Part V- Act II

Part V- Act II

A Chapter by Regret Almia Fair

The party ended at midnight, unable to see their guest of honor-who was Yuko. Saki was left cleaning the party with three other maids. She stayed silent as the other two started talking about rumors they heard going through the castle.

“Did ya hear Marian?” a Hispanic one asked. Wearing the maid’s uniform with tan skin color and with long braided black hair.

“Hear what Gloria?” said Marian, a Jamaican maid. She had her hair in dreadlocks and wore a hippie Jamaican hat. A dark brown color of skin with bangles on her wrist.

“I heard the Shadow-man is back!” Gloria said in a rather loud whisper. Saki couldn’t help herself so she listened. Marian swept closer to Gloria and said “Yeah I’ve heard. He’s been gatherin’ an army. In search of the ones who hold keyblades.”

“Also in search of an apprentice. Every man and woman gotta die soon, ai caramba.” Marian said in her Hispanic accent.

“He wants one that holds a keyblade.” Gloria said, leaning on her broom. “But sadly since Sora left, there are only two who hold keyblades in this area. Who do ya think it’s gonna be?”

“Yuko.” Gloria said bluntly. “Have you seen how many times she’s fallen down the stairs?”

Marian thought back and said “Or it could be Almia. He gets angry too much. His anger could lead him to being an easy victim.”

Saki couldn’t help but giggle. She stopped when she felt the cold stares of the other two maids.

“Anyway, I thought his so called friends from the other side, sent him to the other side! How’d he escape?” Gloria said continuing to sweep the floor.

“Probably made another deal with the spirits.” Marian said and turned around towards Saki. “Hey Saki! Got clean upstairs! Plus, Almia wants to see you.”

Saki rolled her eyes and went up the stairs. When she was at the top, she heard Marian whisper to Gloria “She’s so fired.”

*~--]===#

Saki came into Almia’s room and said “You wanted to see me?”

Almia glared up at her but replied “For the last few weeks, you have both annoyed and angered me, one because ever since you came here, you’ve acted like you own the kingdom. I’m shocked king Mickey still keeps you here. And second is how the way you treat everyone, even Yuko who doesn’t even know you!”

“But she does know me. She just doesn’t remember me!” Saki said. “I know her better than you!”

“Prove it!” Almia said rising from his seat and towering over her.

“Bring her in then!” Saki challenged looking him straight in the eyes.

Almia slumped back into his seat and massaged his forehead. He replied “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.”

“And why not?” Saki said getting angry. “I demand I see Yuko right now!”

“She’s heartbroken and confused as it is. That’s what happens when you come into this world. Your memory of your former life begins to fade away the long you stay here.” Almia said looking away. “I can’t even remember who my mother is.”

“I don’t care!” Saki said clenching her fists. “I need to see Yuko!”

She ran out of the room and ran up more stairs. Almia got up and chased after her yelling “Hey!” at her on the way up. Saki looked through every room that was unlocked and quickly knocked on doors to hear their voices. She came to the last room across the hall in one of the towers. She banged against the door and heard a very sad “Yes?”

Saki placed her ear against the door and heard Yuko mopping.

Inside, Yuko was in grief with her head covered in a pile of stuffed animals given to her from Mickey’s daughter Tiana and other guests. Tiana and Naveen were next to her hand patting it as if dead.

“Come on sugar you can’t stay depressed forever.” Tiana said.

“Think of it as an opportunity.” Naveen said. “Those memories could’ve been horrible and…and you could make new ones here!”

Yuko groaned in a muffled voice (her head was buried in a pile of the plush toys) and Naveen was elbowed by Tiana again. Tiana jumped up Yuko’s arm, with Naveen following. They both were on Yuko’s stomach and Tiana said “Look, you can’t stay depressed forever.”

“Watch me!” Yuko said.

Tiana grunted and began to dig her way through the stuffed animals till she came to Yuko blackened face. She was still crying and Tiana said “You need to keep moving forward sugar!”

“How can I if I only have like half my memory left?!” Yuko said with more tears falling from her eyes.

Like a frog, Tiana shot her tongue out and Yuko screamed because it hit her nose. She got up, stuffed toys flying into the air and nearly collapsing on Naveen and Tiana.

“I need to show you something.” Tiana said and hopped to her window with Naveen following. Tiana pointed to the two brightest stars in the sky and Naveen nodded, understanding what she meant.

