Alien Nation

Alien Nation

A Chapter by chucklez

Alien Nation

     “Alien Nation,” was a film, based on an earlier feature, and TV series, of the same name. It told the story of friendly aliens, from outer space, coming to Earth, to live among humans.  The film I worked on, was titled, “Body and Soul.” I think it aired in 1995, but I am not sure. These, “aliens,” had large, bald heads, and various patterns of spots, on their bodies. They were able to get drunk on sour milk, had 2 hearts, and direct contact with salt water, could kill them. They also liked yellow mustard, in their coffee, and thought weasels were good eating. This film focused on the relationship between 2 cops. One alien, and one human, during a time when aliens, and humans were experimenting sexually, with each other. 

     Aliens from space, and humans, living together, has been done many times, in Hollywood. This was a “buddy cop” show. Also done many times. My first day I was booked as a “perp.” Cop slang for perpetrator, or criminal. The make-up department gave me a black eye, so I looked like I had been in a fight, with someone. I do not remember being in a jail cell, but I do remember the squad room, at the police station. We were on a soundstage near downtown Los Angeles.

     Before the day was over, the production company found out about the massive amount of wardrobe, I had brought to set, so they made me a detective, and raised my pay. This resulted in multiple days, of work, and SAG wages. I was already eligible, to join the Screen Actors Guild, but I had not joined yet. I do not remember if I was supposed to take the work, according to union rules, or not, but I took it anyway. I worked many different scenes, in and around the station house, and surrounding area. Over the 6 or 7, 12-hour plus days, I was booked, I got to work with some of my favorite people. We shot in the Wilshire district, as well as downtown Los Angeles, and I still have a couple of pictures, from the shoot.   

     At one point, during shooting, the 1st A D, gave me a path, to follow, around the squad room. It involved arriving at a specific place, at a specific time, with specific actions, for each arrival. It was done to make the squad room, look busy. All of this was done, on camera, with sound rolling, and I did it over several times. When the 1st A D saw that I could do all this, she picked me to interact, with one of the principle actors. This actor was allowed to push me aside, almost knocking me down. As a result of all this, I got an adjustment, to my pay, and because it was SAG work, they could not lower my pay, once they raised it. It just kept getting better, and better.

     There was gunfire, tazers, a tranquilizer gun, explosions, glass breaking, and bodies flying. It was great! I made a few wisecracks, and got away with it. I took some pictures, and nobody cared. Once again, I had endeared myself to the production company, for bringing lots of wardrobe, and just doing my job. The 1st A D, actually thanked me, for my good work, and said that it wasn’t very often she worked with extras, like me, who took direction, so well. A very nice compliment indeed! She said these words right before she got on the radio, and told production, to raise my pay. I still can’t believe it myself.

     I was all over the squad room, the hallways outside the squad room, the street in front of the police station, and they even kept me for some kind of “encounter group,” that taught humans, the correct way, to have sex, with aliens. 

     Our story was about an evil alien, altered to look human, who was performing illegal scientific experiments on humans, and aliens. In addition he was using alien technology to create futuristic weapons, which were also illegal. This alien was like the Adolph Hitler, of the alien home world. Of course he was presumed dead, but it was all a lie, and a government cover up. Our heroes save the girl, and kill the bad guy. Never would have guessed that. I have not seen the film, for a long time, but if memory serves, I am visible several times. The most of any film I have seen. None of this matters. The crew, the actors, my friends, the pay, the food, etc. All in all, probably my best time, on a set. Like I’ve said before, “When it is bad, it really sucks! When it is good, it’s f*****g fantastic!


© 2015 chucklez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on January 31, 2015
Last Updated on January 31, 2015


Author

chucklez
chucklez

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by chucklez