Letter 16: To the one that lives in another state

Letter 16: To the one that lives in another state

A Chapter by ajasminewallflower
"

Joseph

"

Dear Joseph,

 

            I have to say, you were the first person I thought of just for this portion and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You are my cousin after all. I just wish you didn’t live so far away.

 

            It’s sad to think that the only impression I had of you before I even knew my own cousin was that you took a turn for the worst and that was it. You were “The bad kid” in the family. But I’m glad you came to my graduation. Meeting you for the first time was something I’ll always remember. You and I hit it off because we loved the same music. We loved the same movies and we could just talk. You were like my best friend my graduation weekend. We went driving and just really got to figure out who the other was.  We would talk in my room for hours and hours. You gave me advice and told me things I would never forget.  You recorded me singing on your phone so you would always have something of me to carry with you. We even fell asleep talking to each other. I realized that you weren’t the bad kid in the family; you wee trying to figure out things you were confused about. And that you came back to the person you knew you were and could be. I look back and regret to not taking that chance to truly get to know you. But I’m glad we finally did get past first impressions. My only wish was that you could have stayed longer.

 

            We only had three days but that weekend was the best weekend I can imagine from that time.  As a family, we were all so calm and happy for my graduation. I felt like I did something right when everything was going bad. We all were so happy compared to our normal family get together. Just having everyone there and being the way we were was the best gift I could have gotten all year.

 

            I want to come visit badly. Miss you cousin. We’ll see each other soon okay?

 

Love you,

 

Jazzykins



© 2011 ajasminewallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 19, 2011


Author

ajasminewallflower
ajasminewallflower

Hollister, CA



About
Hey everyone! My name is Jazmine and this is my life in metaphors and beautiful words. You guys probably remember me as Jazmataz. Well, I'm haven't been on here for almost two years and after a.. more..

Writing