People are strange

People are strange

A Chapter by chucklez

People are strange
     I once worked, on a set, where a girl told the wardrobe department, she could not wear the dress they had given her, because it was hurting her n*****s. Apparently she had not worn, or thought to bring a bra, to her job, on a movie set, that day. I guess she expected the wardrobe department to supply everything! She was sent home.
     Another set, I worked, they gave a 20 dollar bonus, to any man willing, to let hair, and make-up, glue on some facial hair. One extra, who had a full beard, went into the bathroom, and hurriedly shaved his face, in an effort to get the extra money. He cut his face several times. He was sent home.
     Then there was the guy, on the set of “Champion,” who decided it would be a good idea, to fire up a fatty, on camera, while filming. The director yelled, ”cut!” He then walked right over to the guy, and barked,” You must be out of your f*****g mind!” This extra was sent home. He got off easy. The production company could have had him arrested.
     A few days later, I stopped by the casting office, to drop off some new photos. I asked the casting director if he heard about the moron getting high, on camera. He replied, ”You are not going to believe this. The guy comes in, the next day, and says, I got fired yesterday, for smoking dope, on camera. Am I still going to get paid? I told him to get the hell out of my office, while he still could.” “You’re right,” I said, “I don’t believe you. 
     Small wonder, so many movie extras have a hard time, getting work. Extras get fired, or sent home early, for a multitude of reasons. Chief among them is stupidity. I once got booked as a fat guy. I was sent home early, for not being fat enough. I still got paid.
     The sad reality? Should one Klingon be killed, a thousand Organians will die. Many good workers are punished, for the actions of a stupid few. There is still no business like show business.


© 2015 chucklez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This would be a fantastic read if there weren't so many commas. I'll give you two examples of the sentences and where the commas should be placed. It's better to take them all out than to place too many.

Another set I worked, they gave a 20-dollar bonus to any man willing to let hair and make-up glue on some facial hair.

I once worked on a set where a girl told the wardrobe department, she could not wear the dress they had given her because it was hurting her n*****s.



Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on January 31, 2015
Last Updated on January 31, 2015


Author

chucklez
chucklez

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by chucklez


Casting Casting

A Chapter by chucklez