hell I'd be afraid, but he was my brother. I knew the softer side of him.

 

About twenty minutes later we were in what looked like the sticks. The area consisted of cornfields, cows, barns, and a business here and there.

 

"Pull up in here," Carlos said and Sonny slowed down.

 

The place looked very rundown. The brown paint was chipping and a window facing the front was broken from someone throwing rocks through it. We pulled up in front of what I assumed was a garage door. No one was parked over here and the entire area looked deserted.

 

Carlos got out of the car and knocked on the garage door. It magically slid open and a very tall looking Mexican guy was standing there. He was dressed in a blue mechanics uniform. Carlos was talking with him and then the guy motioned to Sonny to drive in.

 

To my shock the inside was extremely kept up. The walls were painted and the floor nicely swept. There were even ceiling lights and a big fan going. Three men were inside too watching TV and sitting on a big comfy couch. As Sonny drove in the Mexican guy closed the garage door.

 

"Stay in here," Sonny said as he got out.

 

I sat and watched Sonny talk to them. Carlos was talking too and I figured they were explaining what happened.

 

I looked at the time. It was four hours until Rick was supposed to pick me up and I need to shower, change, and put on make up. I could do it all in an hour, but anything less and I'd be late.

 

Carlos walked over to the car.

 

"You gotta get out. They gotta put plastic over the windows to paint it," Carlos said to me and I scrunched my face up.

 

I got out and took my shopping bag with me. My sunglasses were off and I could see that two of the three men on the couch were African-American and the other was white.

 

"I want it to be a metallic blue or maybe midnight. I could go black, but since it was white I don't know," Sonny said to the stocky mechanic who didn't seem to care that rubbing his face left smudges on it.

 

"We want to make it so they don't recognize it at all. I say we do a design on the hood and paint the rest dark blue," the mechanic said.

 

"Good," Sonny said.

 

"It'll take like two hours you all can sit on the couch" the mechanic told Sonny.

 

"Yea, ok," Sonny said.

 

I didn't want Carlos to start yelling at me so I started for the couches. As I approached all the men turned their gaze from to TV and set it upon me.

 

"Who are you?" one of them asked me.

 

"She's no one you need to worry about," Sonny said cutting his eye at the guy.

 

"Stefan, Phil, David get your knuckle head asses over here. We got a job to do!" the guy in the jumpsuit by Sonny's car yelled.

 

The three men got up and lugged toward the car. The tallest and darkest of them kept his eyes on me the entire time.

 

"Myra, come sit over here now," Sonny said.

 

I walked over to the couch. Besides being filthy it was also lumpy and discolored. Underneath the stained brown was a creamy white screaming to come out. It was a three seater couch and I sat at the farthest end. The TV was on some baseball game. Sonny grabbed the remote and began flipping through the channels.

 

My phone buzzed inside my purse. I fished it out to see that I had just received a text message.

 

"Hey sorry about yesterday. I'm on my period. What's up?" Daisy said.

 

"Nothing much," I sent.

 

"Did you hear what the sickos are saying about you?" Daisy asked.

 

"No," I sent.

 

"Laura said you ran from her in the mall today," Daisy said.

 

"That never happened," I sent.

 

"Oh so you were at the mall?" Daisy asked.

 

"Yea," I sent.

 

"Shopping without me, lol," Daisy said.

 

"My mom dropped me off," I sent.

 

"Oh," was all Daisy replied with.

 

I didn't respond because Carlos came up behind me and snatched my phone.

 

"Who's this from?" he teased.

 

"No one, give me my phone back!" I said.

 

"Daisy...Daisy...Oh yea that girl with the mug. I'm going to tell her she's ugly," Carlos said.

 

"No don't!" I yelled.

 

"Hey keep it down, we're working here!" one of the guys yelled at us.

 

Carlos threw my phone back at me. I cleared the screen and put it back in my purse.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Myra sure gets into some interesting situations. I wonder if she's going to even make it to
her date with Rick. And this is a very captivating story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


David seems like such a sweetie! Can't wait to dig deeper into this story!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ch. 18: Creeping Ch. 18: Creeping

A Chapter by Tina Bee