“What?” Yuko asked with curiosity. She looked out her window and saw the two stars shining so brightly in the sky. Yuko’s tears stopped and she smiled saying “Those stars are beautiful.”

“Ray and Evangeline appreciate that.” Naveen said.

Yuko remembered the two lovers. Ray, short for Raymond, was Tiana’s best friend. A firefly that sadly died while defending Tiana, when she was being chased by the shadow man. He got his last wish to be with his lover Evangeline. Yuko gazed at the beautiful stars, forgetting all her problems. Tiana hopped onto Yuko’s shoulder and Naveen went on the other.

“I love you guys.” Yuko said looking down at them. “Best consciences ever!”

Yuko looked at her keyblade that held the promise she made to Sally and Jack before leaving. The smile slowly faded from her face and Tiana said “Something else bothering you?”

“I’m now becoming unsure if I wanna live with Sally. I-I don’t know why so I can’t tell her.” Yuko said and leaned on the side f the window. “After all this, we can go home.”

“Which home darlin’?” Tiana asked.

Yuko thought for a couple of seconds and replied “I don’t know. Soon this’ll be with collage offers. Maybe this was meant to be.”

Yuko opened her window and shouted the two brightest stars “IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT?!”

Yuko sighed heavily and looked down at the frog couple sitting on her shoulders. She placed them both on her windowsill and said “Whelp, since you two are back together…Shouldn’t you…ya know…kiss to break the spell?”

“Oh yeah! Sugar your right. Once were human again, you’ll be our number one customer in our restaurant!” Tiana said.

“Oh yeah your restaurant! I hear it’s one of the top eating places in the world!” Yuko said drooling at the thought of the food. “I’ll be a regular customer for you!”

Tiana laughed then turned to Naveen. Her eyes sparkled and Naveen took her hands. They closed in and kissed. Yuko sighed and whipped a tear from her eye. After they parted Tiana looked down at herself and said “Why aren’t we human again?”

“I-I don’t know. I’m a prince and you’re a princess so it should’ve worked.” Naveen said and looked up at Yuko. “Any suggestions Yuko?”

“Well…normally they would kiss and the magic would do the rest.” Yuko said then realized the problem. “Magic! Th-there’s no magic! Something drained the magic in this world. But who is the question.”

Someone then knocked on the door and Yuko answered “The doors open, come in. But were kind of in a dilemma--”

Saki barged in quickly slamming the door behind her and said in a harsh whisper “Yuko! We need to talk!”

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Yuko asked her back against the wall. Tiana and Naveen were scooped up in Yuko’s hands and shoved in her pocket. Saki was blocking the door so that Yuko wouldn’t make a run for it.

“We need to leave!” Saki said.

“Why should I listen to you?!” Yuko asked. “I don’t even know you!”

“Ask me any question then!” Saki challenged looking rather triumphant. “Go on ask away!”

“What do I like most?” Yuko asked rapidly.

“Anime and manga!” Saki replied back.

“What book series do I like best?” Yuko asked.

“The Percy Jackson series.” Saki replied.

“What do I hate most?” Yuko said.

“People who are wanna-be you’s!” Saki replied.

“What do I like to eat?” Yuko asked.

“Chocolate!” Saki replied.

“What’s my dream?!” Yuko asked.

“To fly!” Saki replied.

“What’s my mission?!” Yuko asked thinking she had finally got her.

“To take over the world for your alien kind and stop global warming!” Saki replied.

Yuko glared but just replied “You may be psychic but I ain’t following you!”

“Don’t make us call the guards!” Naveen threatened from Yuko’s pocket.

Saki grabbed Yuko’s wrist and ran out the room, leading her to the downstairs thrown room. Yuko tried clinging onto the walls, grabbing onto paintings hoping they would be nailed on but they were come off.

“Do you have any idea how long it took me to polish all these?” Saki said slapping her hand.

Yuko then grabbed onto the side of the window and was able to break her wrist free of Saki’s grip. She opened the window hoping to make an escape. She grabbed onto a vine and began to climb down. Saki stuck her head out the window and called “YUKO! GET YOUR A*S BACK UP HERE!”

“Almia’s office window is just below this one. Once he sees you you’re a goner!” Yuko said triumphantly. Saki gritted her teeth and bolted down the stairs. Naveen and Tiana pocked their heads out of Yuko’s pocket and Tiana said “Why are we really going to Almia?”

“He’ll probably know what happened to the magic.” Yuko replied. “I’d never tell on Saki. She seems like one of those dispirit types of people. I only said that so that she would leave me alone.”

