Letter 14: To The One I Drifted Away From

Letter 14: To The One I Drifted Away From

A Chapter by ajasminewallflower
"

Katerina

"

Dear Kat,

 

            I know we were really good friends before, but I think something has changed in our relationship forever. It seems like after High school, you got more involved in only having one person in your life. Jay. You told me you had a thing for him. But this wasn’t where the problem started. Its what sealed it.

 

            You helped me through so many issues that I was going through freshman and sophomore year after everything was starting to be rebuilt in my life. We always had this drift away then come back together relationship. Whenever one of our lives was hitting the fan, we were there to pick up the pieces and once that job was done, we went on with our own lives. At one point, we were all that each other really had. You were my confidant on many of my most personal issues. Some I never told Steph or Mia. You always had a way of wisdom about you, you always gave it to me straight and told me things the way they were and I needed to hear it. And I was your “little bag of sunshine” That kept you somewhat optimistic on life. We balanced each other out. The realist and the dreamer. We switched roles for certain occasions but that’s really how it was.

 

Then the summer before senior year our families became intertwined. Our moms became best friends, your mom was like my mom and you dated my brother for a brief time. I’m sorry to say that this might have lead to our permanent drifting. Our mothers got into a huge fight. My brother broke up with you after you pushed him too far. And at some point to avoid more conflict, we saw less and less of each other. I often wonder what might of happened if all this never happened.

 

We saw each other one last time right after I’d gotten baptized and the one person that was most apart of your life humiliated me at Target. Jay attacked me emotionally with all these hateful word on my beliefs instead of just accepting my choice. You defended me, but in the most passive way possible. I never told you I came home crying because I was so embarrassed and felt so “trapped in a corner”. After that we never talked. I don’t know what might happen when we do.

 

But I can say thank you. For the good times, all the advice that picked me up and put me on my feet again, and the care you had for me when no one else did care. You are one of those people I consider God made sure I had to meet.

 

Love,

 

Jazz



© 2011 ajasminewallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on January 16, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2011


Author

ajasminewallflower
ajasminewallflower

Hollister, CA



About
Hey everyone! My name is Jazmine and this is my life in metaphors and beautiful words. You guys probably remember me as Jazmataz. Well, I'm haven't been on here for almost two years and after a.. more..

Writing