“Okay but be careful sugar.” Tiana said. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Or us to get hurt.” Naveen said under his breath but got elbowed in the side again.

They came down to Almia’s window and Yuko slowly lowered herself down. Just then Calcifer said Something’s coming! Something big and dark and there are in a group. They seem to be after you. Hurry up and tell Almia or were goners!

Yuko quickly lowered herself and tapped on Almia’s window with the tip of her shoe.

*~--]===#

Almia was miserably reading papers and signing documents, till he heard tapping on his window. At first he ignored it and went back to his papers till the tapping starting rapping against his window repeatedly. He slammed his fists on the desk, sending papers flying all over. He got up and opened his window. He saw Yuko’s lower half dangling for dear life on the vines.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Almia shouted grabbed her legs and pulling her in.

“I got stuck while trying to escape a psychotic maid!” Yuko replied getting in and landing on top of him. They both got up and Almia said “I stopped chasing Saki when she disappeared in the halls in the right tower. Never knew she’d end up in your room.” Almia said.

Yuko glared but ignored the comment. She explained on how the magic had somehow left the world they were in. Almia thought and said “Did Calcifer sense anything?”

“Actually yes.” Yuko said, recalling Calcifers warning. “He said something big and dark was coming after us.”

Us?” Almia said with a raised eyebrow. “Are you sure it’s both of us?

Glaring, Yuko replied “Okay, okay only me, happy?”

Almia did a sideways grin and but replied “Okay, I’ll report this to Mickey when he gets back. Or call him!”

“Where is he anyway?” Yuko asked. “He left as soon as the party was over.”

“Queen Minnie was kidnapped by an unknown force. A search party was sent out secretly so that we wouldn’t frighten the guests.” Almia said casually.

“And you didn’t tell me this why?” Yuko asked.

“Well you did storm off to your room from depression!” Almia said crossing his arms.

Yuko glared but said, “Okay, so what do we do?”

“Well I don’t know, you kinda caught me off guard.” He replied a bit weary. He stood up from his chair and looked out the window.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t let that stupid person in here.” Almia said leaping out of the window.

“He is so lonely” Tiana said

“He’s not lonely… he is simply in love and misses her.” Naveen said in a matter a fact way.

Yuko looked out the window in thought.

*~--]===#

Almia looked up at Tiana’s window and smiled. He glanced at the big oak tree that almost seemed like it was put there for him. He saw a thick branch closest to her window and began his almost ninja assent. Almia broke off a twig from the branch and tossed it at the window. It hit the window and fell towards the grass. A couple of seconds later a woman came to the window.

“ALMIA! The princes has been taken!” she screamed in desperation.

NO! why her!

“Don’t worry I’ll get them, and reap my revenge on them for every thing.” He said dropping down onto the ground hitting it with such force and anger that the ground shattered around him making dust cloud around him which turned into a jet black aura.

*~--]===#

"Take the girl to the cells with the rest." A strange creature muttered to another. It was pitch black with no obvious details, the one that spoke was in the form of King Mickey.

“I’m going take a safe bet that you’re the ones taking magic.” Yuko said standing in the doorway of the throne room. A creature looked up at the one that looked like the king. It nodded and then walk towards Yuko stopping a few feet in front of her. This one was in the shape of a boy.

“We are indeed, our race is called Shade-shadow for short. And we need magic to live. Heartless are our descendents and we are here to exact our revenge on this puny world.” The shadow explained

“I haven’t been here long but these are good people, and your all going to parish. Unless of course you go and never come back.” She said

The shadow threw its head back and laughed. Yuko frowned and her Keyblade appeared in her hands. Calcifer formed next to her in the form a of a huge lion and growled. The creature coward in fear and ran. All the other ones turned to see what was going on and ran disappearing in the shadows.

“Well I guess we did it Calcifer!” she said laughing

She turned around saw the true reason they ran. Almia was standing on a hill in the courtyard with his whole right arm burning black flames that clung to his Keyblade. The rest of him was surrounded by a dark aura. He looked her in the eyes and she closed her eyes feeling his stare burn through her. When she opened them and he was gone.

End of book one.



© 2010 Regret Almia Fair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on August 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010


Author

Regret Almia Fair
Regret Almia Fair

phoenix, AZ



About
hey there im Alex :) im sixteen and a new writer as of this past year. Everything to know about me and more by zahannahThe Basicsname: AlexAge: 16B-day: 7/20/94Hair color: brown/maroonishEye color.. more..

Writing